Why Man of Steel is the perfect DCCU bridge

#1 Edited by Darksider555 (497 posts) - - Show Bio

With Man of Steel coming soon to cinemas and what seems like overwhelming support for Zach Snyder, I am here to disscus why i think Man of Steel could be the perfect jumping point for a JLA movie and DC Cinematic Universe.

1) IT S SUPERMAN , GODDAMMIT!!!

Superman is one, if not the worlds most well know superhero. With a right strategy and plan for the future of the DCCU many fans that will love Man of Steel would be interested to see what is going on next

2) AFTERMATH OF THE KRYPTONIAN INVASION

Seting the stage for other heroes introductions, I came up with an idea. While Superman appers to fight the rogue Kryptonians, other heroes are having thier origin stories.For instance

Wonder Woman is on Themiscrya, embracing her destiny as Mans world saviour

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan or John Stewart) are on Oa and space fighting Manhunters or etc...

Aquaman is still in Atlantis.

And Batman is observing the Kryptonian invasion, Knowing he is powerless to fight such beings.

The only hero i would introduce post-Kryptonian invasion is Flash because if he had gained his power he would have immediatly help which would be a plot hole.

3) IT WORKS BOTH WAYS

While some of you think that having a JLA movie could ruin the pace of the DCCU, I disagree. The only movie needed for a JLA movie to make sense is a Wonder Woman movie. It explain her origin and role in mans world. Post credits scene would include Batman at his batcomputer analysing these metahumans, setting the stage for the JLA movie.

4) TEASE,TEASE,TEASE!!!

As I mentioned,post credits scenes are my way of teasing other movies and plot progressionsMy post credits scenes would be something like this:

Man Of Steel: None, judging by what Zach Snyder is saying but i would include a shot of Superman flying past Themiscrya or Diana looking at the WW armor

Wonder Woman: Batman looking at his Batcomputer analysing metahuman activity and sightings. He is interested in a mysterious green light...

Green Lantern: Ties with the JLA movie: GL sumoned by the Guardians to disscus a Cosmic threat that is heading for Earth (Braniac) ,If not then a simple shot of yellow energy glowing from the central power battery.

Flash: Barry inviting his friend Hal for a game night, during which they reveal their secret identitys to each other.

And those are my opinios. Please share your opinions by commenting :)

#2 Posted by HeWhoSees (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually really thing something involving inter-gang that SLOWLY (keyword: SLOWLY) introduced the New Gods and made Kalibak an adaptational badass.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (7649 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a DCCU

#4 Posted by Black_Claw (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

I think brainiac should appear in a 3rd MOS film. Then again, Loki was both in Thor and the Avengers so I guess Brainiac would work in Justice League.

#5 Posted by Darksider555 (497 posts) - - Show Bio

I think brainiac should appear in a 3rd MOS film. Then again, Loki was both in Thor and the Avengers so I guess Brainiac would work in Justice League.

well yes, that is how it happened in the MCU but brainiac is a world class threat. The bot takes knowledge and destroyes planets. That is genius evil right there although he lacks creativity to use it.

#6 Posted by Dernman (17135 posts) - - Show Bio

And Batman is observing the Kryptonian invasion, Knowing he is powerless to fight such beings.

heh heh Them be fighting words for Batboys. *sits back and watches the show.* :p

#7 Posted by Lvenger (23135 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@darksider555 said:

heh heh Them be fighting words for Batboys. *sits back and watches the show.* :p

#8 Edited by Darksider555 (497 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@dernman said:

@darksider555 said:

ironically I am a Batboy myself... But even I know that Batman wouldnt fight Kryptonians with out a plan... which comes to the JLA movie...

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (6770 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dernman said:

@darksider555 said:

ironically I am a Batboy myself... But even I know that Batman wouldnt fight Kryptonians with out a plan... which comes to the JLA movie...

Seconded

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.