Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Would Superman turn his back on someone?

KingJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been watching Sleepy Hollow and the plot line with Ichabod and his son as well as plot lines in comics like with Batman and Jason Tod. Has had me thinking what would Superman do in a situation where he has to face a former protege one who in a way he let down. Like say he unintentionally betrayed or sold out Superboy or Supergirl and years later after being held prisoner on Apokolips that person came back as like a follower of Darkseid determined to ruin Superman's life.

Would Superman try and reason with Superboy or Supergirl or would he just take them down without even reflecting on the part he played in how his comrade went evil?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty sure this already happened.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

@night4345 said:

Pretty sure this already happened.

Yep. In many different ways. Supergirl turned evil by Darkseid, Superman of Earth 2 and Superboy Prime feeling betrayed that New Earth wasn't a better earth than the ones they sacrificed.

I think a situation like that is similar to how Lana Lang views Supes currently in Action Comics.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He'll always try to convince.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title is a bit more comprehensive than your question, but to answer it: No, he wouldn't. I mean, Superman once managed to rationalize his helping Darkseid, of all people.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

Nah, Superman would never turn his back on someone. No one. As said, he's the guy who wants to help flippin Darkseid, so, yeah.

Mortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on the severity of the circumstance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

KingJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortal said:

Depends on the severity of the circumstance.

Sorry for the long wait I was thinking of a situation where Superman has too fight Darkseid on Apocalypse and is forced flee leaving behind a sidekick/partner who is not seen in a number of years and who subsequently became a twisted evil force whose only drive was hurting Superman or at the very least making life difficult for him. Though by difficult I don't mean go on a killing spree I mean invade Superman's life as a coworker or competitor to cause him stress and rattle his cage a little and or to cause tension in Superman's relationships sort of like a villain but in the grey area that makes him the kind of villain Superman can't raise a fist to. While at the same time being the kind of villain that wouldn't spit on Superman if he was on fire and probably give a random roaming psycho villain directions to his front door.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see that ever happening.

Usually it's the people he trusts the most that betray him and not the other way around.

It's one of Supes greatest strengths and weaknesses. He's able to trust and work with anyone for the better good, even if its Luthor, Darkseid, Lobo, or anyother shady character. Most of the times we the readers, see the betrayal coming a mile away, but not Superman. He'll always believe in people until they betray him.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

No member on the Justice League would ever turn their backs on someone. Not Wonder Woman, Not Flash, Not Captain Marvel, and certainly not Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.