Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Will unchained be an ongoing or mini-series ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

I would love it to be an ongoing but I don't see it as that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JakeN7

Ongoing as far as we know. It's definitely not a mini-series because the issues aren't numbered that way (no 1 (of 4), 2 (of 4), etc.) But with the concept of the book, and with Jim Lee on art, I have no doubt that it won't last long. Probably a limited series...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

This is what the solicit for a DC miniseries looks like:

THE HUNTRESS #1
    Written by PAUL LEVITZ
    Art by MARCUS TO and JOHN DELL
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    On sale OCTOBER 5 • 1 of 6, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Look out! By the end of this hot new miniseries, the Huntress will have the largest price on her head in DC Universe history.
    What will the Huntress do that warrants such a death mark? And who puts it there? The jaw-dropping events will be revealed as the Huntress heads home to Italy and embarks on a mission that defines her life. Don’t miss out, because this story will tie in to upcoming events in BIRDS OF PREY!

This is the solicit for Superman Unchained:

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Backup story art by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    1:300 B&W Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    On sale JUNE 12 • 32 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    Combo pack edition: $5.99 US
    When thirteen satellites fall from the sky in one day, the logical suspect is Lex Luthor—even though he’s still locked up in prison! But a stranger question remains: If Superman didn’t stop the last satellite from falling, who did? There’s a mystery hidden where even Superman can’t see it—Can The Man of Steel drag a decades-old secret into the light? Don’t miss the debut of this red-hot new series from two of comics’ brightest superstars: SCOTT SNYDER and JIM LEE!
    This debut issue also includes a bonus two-sided, tipped-in poster measuring 11.6875” x 18.875” that is part of the reading experience and can be easily removed for display!
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

So I really doubt it's a miniseries.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SmashBrawler said:

This is what the solicit for a DC miniseries looks like:

THE HUNTRESS #1
    Written by PAUL LEVITZ
    Art by MARCUS TO and JOHN DELL
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    On sale OCTOBER 5 • 1 of 6, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Look out! By the end of this hot new miniseries, the Huntress will have the largest price on her head in DC Universe history.
    What will the Huntress do that warrants such a death mark? And who puts it there? The jaw-dropping events will be revealed as the Huntress heads home to Italy and embarks on a mission that defines her life. Don’t miss out, because this story will tie in to upcoming events in BIRDS OF PREY!

This is the solicit for Superman Unchained:

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Backup story art by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    1:300 B&W Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    On sale JUNE 12 • 32 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
    Combo pack edition: $5.99 US
    When thirteen satellites fall from the sky in one day, the logical suspect is Lex Luthor—even though he’s still locked up in prison! But a stranger question remains: If Superman didn’t stop the last satellite from falling, who did? There’s a mystery hidden where even Superman can’t see it—Can The Man of Steel drag a decades-old secret into the light? Don’t miss the debut of this red-hot new series from two of comics’ brightest superstars: SCOTT SNYDER and JIM LEE!
    This debut issue also includes a bonus two-sided, tipped-in poster measuring 11.6875” x 18.875” that is part of the reading experience and can be easily removed for display!
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

So I really doubt it's a miniseries.

Does anyone else find this sentence a little strange? To me that sounds like it's some pages of the story that would look good on your wall. If that's the case, why would you pull out part of the comic? That'd screw up the flow of the issue and bring down the value.

Or am I wrong, and it means something else?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Huh, I didn't notice but that does seem to be the case. I doesn't really make sense so I hope there's a really good explanation for that.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@SmashBrawler:I'm trying to work out what else it could mean. The fact that it's double sided makes me wonder how it can be part of the story, or reading experience, as that would mean that the image on one side would be only visible in two halves when reading the comic.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@SmashBrawler cool thanks dude also how long do you think lee will be on art duty ?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi

They are not marketing it as a mini series. It has no definite end date as of yet. That being said, who's to say how long any series will last? This one is meant as an ongoing, however.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Z3RO180: I dunno, he's supposed to be in the book for the first arc (12 issues). We'll have to see if he stays in the book after that. Snyder is definitely staying in the book after those 12 issues, though. Wouldn't make sense for him to leave a title (Swamp Thing) only to do a short stint at another.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

@SmashBrawler Thanks dude I have no dout that unchained will epic.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By consolemaster001

What different would it be from ac and superman ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.