Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why people belive Mr.majestic was far stronger than superman

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#51 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@powerwoman: and the cycle begins again. you're saying nothing new despite your argument not having a leg to stand on. and you still haven't responded to any of my fairly straight forward points and requests.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@buckshot: I understand the focus on plot lines and story arcs and art and even the general stuff about their powers I just don't see why power level is treated like its a measure of quality. Its like people are like this character is awesome because he can blow up the moon or this guy sucks cause he's just a regular dude that shoots arrows. Many people on this thread are taking the OP saying they think Majestic being somewhat weaker than Superman is the same as saying he sucks but by that logic that would mean a good 60% of all comic characters would suck because Superman is more powerful than them.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@buckshot: Nope,your not responded my point

he say he moved nine planets,but here he say he just moved most of them,statement is completely contradictory,he never show us he moved planet,just a moon,that not my point,This is a simple fact in the panel,your not responded this

he also never moved Jupiter,scan majestic moved Jupiter please,even I pretend I don't see it.he just moved four planets,just all

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@buckshot: I understand the focus on plot lines and story arcs and art and even the general stuff about their powers I just don't see why power level is treated like its a measure of quality. Its like people are like this character is awesome because he can blow up the moon or this guy sucks cause he's just a regular dude that shoots arrows. Many people on this thread are taking the OP saying they think Majestic being somewhat weaker than Superman is the same as saying he sucks but by that logic that would mean a good 60% of all comic characters would suck because Superman is more powerful than them.

You should talk to the people that hold that kind of opinion then. I actually don't see that in this thread other than in the case of powerwoman and toptom (which certainly isn't many people), and even with them I feel it's more like they don't like Majestic so they (attempt to) find ways to make him look bad, and one of those is by power level. It's not that they don't like him because they consider him weak, but that they consider him weak because they don't like him. Most people I know on the battle forum like the characters they like even though there are more powerful characters. When there are close fights they may occasionally talk about their favorites as being better, but that's just because they want their character to win a fight, because c'mon, everyone likes to see their favorite do well, not because them losing actually devalues them. I simply don't see the connection between character quality and power level that you're seeing in the posts of "many people" and I don't hold that opinion myself.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@powerwoman said:

he say he moved nine planets,but here he say he just moved most of them,statement is completely contradictory,he never show us he moved planet,just a moon,that not my point,This is a simple fact in the panel,your not responded this

he also never moved Jupiter,scan majestic moved Jupiter please,even I pretend I don't see it.he just moved four planets,just all

Quiz time, for all the points.

If you eat all 8 slices of a pizza, have you eaten most of the slices? Yes or no.

Is back matter indisputable canon? Yes or no.

Did Majestic lift Jupiter in the back matter of issue 1? Yes or no.

What is a retcon? Define.

Where did I say that Majestic was silver age superman level? Provide a quote and link.

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Yes or no.

Have you ever killed a coyote in the middle of the night in the middle of a party? Yes or no.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

@powerwoman said:

If you eat all 8 slices of a pizza, have you eaten most of the slices? Yes or no.

Where did I say that Majestic was silver age superman level? Provide a quote and link.

Have you ever killed a coyote in the middle of the night in the middle of a party? Yes or no.

I don't know what to tell you

the scan clear tell us,once he say he moved nine planets,once he says he moved most of them

he never show us he moved Jupiter,even a planet,he just moved a moon,I'm not majestic hater,but that just a simple fact in the panel,I dont see where is planet,sorry

and in the scan,he moved four planets need over years done it,scan clear tell us, nothing to argue there really.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@sc said:

Well I use to believe Superman was far stronger than Majestic but as someone who values reasoning, honesty and knowledge demonstration I can now see based on the arguments and reasoning presenting in this thread that Majestic is by far much much stronger. Now I wonder how misguided I could have been before in my daze of ignorance. Still I still like Superman more, its not as if me being a Superman fanboy will cloud my judgement and reasoning skills ever, because it would be a sad sad day for all the people I care about if I did. Irrationality and bias is what leads to baby goats running into walls.

