Yes. Hell yes!

#1 Posted by GaryTitan (81 posts) - - Show Bio

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8642fUNzV1qlva78o1_500.png

Hell freaking yes!

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me make it easier for other viners. Here's the pic:

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

There you have it. Choose to be abusive and Superman comes to your home and whips you through the wall.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Morrison had done a scene like this in Action Comics instead of just referencing it. Awesome pic though!

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: He'll do it eventually, he has plenty of time. Oh wait...

#6 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Aside from Action Comics 0, he's finished in the past I believe. Hopefully the last 3 issues will set up the Anti-Superman Army as a conceivable threat for Superman. If you can't renovate or give Superman one good villain, why not give him an organisation filled with villains for him to fight? It's probably the best way for another addition to Superman's regular rogues gallery.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Hope he doesn't cheat himself off of the series with a lackluster story. It's bad enough that he's leaving.

#8 Posted by BatWatch (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

If only that actually happened.

I saw a girl being beaten by her boyfriend once at a gas station. I looked at him intently, but I was too scared to get involved. I was only seventeen at the time. I think he said, "What are you lookin' at," and I think the girl told me, "Don't get involved." The guy tried to stare me down, and I didn't say anything, but I did keep staring back, and he didn't hit her again while he was at the gas station. I hope I would have the courage today to at least tell the guy off if not punch him in the nose. I'd probably lost a fight, but men should take a stand on that sort of thing.

#9 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

For bullies?Shouldn't it be abusive husbands?

#10 Posted by MB25 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

AWSOME!

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the kind of Superman I was expecting in the new 52....

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

They reference a scene like this in Action Comics 1.

#13 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@SandMan_ said:

They reference a scene like this in Action Comics 1.

It didn't last...
#14 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I'm sure Morrison has some spectacular conclusion up his sleeve. At least he better do.

@SandMan_: He still manhandled a child murderer in Action Comics 10. But yes it didn't last. Maybe Action Comics should have stayed in the past and let Superman handle the present day adventures.

#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

He did do something simillar in Grounded.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Indeed, he better but he's barely finishing off the third arc. How much room does he really have to breath?

#17 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Hmm 3 issues for the Phantom Zone criminals and the Anti Superman Army? I can see your point now.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yeah, I'm highly skeptical about this final arc Morrison is writing.

#19 Posted by BatWatch (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I wish Morrison had done a scene like this in Action Comics instead of just referencing it. Awesome pic though!

You are not approving a of a criminal method of dealing with criminals are you? (winks)

#20 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@Lvenger said:

You are not approving a of a criminal method of dealing with criminals are you? (winks)

I didn't say I was against roughing up those who have committed wrongs in society. Just the way in which the American Criminal Justice system deals with them. American police are way more imposing than British police. Even when they pulled over my dad in Florida because they thought he was crossing lanes, they had a deadly serious tone. He wasn't by the way but it was just an example to illustrate my point.

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: Or maybe...Just have Superman act like that both in the past and present.
#22 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Consistency has been lacking in the two Superman titles. I found one of its major problems to be that it was desperately clutching at the straws of continuity Morrison was establishing in Action Comics. Also when G-Man answered my question about how Lobdell wrote Superman, he said that no one could write Superman like Morrison does. He is a unique writer. Plus after 5 years surely Superman needs to be a little more experienced and less brash? I'm all for him continuing his Golden Age/New 52 trend of being the champion of the common man though.

#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: Morrison knows Superman like the back of his hand. That's why its going to be so hard to replace him in Action Comics. The Superman title sucks, just plain sucks. I really doubt Lobdell will give us that Superman. Because the Golden Age ''Champion Of the People'' Superman is more relevant than ''Boy Scout'' Superman.I really would like for them to find a way to blend the cosmic adventures with that Golden Age attitude. Seems more fun.
#24 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Lvenger: Morrison knows Superman like the back of his hand. That's why its going to be so hard to replace him in Action Comics. The Superman title sucks, just plain sucks. I really doubt Lobdell will give us that Superman. Because the Golden Age ''Champion Of the People'' Superman is more relevant than ''Boy Scout'' Superman.I really would like for them to find a way to blend the cosmic adventures with that Golden Age attitude. Seems more fun.

That's exactly how I feel about the matter. On the one hand, the reboot has done Superman good, at least in terms of Action Comics. But on the other, we've had rubbish creative teams on Superman. I expected more of Perez and Jurgens quite frankly. Anyway as you mentioned that Morrison knows Superman like the back of his hand and I know you'd like Snyder to write Action Comics once Morrison leaves. Do you think that he'll be able to 'know' Superman's character in a sense as well as he knows Batman's?

