WHY WW beats superman?

#1 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder why ppl complains about WW beating supes when every supe powerhouse enemy like doomsday EAT WW like np , plus DC main hero is supes i dunno how in the earth the main icon will lose to WW

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty unanimous here in the vine that Supes would beat WW.... Stronger/faster/more powers....

But let's just give the doubters a chance. I think WW has a chance because (1) she barely holds back as opposed to mr. goody-two-shoes blue boyscout and (2) she is a trained fighter from a warrior race and (3) she is powered magically. Perhaps that's their reasoning?

#3 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

read superman #8 comin out tommorow fr ur answer or u can see the preview theres one line in there that settles it.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateSMfan: Which line is that?

#5 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem that continues to plague most comics is the lack of consistency while Fan-"servicing" (not to be confused with ecchi). My opinion, I think when Wonder Women goes toe to toe with Sup's, he gets jobbered a "little". They make it seem like Superman is going all out while Wonder Women is "barely" holding back (or state it), which gives a lot of fans the notion that if she was going all out she could kill him (which she probably could have in the Maxwell Lord fight) while ignoring the PIS and the PICIS (yes plot induced character induced stupidity). And lets face it, how many people would like a Superman who really beats up Diana?

Many folks, based on "selective analyses" of certain comic events, surmise WW strength, durability & Speed ~= SMs and therefore WW wins because her fighting skills >> Superman's regular brawling style. WW is strong, I have no issues with her or with female characters being able to beat Superman (which I think Maxima would own any day of the week), I just don't think WW was meant to be at his level, close, but just not exactly there.

#6 Posted by Supermansito (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

The problem that continues to plague most comics is the lack of consistency while Fan-"servicing" (not to be confused with ecchi). My opinion, I think when Wonder Women goes toe to toe with Sup's, he gets jobbered a "little". They make it seem like Superman is going all out while Wonder Women is "barely" holding back (or state it), which gives a lot of fans the notion that if she was going all out she could kill him (which she probably could have in the Maxwell Lord fight) while ignoring the PIS and the PICIS (yes plot induced character induced stupidity). And lets face it, how many people would like a Superman who really beats up Diana?

Many folks, based on "selective analyses" of certain comic events, surmise WW strength, durability & Speed ~= SMs and therefore WW wins because her fighting skills >> Superman's regular brawling style. WW is strong, I have no issues with her or with female characters being able to beat Superman (which I think Maxima would own any day of the week), I just don't think WW was meant to be at his level, close, but just not exactly there.

nice answer

#7 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supermansito: Thanks, I tend to give one once a month, if I'm lucky!

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: come on e all know the real reason...the pandas they are whatching.

#9 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Don't piss off the panda's

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.