Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Would Superman be more populare/have less haters if he was human?

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Saucedo17

I've notice that with a lot of superman haters they usually hate him because he's powerful and yet I don't really see allot of hate with Flash or Shazame (other then him being to goody goody pre-52), I started thinking is it because Flash and Shazame are human? What do guys think why Superman usually gets hate yet there's hardly any for Flash and Shazame do think is it because there human what do you guys think

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Superman is #1 that's why people hate him. Nothing more nothing less.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stephens2177

no not because he is a alien,bit because he is considered a boy scout. 

oh and superboy is the one who ppl are probably hating,cause he isnt a full kryptonian,but still wears the S.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CODYSF

@TheCrowbar said:

Goldfinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Goldfinch

I honestly hate Supes only because he is always unbeatable, yes his powers should be much less more human, I cannot make a connection with a guy who is an alien, and who is too much powerful and unbeatable.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Stormbox

@Goldfinch said:

I honestly hate Supes only because he is always unbeatable, yes his powers should be much less more human, I cannot make a connection with a guy who is an alien, and who is too much powerful and unbeatable.

Uhh yeah superman never loses, right

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

Superman shouldn't be changed to appease the haters because they're not real fans.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrimsonCake

@SmashBrawler said:

Superman shouldn't be changed to appease the haters because they're not real fans.

Exactly.

I got into an argument over someone about Superman and the other person Kept Bringing up Silver-age Superman's feat of sneezing a Galaxy away to support his Claim that superman is overpowered. People these days...

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Cap10nate

It has nothing to do with him being an alien. He has been the most popular character for 70 years. So for 70 years, fans who thought their favorite characters were the best have held spite for Superman because he gets all the glory and attention. Any time you have something on top for so long there will be all kinds of people who despise them because they feel their character is left out.

Look at the New York Yankees. They have been the most successful team in baseball for the past 100 years and are in NYC. A poll will show that they are the most loved and hated team in the league. Supes is basically the Yankees of comics.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@SmashBrawler said:

QFT

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supermanfan1234

@TheCrowbar said:

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By asIsuspected

There will never be a character loved by everyone.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal19

@TheCrowbar said:

QFT

@Goldfinch said:

Unbeatable. cmon, if superman was unbeatable no one would read his comics. think about it for a minute

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stephens2177

goldfinch then you must really hate flash or martian manhunter,they are written more like unbeatable gods nowadays then superman. 

the writers for superman should play to their base,actual superman lovers,not the haters,its like being political correct.the superman fans are who buy the books,merchandise,and watch all the shows,,they are who you shojld make happy.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackWind

If I told a casual fan Flash could turn Superman into a statue, they wouldn't believe it. Most are just ignorant and aren't aware of his limits.

@Goldfinch: None of that is true.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By cameron83

@stephens2177: Well actually people are just using their powers more effectively.If all flash did was run really fast,neither I or thousands of other people will like him.Him using his speed in a more effective way is much more interesting,we wanna see how he uses them.In Silver age or whatever he probably just used his powers to race people.Same with Martian manhunter (sorta),but j'onzz was written to be powerful,with a vulnerable weakness.Same with alot of powerful JLA characters (consistent weaknesses,so if superman is bulletproof,he better not get stabbed with a knife).

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stephens2177

if other characters are just getting to use their powers effeftive,then im sitting patiently to see superman get the same treatement.i mean if they really wanted to superman could vibrate his molecules to pass through things too,make himself invisible or even intangible,his mental ability called something like toraqism(ibknow thats way off lol) could open the door to him fighting off any mental attacks,and even possibliy letting him push a telepathic message or attack toward others.sonar vision is new,but really when he uses all his super senses together he should be able to do this with everything with pinpoint accuracy,nothing should be able to eascape his sight.they could keep increasing his strength,durability,and speed to the point that he could move whole galaxies again,go through time,take a sun going super nova in the face easily.see what im saying,sure its coll seeing other characters broaden their use of their powers,bjt dont leave superman behimd while doing it,mostly when he is a character bulit to be better over the years already.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mfundo

I like him. The only one thing I hate about him is how the fan boys always say, "He is Superman, he wins. End of discussion" with no reasoning at all. Plus he's kind of overpowered.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Supreme Marvel

If he were human, I might not read him.

The fact he is alien and more human that any of us, that speaks out to me.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Rumble Man

no

too much 'human' characters with 'angst' already

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Mbecks14

@Goldfinch said:

Because all Superman is would be an unstoppable fighting machine who always wins? Don't you mean every hero? He doesn't live a human life having been raised by humans? He doesn't have a personallity or character other than winning? This is an example of the mentality towards Superman that I HATE. Because you obviously don't read much Superman. I'm not saying you need to or that you need to love his character, but don't say he's boring if you haven't read much of him.

And all superheroes are unbeatable. When do heroes ever really lose? In the end, all heroes will win. Sure they all suffer loss, but I think there's a giant misconception that Superman's never lost anything. He died, he's lost his birth parents and an entire PLANET/species (twice technically), he lost his psuedo son Chris Kent to the phantom zone twice, his adoptive parents have died in multiple stories, etc. How is Superman more unbeatable than anyone else?

@Supreme Marvel said:

This.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@Mbecks14 said:

@Goldfinch said:

Because all Superman is would be an unstoppable fighting machine who always wins? Don't you mean every hero? He doesn't live a human life having been raised by humans? He doesn't have a personallity or character other than winning? This is an example of the mentality towards Superman that I HATE. Because you obviously don't read much Superman. I'm not saying you need to or that you need to love his character, but don't say he's boring if you haven't read much of him.

And all superheroes are unbeatable. When do heroes ever really lose? In the end, all heroes will win. Sure they all suffer loss, but I think there's a giant misconception that Superman's never lost anything. He died, he's lost his birth parents and an entire PLANET/species (twice technically), he lost his psuedo son Chris Kent to the phantom zone twice, his adoptive parents have died in multiple stories, etc. How is Superman more unbeatable than anyone else?

@Supreme Marvel said:

This.

Well said.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.