Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why so skeptical on Zack Snyder??

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flashrobin

Im hearing lots of people say that they fear for the worst now that Zack Snyder and David Goyer are attached to expanding the DCU,because of the bad MOS movie.IMO MoS really wasn't that bad I think its the best Super-man film to date but it just doesn't feel like a Superman movie more or less it feels like just an action movie.

What do you guys think about Zack Snyder and David Goyer?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The storytelling and script had some issues. But most scripts do. It will help to get Affleck in on the project as he's a better director than he is an actor really.

That being said, no one in the film business right now can knows how to shoot a visually appealing movie better than Snyder.

Man of Steel was visually stunning to me. The imagery was powerful.

Even a bad movie like Sucker Punch - mute it and watch. Its awesome.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The storytelling and script had some issues. But most scripts do. It will help to get Affleck in on the project as he's a better director than he is an actor really.

That being said, no one in the film business right now can knows how to shoot a visually appealing movie better than Snyder.

Man of Steel was visually stunning to me. The imagery was powerful.

Even a bad movie like Sucker Punch - mute it and watch. Its awesome.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HumanRocket

I don't have a problem with him. I enjoyed MOS.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flameboy298

Zack Snyder is great with the visuals and I thought Watchmen(I've never read the comics,but I was definitely immersed into the world of Watchmen)was Great! But MoS had some inconsistencies with the script.I thought the movie was good,but lacked that feeling that Avengers had.After I watched Avengers I thought...This was epic!!! The Story was meh...really

Its probably because some people dont want want the same writer and director on Batman vs Super-man knowing that MoS was a mediocore movie,but who knows SOMETIMES sequel's can be better...SOMETIMES.....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I thought MOS was amazing so...I'm glad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Watchmen and MOS are some of the best CBM ever made, and THE most visually stunning CBM ever made. And according to the best comic book movie contest, people have gotten around Man of Steel controversy, and are seeing it as the movie it is.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: You're forgetting The Dark Knight...How can you say "Best CBM" ever made and not mention The Dark Knight >_>

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

becauz e pepols dumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: You're forgetting The Dark Knight...How can you say "Best CBM" ever made and not mention The Dark Knight >_>

I said some of the greatest CBM of all time. Doesn't mean they are the greatest. They're just up there

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm skeptical because I have doubts about him!!!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm fine with him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

I liked MOS and have noticed after multiple viewings that a lot of the complaints about it seem unfounded. People complain that Superman causes a lot of damage, A. He only actually caused about 1% of the damage in that movie, the rest was caused by the villains and as comic fans may have noticed its rather common for villains to not give a s**t about collateral damage and B. He didn't have the option of choosing where he fought since the bad guys kept preventing him from leaving. They complain that he killed Zod, well Zod told him straight up that if he didn't kill him that he was going to kill Superman then everyone else and when it happened imprisoning him really wasn't an option.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of direction and visuals, i had no problem with MOS, and he was one of the people who were instrumental in making the Superman 75th anniversary animated short so i don't have a problem with him ^_^

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im skeptical but if they pulled off a Justice League movie correctly it would be a new bar set. Comic book movies now are getting very bland, expected, and boring.

What I feel people have a problem with is the goal that Man of Steel and movies like Nolan's Batman films were going for...to take a comic book character and put them in a movie that would make it seem like they actually existed in todays world.

No Man of Steel did not completely feel like a Superman movie but I think if they would of done the whole reporter/Daily Planet thing it would of. As far as the action and the destruction, i liked it because the Avengers or any Marvel movie didnt give anything like that, though it might of been a little too much.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s a little funny.

I enjoyed watching MOS very much (and not one time) but I admit there are several scenes I would like to be shot differently.

In the beginning my opinion was like – Snyder can stay as director as long he can’t participate in writing screenplay and WB should get reed of Goyer.

Then Snyder went to consult with Frank Miller how to make Superman – Batman movie and Goyer said that in his opinion in fight between Supes and Bat first would be the winner.

I am confused right now. Just hoping that both characters would get fair treatment.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

IDK why? I loved Watchmen and his ending was better than the comic version. I loved the movie so much its in my top 3 list.

1. Watchmen

2. Man of Steel

3. The Dark Knight.

And so is Man of Steel. I think people just didnt like the destruction and Zod's death. I think the movie set up a sequel perfectly so I think it will be better.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rewatched MoS and it actually gets better with a second viewing, I still have some problems with the movie though. Anyways Watchmen is one of the best CBMs so I have faith in him, its Goyer that I don't trust.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I rewatched MoS and it actually gets better with a second viewing, I still have some problems with the movie though. Anyways Watchmen is one of the best CBMs so I have faith in him, its Goyer that I don't trust.

I've seen it about 9 times >_>...

Trust me its get better with multiple viewings.

Keep an eyeout for all the powerful images. They're all over the place

Clark in a church with a picture of Jesus over his shoulder as he's talking to the priest

Superman falling to his knees in front of Zod with the earth in the back ground...

Superman getting hit with a train

the entire "first flight" sequence

all of those are massive nods / metaphors to Superman lore

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@rustyroy said:

I've seen it about 9 times >_>...

Trust me its get better with multiple viewings.

Keep an eyeout for all the powerful images. They're all over the place

Clark in a church with a picture of Jesus over his shoulder as he's talking to the priest

Superman falling to his knees in front of Zod with the earth in the back ground...

Superman getting hit with a train

the entire "first flight" sequence

all of those are massive nods / metaphors to Superman lore

I wish I had that level of self control to watch it that many times. I only watched it twice because I cant sit in a theater straight for that long. I have to pause the movie and process what I just saw and pace across the room.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@saint_rog_el: I only went to the theater 5 times *cough*

But I love movies. I usually go to a new one every week mostly.

MoS was actually my record for seeing a movie the most times. Previously it was 4 with The Dark Knight :D (in theaters anyway)

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder is a good director (as long as it doesn't get too gimmicky) and with the right scenario he should do OK, but I don't trust him or Goyer to put something decent on paper.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude kinda is a hit or miss...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked MOS and have noticed after multiple viewings that a lot of the complaints about it seem unfounded. People complain that Superman causes a lot of damage, A. He only actually caused about 1% of the damage in that movie, the rest was caused by the villains and as comic fans may have noticed its rather common for villains to not give a s**t about collateral damage and B. He didn't have the option of choosing where he fought since the bad guys kept preventing him from leaving. They complain that he killed Zod, well Zod told him straight up that if he didn't kill him that he was going to kill Superman then everyone else and when it happened imprisoning him really wasn't an option.

I re-watched it today, and most of the damage actually came from the world engine, not the fight scenes. Some people also complain about the civilians not moving, but there was no were to move, a statue was in the way. Before people give bad reviews, they should re-watch the movie first and see if their points are valid.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Zack Snyder is a hit or miss, but I seems to be very passionate about comic books and those characters. And if you can get a fan like him to direct it MOS and its sequel. I also don't understand why people are complaining about MOS's destruction, what about the brutally of the Joker in The Dark Knight?! Weird double standards!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THORSON

because after 1 bad or ok movie people instantly think that person is a bad director.

Humans and comic book movie fans are so closed minded and arrogant.

Personally i really don't care about the director as long as the movie is watchable.

kind of like batman fans, just because that nolan guy did 3 movies they think he is a god.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.