Your view on Superman and Darkseid as enimes.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just reading the article post on the main page about the new gods in the new 52 and this got me to thinking about darkseid and then superman. Then i started to think about the both of them fighting in Justice league unlimited and the new 52 and i stated to think to myself on how awesome and deadly a villien is to the man of steel as well as the intire DCU.I also like the idea of Superman not really being able to defeat him by him self. Sure Supes puts all he has in to a fight agenst Darkseid but in the end from the fights i have seen he does win but only if somene helps right at the end. Like in JL#6 supes is fighting him and then cyborg closes the boom tube he is standing in now IMO that fight could have been so awesome if they added just a little more pannels just to show us a bit more of that fight. Another example is in the JL tv show supes and DS are fighting and batman pulls him away knowing if he satys eather he dies in the explosen or darkseid kills him. To me a villien such as darkseid is exactly what the man of steel needs a nemises that he just hates with all his being and on top of that is much more powerful than him by a long shot and not just supes the enite JL too. IMO Darksied needs to meantioned a lot more not show up cause then that would make his hole Big bad of all big bad thing a bit stale but instedd build up his evil back story inn order to make the enitre Jl and Supes quiver in there boot knowing that this dude could kill knowing that they were bearly able to hold thier own the last time they tangeled.

#2 Posted by syoungkeezy (81 posts) - - Show Bio

ur right he should be supermans main opponent not some dude that he cant kill because all life is sacred what crap, darkseid is a villain that superman cannot beat physically at least not yet, plus he is smart exactly that type of villain superman should have

#3 Edited by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superman/Darkseid grudge has always been an interesting one. Early on, Darkseid was always characterized as being much more powerful than Superman and it seems that the New 52 Darkseid is as well. Superman certainly has no defense against Darkseid's Omega Beam/Effect/Sanction, and the evil god has other abilities and henchmen that can trouble the man of steel like when he had Amazing Grace brainwash Superman to lead a rebellion on Apokolips during Legends. Usually this leads to Superman needing help defeating Darkseid. However, there have been moments where Superman has whooped Darkseid in a fist fight without much help at all. Kal held his own against him in Countdown and Superman/Batman. It's also interesting to note that Doomsday nearly killed Darkseid without the god managing to do much damage to the monster. Superman beat Doomsday one on one twice: Incapacitating the beast during Death of Superman and beating him but good in Doomsday Hunter/Prey even if he did have a Mother Box to help. It's always an interesting battle and not so straightforward as it concerns who beats who. Darkseid is best used sparingly, though. The more you see him, the less menacing he is.

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should never be able to beat Darkseid period IMO

#5 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Darkseid are polar opposites of each other,one being the ultimate force for good and the other being the ultimate force of evil.IMO Superman shld be the guy(Geoff johns read my mind) like in JL #6 to step up to darkseid when he's beaten everybody else,he shld be able to go one on one wit darkseid and survive, nobody actually winning,though,anyone read apokolips now??im thinkin that happened cuz firstly supes was a lil sun dipped after Our wrlds at war n also steels life was hangin in the balance and he really cut loose n fought ruthlessly. stories wld not be good if darkseid showed up at every boss level,he shld be used sparingly as a threat against everyone,not just supes. but think their pretty equal,darkseid being a bit stronger....plus theres the whole omega effect,which supes has shown to withstand in JL(as in not die from it).

#6 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is everyone's enemy. Portraying him as strictly a Superman villain is the worst way to use him, because then you need Superman to be able to fight him and win on his own. Darkseid is the type of character that shouldn't be beaten solo.

#7 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

Darkseid is everyone's enemy. Portraying him as strictly a Superman villain is the worst way to use him, because then you need Superman to be able to fight him and win on his own. Darkseid is the type of character that shouldn't be beaten solo.

So basically, a JL enemy then?

I wouldn't mind either way, he seems like the ideal villain IMO.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: yes exactly im saying have superman hate darkseid but not being ouly his enimiey but the one being in the univerise that he hates with a firey passion and will do anything to stop him.Also supes being weaker than Darkseid is even better cause then the stakes are so much higher cause even though he is out matched and overpowerd by darkseid he cant stop cause if he does everyone else dies.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is Superman's polar opposite.

#10 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid should not be just a Superman villain. He should be a big bad and Superman should never ever beat Darkseid.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is one of the best Superman villains and is amazingly done character.

#12 Posted by Mr_Winchester (710 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:

This. 
@SandMan_ said:
Darkseid is Superman's polar opposite.
Hmm I wouldnt say polar opposites.
#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17850 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is a brilliant character and more than a worthy foe for Superman, but I hate that he's seen as mainly Kal's villain.

Moderator Online
#14 Edited by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the perfect villain for superman. They did an excellent job on the DCAU. Every time I read a comic with him in it Michael Ironsides voice always rings out in my head. "I am many things Kal El, but here I am god", pure badass.

#15 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

personally, I prefer darkseid to thanos

#16 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Kal shouldnt be able to beat Darkseid under normal circumstances, Darkseid is a GOD after all. Darkseid is Superman's best villiain, but he is arguably the main villain of the DCU too. Darkseid should be used sparingly tho, and I'm glad they've been giving him a break since he died in Final Crisis (although they just couldn't resist using him in the JL's new origin) but I have a feeling like we'll be seeing a lot of him in 2013. Overall, Darkseid should be the entire DCU's villain, but he and Superman will always be arch enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.