Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Will he get his identity fixed

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will he convince people somehow that superman and clark kent are two different people and live a normal life again

hyperion616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be so BORING! IMO it's for the best.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now I'd rather he leaves it that way

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SanoHibiki

Eventually yes, no doubt about it, but for some time Supes will live in the world where everyone knows his identity (probably will get fixed in the next S-titles’ crossover or new big event in DCU, not by convincing anyone, but through some mass mindwiping or reality manipulation ). Frankly, I rather like it, since such state of things brings new dynamic and potential for storytelling. IDK though if Superman’s writers will adequately use this opportunity.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By darkdetective27

I hope so. I think Superman works best when its Clark Kent and Superman. I cant wait for it to return to how things were.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. mxyzptlk should be watching the 3D world channel one day and notice the Superman shows he watches have gotten extremely boring with the no powers, identity exposed supes, so he decides to make a complaint call to the fates and have them change the fabric of the reality they just weaved.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of truth so hopefully it gets better, also the minute we go back to the status que a whole lot of you will be crying for his secret ID to be revealed again.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mr. mxyzptlk should be watching the 3D world channel one day and notice the Superman shows he watches have gotten extremely boring with the no powers, identity exposed supes, so he decides to make a complaint call to the fates and have them change the fabric of the reality they just weaved.

I was just thinking he could easily fix this with a wave of his hand.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkon:

Why? This is a golden opportunity to see something we've never seen before. Or at least I haven't.

Superman/Clark exposed to the whole world. For Kal to remain Superman after he fixes his powers it's easy, but Clark... What to do with Clark? Will Kal bench Clark? Will he still use Clark but ditch the Kent?

Endless possibilities and you already want to get rid of it. Live a little. Explore. Lets see if something good comes from him not needing to split his time between being Superman and being Clark.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on sales. If I had to put a time frame on it two years. I think that the Lois and Clark series will play a role in that.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkon said:

Will he convince people somehow that superman and clark kent are two different people and live a normal life again

I hope not. how can clark go back to a normal life after the way he was treated when everyone found out. even if the world forgets, clark will still remember.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: True, but for me that was too quick and now nearly as quirky :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@z3ro180 said:

I like the idea of truth so hopefully it gets better, also the minute we go back to the status que a whole lot of you will be crying for his secret ID to be revealed again.

I won't I can guarantee you that. I don't know how many people will be demanding to go back to this abominable status quo but I already know a significant portion of the fanbase do want Superman's secret identity to return back to normal, whether it be right now or some time in the future. Truth cannot be maintained for a lengthy duration given what's involved. And for me, the story is not really getting better when everything that makes Superman an interesting character and cultural icon is removed in favour of an aggressive dudebro vigilante who doesn't act like Superman should or even hold the same values that Superman is supposed to.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper said:
    @superkon said:

I hope not. how can clark go back to a normal life after the way he was treated when everyone found out. even if the world forgets, clark will still remember.

Agreed. Even when Kal gets his powers fixed and returns to earn his title, of being Superman, it would be interesting to see if this experience he went through gives him a new prespective on things.

After all, for a long period of time Superman always wanted to know how it was to be human, and in Truth he came very close. Not only that, but he never saw this side of humanity. Which I find it interesting remembering back to the first runs of the Superman related comics. More specifically when he went against Helspont for the first time, one of the things Helspont pointed out was that Superman didn't knew humanity true face. That like him, Superman would one day fall from grace and would see those he defended, stand against him.

It seems Lobdell prophecy came true one way or another. And we're now seeing that for all the good Superman did, the world (people) hasn't really changed at all.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, that ship has sailed.

gothamknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These types of changes usually get retconned so he'll probably get it back one way or another which will make the current story feel worthless unfortunately.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally hope his id and powers stay as they are. If the writers want to try these changes and there's a fan base that likes it why not? It's also adds to the chances that the lois and Clark book becomes a success since that seems to be more of an old school superman for us fans that want that. That ways we can have the best of both worlds.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Never underestimate the power of the human spirit to heal. I am pretty sure that this is all a massive character development point for Superman right as it is. They will give him back the secret identity eventually, it's all a question of how he comes to learn from living without it for a while.

The fundamental reasons as to why Superman had the secret identity in the first place:

1) He wanted to be viewed by people as a peer, not a celebrity, and wanted to feel comfortable with people talking to him. The reality is an overwhelming majority of all human beings will see you as a peer, no matter how hard you try, simply because you are so super.

2) Keep those who knew about him: coworkers, friends, family, etc. unharrassed because of who you are. Heck, in dark secret they even dug up decaying corpses of deceased family (sick b$#%^#$)

3) Just have some time off to think and be on your own.

Superman's going to experience and see the problem with hopefully all of this before he somehow gets the secret identity back. He will recover, and the story will be a good point in showing how he matured to where he became later on.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sanohibiki: couldn't have said it better. Although I am of the opinion that a game with Mr. Mxyzptlk maybe in order to fix the problem. That would be a little comedy in order.

Also leaves the question : If Mxyzptlk turns Lois into a horse or a mannequin, how would he transform Diana as a Joke?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.