Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Writers have a habit of stealing Superman villains

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean it happened with Mongol, now this rumor of Brainiac fighting the JLA which I have issues with cause I do not want the JLA to fight just Superman enemies. Maybe its just me, also how are you guys been gone from the forum for a very long time actually so its nice to be back.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac I understand. If he comes to Earth it would be a planetary threat what do you think the other Heroes would just sit around and hope Superman handles it lol

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is nothing new.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac is competent enough to take on the entire league and written well could make for an interesting story so i wouldn't be opposed to it. Agreed about the others though.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long time no hear from you.

And actually I don’t find such state of things to be upsetting. Don’t think that rogues should specifically set to always fight against some specific hero. For example, if some villain started to cause mayhem in Metropolis, then of course it’s up for Superman to save the day. But both Mongul and Brainiac… They’re very powerful villains; they mostly operate outside of Earth – so it makes sense for them tackle with Lanterns, for example, or other team

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually kinda flattering. Those enemies of Superman are so powerful and versatile, that writers of other characters want to play with them (heck, even the bloody Prankster made the switch to a Nightwing enemy, and thank God for that). Most of them are planetary-level threats, too, so it's to be expected that others become involved in fighting them. It's not like Mad Hatter hopping to Seattle to pick a fight with Green Arrow...

Also, let's not forget that Superman "stole" Hector Hammond.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we look at Superman enemies most of them are world threats. They're not like the Joker or some ancient atlantian god. True that they could have used Green Lantern and Wonder Woman foes, and maybe in time they will. At least I hope so.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cyborg Superman, Mongul and Lex Luthor all get JLed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything that's a compliment to his villains, but the ones that get "stolen" are really threats or villains to everyone.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facepalm. That how it should be.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I don't like it either. Idk why they don't just use classic League villains.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.