Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why people are wrong about Goku being stronger than Superman

• 50 results
    Gokufan4250697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No, okay, he isn't, this should end ALL of the debates against this. I love dbz, more than DC, but this isn't even a battle for Superman, who ever started this is dumb, here are some feats, using Pre crisis against Super Saiyan God.

• Super Strength: Superman's strength was increased to the point where he could move entire planets.
    • Flight: The character gained the power of true flight.
    • Super Speed: Superman's speed increased to the point where he could travel faster than light. Several stories depict him traversing great distances through space to other solar systems and distant galaxies and even other universes. He could cross our own solar system in minutes. He could also use this power to travel through time, as shown in his boyhood visits to the 30th century as a member of the Legion of Superheroes. Superman can also swim at speeds approaching Aquaman's speed as well as run at speeds similar to that of the Flash. Superman is unable to beat Flash in a race.
    • Invulnerability: By the 1970s, Superman became able to withstand an atomic explosion and even fly through the core of a star. He was also immune to non-Kryptonian diseases and all radiation except for that of a red sun or Kryptonite.
    • Vision: In addition to X-ray vision and heat vision, Superman was also given telescopic and microscopic vision. The character could see across interstellar distances and observe events that occurred on a microscopic and even atomic level. He could also see across the full electromagnetic spectrum, including infra-red and ultraviolet light.
    • Hearing: Superman could hear sound at almost any wavelength and at great distances.
    • Super Breath: Superman's breath was capable of freezing objects and generating hurricane-force winds. He could also hold his breath indefinitely, allowing him to travel underwater or in space without breathing apparatus.
    • Mental Powers: Superman possessed genius-level intelligence and an eidetic memory. These enhanced mental capabilities were a direct result of his exposure to a yellow sun, as evidenced by the depiction of Superman's dog, Krypto. While under a yellow sun, Krypto's intelligence was boosted to that of a typical human. Superman also possessed the mental ability to screen out the enormous amount of information received by his enhanced senses, and to focus on a single detail, such as a particular voice or location. As well, his speed reading abilities were much like that of the Flash. He was able to absorb large amounts of information quickly; whether it entered his short term or long term memory is hazy.
    • Super Ventriloquism: Superman could throw his voice across great distances. This power was used to confuse enemies or protect his secret identity by tricking others into believing that he (or Clark Kent) was in a different location.
    • Super Hypnotism: This power enabled Superman to hypnotize anyone. He could make people forget incidents or obey his commands. This power was often used to safeguard his identity.
    • Stamina: Superman could survive indefinitely without food, water, or rest due to the yellow sun's radiation sustaining him.
    • Healing factor: Superman could regenerate physical damage to his body at an accelerated rate. He was able to regenerate when Wonder Woman slit his throat with her tiara in Wonder Woman #219. In the seriesBatman: The Dark Knight Returns, Superman regenerates his body after being reduced to near a skeleton by a special nuke that was designed to blot out sun light and disrupt energy. Superman's healing rate has been inconsistently portrayed, however. In the first issue of the "Superman/Batman" comic, Alfred is able to remove a Kryptonite bullet from Superman's body without fear of the wound closing (probably because the Kryptonite was affecting his ability to heal).

Now, before you say Bills is a galaxy buster, he isn't, he is a solar system buster, I know I know, SPC was too, but if we are going to use Bills at 100% being a S.S buster, then SPC probably would've destroyed the sun, and the chain reaction would've caused a Solar System explosion, so Bills is a S.S buster when mad and at 100%, which means Goku Ssj God can only come close to that level. Ssj God Goku NEVER sneezed a solar system away, he NEVER lifted a planet, now I'm not going to deny him not being able to hypnotise people because master roshi did it quite some time back, but my point is, Goku can't stand up to Superman, and I would never use Prime One Million.

Gokufan4250697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW, this isn't a question, SORRY!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, okay, he isn't, this should end ALL of the debates against this.

Let me stop you right there. While that was a comprehensive write up, and I genuinely appreciate the time you put together to try and stop the tides, especailly as a DBZ fan yourself, it won't solve anything. Fans will be fans, overly obsessive fanboys/girls will be overly obsessive fanboys/girls. They'll come up with complicated and seemingly legitimate arguments and math detailing why their character of choice will win, and nothing anyone can say or do will convince them otherwise.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God,stop,you dont know fanboys how powerful

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not this shit again....