Well said.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot said:

@powerwoman said:

the scan clear tell us,once he say he moved nine planets,once he says he moved most of them

he never show us he moved Jupiter,even a planet,he just moved a moon,I'm not majestic hater,but that just a simple fact in the panel,I dont see where is planet,sorry

and in the scan,he moved four planets need over years done it,scan clear tell us, nothing to argue there really.

mr mj has not moved jupiter as that scan says. in MJ#1 is shown very clearly all the interactions he has had with the planets he has moved,all the precautions he has took ,all the tech he has used. there were shown also his interaction with jupiter..and he hasn't moved it : he has changed his chemical composition (this doesn't mean he has made him solid though) and he has put the earth into its orbit.

by the way it is just strange that his greates feat of strenght wasn't showed.

the panel that says the he has moved 9 planets is talking about the 9 planets he has actually moved: the earth,mercury, (mars probably ?),a comet, and mostly moons

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PowerWoman

@toptom said:

@powerwoman said:

@buckshot said:

@powerwoman said:

mr mj has not moved jupiter as that scan says. in MJ#1 is shown very clearly all the interactions he has had with the planets he has moved,all the precautions he has took ,all the tech he has used. there were shown also his interaction with jupiter..and he hasn't moved it : he has changed his chemical composition (this doesn't mean he has made him solid though) and he has put the earth into its orbit.

the panel that says the he has moved 9 planets is talking about the 9 planets he has actually moved: the earth,mercury, (mars probably ?),a comet, and mostly moons

agree.the majestic feats isnt Impressive,I dont care why he need over years to moved four planets,just look like not impressive,if I'm take over years to move a heavy thing,is that mean i can move this thing?really,I NEED OVER YEARS moved it!!!

Impressive?no

even let us make believe he can move earth,there no way can prove he moved jupiter,he say he moved nine planets and also say just most of them,statement is mentally retarded,also,we never see majestic really move a planet in the scan,he just move only a poor moon,

eh,impressive?no

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: however,the majestic power level should be equal to PC mon-el(Technically,a Daxamites would be equal to a Kryptonians,even in the Silver age,but sadly,in the silver age,any daxamites feats isnt impressive,unless story need he can equal to SA superman,he no feats can prove he really match a sa kryptonians,he best feats just move a moon with PC Ultra-boy HELP)

scan:

No Caption Provided

move a moon:

No Caption Provided

just it,PC PC Ultra-boy and PC mon-el never can match PC superman/PC supergirl feats,they are can equal to PC superman just because stroy need,in the silver age,DC creater a lot of shit charaters can match superman,i hate this

both best feats was move planet/moon without other being help,but i belive superboy-prime>majestic,the superman-prime even can take a big bang, even superboy-prime once take a galaxy buster

majestic must be dies

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@toptom said:

You assume what you saw in issue one is everything he did, but it doesn't say that anywhere. He doesn't say "these are the only things I did". You saying issue one showed everything has no support other than your assumption. Me saying he did other things has the support of the actual comic. Issue 5 says he did more than we saw, what supports your view?

It might be strange that we didn't see his "greatest feat of strength" but that assumes showing off strength was the most important thing, when maybe it wasn't. Majestic closes the issue talking about how "intelligence is the great cosmic leveler". Majestic moved a bunch of planets, but the story was never just about how strong Majestic is. His intelligence all throughout the process seemed to be just as, if not far more, important. In that context, not seeing a feat of strength is far less strange. Even something the comic puts importance on (through Majestic's comments, if nothing else), moving the Earth, we don't actually see. It's a far greater feat because it requires Majestic to safeguard all the lives on Earth, the entire purpose behind moving the rest of the solar system, and to do it in secret. The thing he's trying to save for the entire issue gets protected in a feat we never see. Compared to that, not seeing Jupiter moved isn't that strange. Even if strength were the most important thing, Majestic also moved a sun, and though we don't know the mass of that sun relative to Jupiter, it could have been a greater strength feat, so we actually could have seen his greatest strength feat. And even forgetting ALL of that, it could simply be that they added in that he moved all 9 planets later. If it was indeed a retcon, it's still valid. The comic says Majestic moved the 9 planets, so he did.

And if you'd like to pretend that when it says "successfully moving the nine planets" that's not referring to the planets of our solar system but instead, comets and moons, that's entirely your choice. A wrong choice, certainly, but yours to make.

I dont care why he need over years to moved four planets,just look like not impressive,if I'm take over years to move a heavy thing,is that mean i can move this thing?really,I NEED OVER YEARS moved it!!!

Until you provide some support for it, there's no evidence to suggest it took him years for the actual moving of the planets. The entire process took years, but its clearly explained what he did in those years. The comic explicitly states that he spent years not moving planets, but planning and preparing in other ways. It's like someone moving out of a house. The whole thing may take many hours, but that's very different from it taking hours to move just one piece of furniture. But you know this and are just trolling, so what's the point?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.