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: AC is the only successful Superman title. Which is sad...

They need to find a way to use that GA attitude in cosmic and street adventures...

We will never know if he doesn't try. Give him a chance.
#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonCake said:

For bullies?Shouldn't it be abusive husbands?

same thing 
#27 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

What's sadder is that Batman has 5 fricking books and Superman only has two. And that doesn't include Justice League or Justice International appearances. Which makes the score 7-3 in Batman's favour. We need another good Superman book. Bring back Superman: The Man of Steel! It'll be prudent given the Man of Steel film coming out in 2013. IMO Superman and Batman only need 3 books each. 4 is too much and 5 just shows that DC are making loads of money. Cancel the Dark Knight, move the awesome creative team of Hurrwitz and Finch to Detective Comics. Done. Oh and give Steel an ongoing as well.

@SandMan_ said:

They need to find a way to use that GA attitude in cosmic and street adventures...

That would be perfect. Morrison gave us a glimpse of that in Action Comics 6 but with him leaving at 16, I'm not sure whether we'll see any more of that from Morrison or the next writer.

@SandMan_ said: We will never know if he doesn't try. Give him a chance.

The only reason I'm skeptical about Snyder is that I've only seen him do dark, edgy stuff. That's the kind of writing he excels at. American Vampire, Detective Comics, Batman and Swamp Thing are all very mature dark stuff. Even his Flashpoint: Project Superman mini series was very dark. Besides there are no rumours about who's wriiting Action Comics next so we're going in circles. We'll have to wait a while to see who DC have picked to write Action Comics.

#28 Posted by BatWatch (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@Lvenger said:

I didn't say I was against roughing up those who have committed wrongs in society. Just the way in which the American Criminal Justice system deals with them. American police are way more imposing than British police. Even when they pulled over my dad in Florida because they thought he was crossing lanes, they had a deadly serious tone. He wasn't by the way but it was just an example to illustrate my point.

I'm not a big fan of cops. I'm sure there are some good ones, but the cops in my city have major attitudes.

I was just continuing needling you on your statement that good guys shouldn't use the methods of bad guys. Are you willing you amend that statement yet?

#29 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: Indeed, its not really fair. Batman has like 6 apperances a month, not counting team books, and has the best writers and artist in the biz...They should give Superman another title, like you said and give him a goddamn good writer...

They need to stick with that GA attitude...

Doesn't have to be dark, but serious would do it. Though, I wouldn't mind a well written dark Superman story.
#30 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Eh I'm not sure Superman works well in a dark story. A mature, serious story yes. I'd love to see more mature Superman stories, not dark ones.

#31 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger: We will never know until we tried, but I would love a mature Superman story as well.
#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58278 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Someone hasn't been reading Superman Family Adventures :p
BB

#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Don't you have to fight Black Adam or something?
#34 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

I was just continuing needling you on your statement that good guys shouldn't use the methods of bad guys. Are you willing you amend that statement yet?

Ah this is from the other thread? The one where we diverted from whether cinemas should issue security checks (my view, no real point in doing that) to the death penalty. In terms of that point, I said the good guys shouldn't execute the bad guys. Although I prefer a more rational, peaceful approach to solving problems, if said person is not listening to reason or continues committing a crime, then sometimes you have to respond with physical force to stop them. The difference is that law enforcement try to use the right amount of force to stun or incapacitate a person, not kill or cause unwarranted harm like the criminal does.

#35 Posted by BatWatch (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Ah this is from the other thread? The one where we diverted from whether cinemas should issue security checks (my view, no real point in doing that) to the death penalty. In terms of that point, I said the good guys shouldn't execute the bad guys. Although I prefer a more rational, peaceful approach to solving problems, if said person is not listening to reason or continues committing a crime, then sometimes you have to respond with physical force to stop them. The difference is that law enforcement try to use the right amount of force to stun or incapacitate a person, not kill or cause unwarranted harm like the criminal does.

(grins) Yeah, there is a difference, but at one point in the other thread, you said it undermines everything that is right in the world to use criminal methods to deal with criminals. Just pointing out that you don't mind some criminal methods being used against criminals...imprisonment, assault, theft. I'm trying to kill your agrument via a thousand razor blades. I don't expect you to suddenly come to my point of view, but for every little bit of blood I draw from your argument, I weaken it.

Just for the fun of the argument, of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.