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What a classy response.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I fucking hate you all, go to hell, I hope your skin rots in hell, BASTARDS!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By SaintWildcard

@farkam said:

What a classy response.

Rookies... am I right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Im a little late on this one but...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma said:

Not this shit again....

It's been popping up a lot more recently and it gets more annoying every time. I wish CV would ban Goku/Superman discussions at this point.....

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Gokus striking strength is better not lifting.

Avatar image for your_friendly_azn
    Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Too many of these superman vs goku threads on the cv. We had a good thing going for a few weeks.

TheComicPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to say but Goku would absolutly curbstomp, destroy, demolish and kill superman before superman realised he was in a fight. Pre-crisis is debateable

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@gokufan4250697: please don't believe Comic Vine is not nice but people here really hate goku/superman threads, sorry about the people annoying you, swearing is not allowed on the vine sorry about everything.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Batman wins.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this was insightful and productive!

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me: lols because people even use PreCrisis Supes in any battle. "Neva Hurd bout supeses Supa-DefeatAnyOpponent-Power?"

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like DBZ but my thing is DC Comics, with Marvel Comics as runner up. While Superman's strength seems infinite and Goku's is definitely finite, Goku definitely has the greater fighting ability. Goku also has a way of becoming immensely stronger whenever necessary while Superman rarely cuts loose. Superman's powers such as microscopic and telescopic vision are pretty much useless in a fight. And Superman does take a beating when fighting other super-strong characters such as Mongul, Darkseid, Despero, etc. Goku, on the other hand has surpassed Frieza, the strongest fighter in the universe. Goku doesn't have Superman's level of invulnerability, but can shrug off most attacks from weaker opponents. I simply believe that not just Goku, but all powered DBZ characters, even weaker ones like Krillin are just in a whole other league than Superman, who falls into the same category of other regular DC Comics heroes and villains (by regular I mean not a supremely powerful cosmic character such as Synnar the Demiurge or the Guardians of the Universe, or a similarly supremely powerful mystic character such as the Spectre or Eclipso.) These DBZ characters have their own criteria. This basis that DBZ characters outweigh regular DC or Marvel characters is what I choose to believe. I recognize that no one will ever convince everyone else one way or the other as to whether Superman or Goku is stronger, better, etc than the other and the debate will always continue. That's okay. We will never see an actual fight between these two characters happen. And even if it did, there would simply be no accurate way for writers to depict a fight between these two icons because their universes are just too different. They'd have to have one of them journey to another's universe and something akin to the Scarlet Witch becoming uber-powerful in the DCU in JLA/Avengers would happen. On a similar note, apparently there was once a comic where Wolverine defeated Lobo. I just don't see this realistically happening. I don't believe Logan's healing factor is on par with Lobo's, and Logan lacks the last Czarnian's super-strength. True Wolvie's got adamantium claws that can probably cut through Lobo's chain, but I don't see this fight as one that would be very winnable by either party and certainly don't think it if was won, it would go to Logan. I understand that this was one of the fights whose results were determined by fan polls. We all know Wolverine and now Deadpool have boatloads of fans. That is what I attribute that 'win' to. I myself never cared too much for Wolverine or Deadpool, or Cyclops for that matter. Not that I'm too fond of Lobo either, but I do like that DC cosmic stuff.

CHE_GUEVARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku would thrash supes , and no doubt about that.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

your username is gokufan I'm sure there isn't any biased opinions in your post.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Batman is stronger. He trained to perfection.

lol

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People think Goku is more powerful because he is, when compared with the animated superman and movie superman. In other words the "Superman" mainstream audiences are familiar with.

