Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

World Of New Krypton Trailer

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I must say that I have been enjoying the Superman comics again.  I've read them for some time.  I've liked them but they usually didn't leave too much of an impression on me.  Lately, things have been really interesting.  With the release of the Kandor, the bottled city, everything has changed.  With New Krypton, we have a bunch of Kryptonians flying around and there are those on Earth that aren't too happy.  The fact that General Zod has been released from the Phantom Zone and is high in power, once again, probably won't make things any better.  To make things worse, all Kryptonians (except Superman) have been banned from Earth, including Supergirl.

Here's a trailer DC just put out for the "World Of New Krypton."  For all the Superman haters (I still don't get why all the hate), he's not the central character in the arc.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I hate Superman, but the Brainiac story, followed by New Krypton is AMAZING. I highly recommend this....

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

I don't like Superman, but this seems interesting.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

The trailer made me interested o_O Not that it wasn't interesting before, but still...

Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#4  Edited By TwilightThunder

That video was craptacular.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

i'm loving just about everything dc is doing right now and i really hope this leads to an earth/new krypton war

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

I love Superman and I am interested in this story for sure.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
    Superman is the shiznit
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
    danhimself said:
    "i'm loving just about everything dc is doing right now and i really hope this leads to an earth/new krypton war"
    That seems so one side and a Secret Invasion ripoff:P
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

SI ripoff? How?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian
    inferiorego said:
    "SI ripoff? How?
    "
    Big war between super powered alien race. I don't know, just sounds an awful lot like SI. At least the main story arc, not the lead up to it.
    Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Along with Captain America, Superman is one of the greatest superheroes from the golden age.

Avatar image for twilightthunder
    TwilightThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#12  Edited By TwilightThunder
    He was. Does anyone remember he was beaten to a bloody pulp by superboy-prime on Infinite Crisis (i'm talking about Kal-L the Ubermensch of the Golden Age)? THAT WAS AWFUL!
    P.S He was the counterpart of Captain America, who's also the shiznit!
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Nobody said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "SI ripoff? How?
    "
    Big war between super powered alien race. I don't know, just sounds an awful lot like SI. At least the main story arc, not the lead up to it.
    "
    First, I wasn't trying to come off like a d!ck, just asking. Sometimes asking comes off as cocky on the web. SI was something planned over years and years, infiltrating the system. New Krypton happened by accident. Aliens invading earth is a storyline that's been used time and time again. We could say they're both ripoffs of Independence Day, the Day The Earth Stood Still (the original), Signs, the list goes on and on. I can't really say it's fair to compare the two since it's an overused (but still pretty good) storyline.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Martian
    inferiorego said:
    "Nobody said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "SI ripoff? How?
    "
    "
    First, I wasn't trying to come off like a d!ck, just asking. Sometimes asking comes off as cocky on the web. SI was something planned over years and years, infiltrating the system. New Krypton happened by accident. Aliens invading earth is a storyline that's been used time and time again. We could say they're both ripoffs of Independence Day, the Day The Earth Stood Still (the original), Signs, the list goes on and on. I can't really say it's fair to compare the two since it's an overused (but still pretty good) storyline.
    "
    It just seems awfully soon to be doing an alien invasion story, for any comic company.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
    Its so lovely...
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Nobody said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "Nobody said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "SI ripoff? How?
    "
    "
    "
    It just seems awfully soon to be doing an alien invasion story, for any comic company.
    "
    You could say the same thing about SI and Drafted. Humans getting "Drafted" by Aliens to invade another alien planet. I know, it's the "Big Two" and they both play off each other's stories and characters quite a bit, so your argument does make perfect sense and I can understand why you would say that. The New Krypton story is something a lot of Supe fans have been waiting for, ever since they found out about the Bottled City of Kandor.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Calvin

I'm sorry for Kara, but Allura's a freaking nazi!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Media_Master

I wished they'd have a new villan/hero to look at.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.