Another reason people assume Dragon Ball characters are many times more powerful then comic book characters is because of assumptions made by fans. For example, before coming to earth for the first time Vegeta’s power level was of 18,000 and he was shown casually destroy a planet. Goku’s level when he first turned into a super saiyan was of 150,000,000. Because of this people assume Goku. should be able to destroy 8333,33 planets, since that’s how many times more powerful Goku was compared to Vegeta. The problem is that this kind of fire power was never shown.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano: It's not assumptions,this is DBZ's logic,Cell is much more powerful than first time Vegeta’s power level,who can destroy planet without effort,and SSJ4 is much more powerful than Cell,etc

Some European people cannot accept the DBZ logic is actually strange, in our Asia, power level is usually the most normal things, you will never see a street level charater beat a high power level charater(like wonder woman get ko by normal man)

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't really want to debate but i will if i have to.

Using current versions, goku should stomp pretty hard.

TheComicPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheComicPro

@kilowog52: you know what you are talking about and are not a fanboy

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By w0nd

@powerwoman said:

@stefano: It's not assumptions,this is DBZ's logic,Cell is much more powerful than first time Vegeta’s power level,who can destroy planet without effort,and SSJ4 is much more powerful than Cell,etc

Some European people cannot accept the DBZ logic is actually strange, in our Asia, power level is usually the most normal things, you will never see a street level charater beat a high power level charater(like wonder woman get ko by normal man)

yeah but that power level example (in the show at least) means if you have a higher power level you beat everyone else by default not matter what. And that's what bugged me. Trunks and Goten were going to fuse and to help out goku and goku informed them that wouldn't help at all. In my mind ANY help is good. All of them rushing into battle at the same time no matter how small? Nope doesn't mean sh*t in that show. You can't rip his head off break his neck blast him anything, if you are a power level 5 and he's 10 you're done game over.

ss3 Adult Gotenks + ss4 Goku you would think would be better, but nope not at all.

on a side note people don't seem to realize goku isn't as invulnerable as people think he is. Vegeta tried to impale ss2 goku on a stalactite, you try to impale superman with a rock it would break. Goku can be punctured by needles and sharp objects when he isn't ready for them, when he is he can simply just deflect them I assume, like Trunk's sword.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By z3ro180

@mitran: Pfft Batman has nouthing on Bugs Bunny wielded of the toon force

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: Prep does not exists within the toon force when you have it you are one with the toons bug bunny is its only weirder.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: You are right,goku isnt invulnerable,but people think he was powerful is because goku can destroy universe with one blow

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: i didnt understand. do you agree with dragon ball z logic?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: You are right,goku isnt invulnerable,but people think he was powerful is because goku can destroy universe with one blow

he has a lot of output, but i am just curious if someone stabbed him in the gut with a sword would he bleed out and die? or would it break against him?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PowerWoman

@stefano: Why not?this is DBZ basic logic,everyone agree it,only some Europe people isnt agree it,also,DBZ isnt has PIS,for us,When I first understand what is PIS, I couldn't accept it,how can a powerful being get ko by street charater?but if this is DC/marvel basic logic,i would be agree it

@w0nd said:

@powerwoman said:

he has a lot of output, but i am just curious if someone stabbed him in the gut with a sword would he bleed out and die? or would it break against him?

I think same question like wonder woman,could be move planets but she isnt invulnerable

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

@stefano: Why not?this is DBZ basic logic,everyone agree it,only some Europe people isnt agree it,also,DBZ isnt has PIS,for us,When I first understand what is PIS, I couldn't accept it,how can a powerful being get ko by street charater?but if this is DC/marvel basic logic,i would be agree it

@w0nd said:

@powerwoman said:

I think same question like wonder woman,could be move planets but she isnt invulnerable

Actually Goku was shot in the head as child and blocked a sword with his finger. So he is invulnerable to a degree, for example he was seen running away from bullets but for comedic effect.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma: thats why i mentioned the sword thing because I know he has some invulnerability, but then krillin throws are rock at him and it hurts...Gohan tells goten to throw rocks at him and those hurt, he can feel the heat of lava and it hurts him not deathly but it hurt him, the needles thing, chopsticks took out the other fighters, even though if you tried any of that on superman they would shatter against him. just depends on the episode or issue of dbz i guess

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: DBZ's charater is not invulnerable,so,that not low show or something..

DBZ's main ability is "PI"not strength or speed(like goku only can lift 40 tons,even she hulk is much stronger than him)

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Goku has more powerfull Martial Art better then Superman.And Goku has kamehameha that can blow up Superman.

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Goku is still much cooler

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.