Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why is KC Superman so loved?

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Superman from Kingdom Come, why is he so loved? He has a-lot of fans.

I like him because he was badass, no shit type of personality.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GunGunW

I prefer the standard post-crisis version.... but he's mostly loved because I think he shows the emotional vulnerability of Superman, and that he's the last flicker of light in a completely darkened world. He's also supposedly more powerful than the standard post-crisis.... although, I didn't see him do anything particularly powerful that the standard version hasn't done.

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Jekylhyde14

He has this iconic weight to him much like the Golden Age version of Superman. You can believe that people would want to follow him into hell. He was also pretty tough and uncompromising. He knew he was fighting a war of ideals and what he needed to do to try and win it. I personally like the fact that he was struggling for a coexistence between meta-humans and regular people. He needed to believe that people as extraordinary as him had a place in this world. Honestly, Kingdom Come is my best memory of Superman from the '90's. It was his highlight during my childhood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW said:

I prefer the standard post-crisis version.... but he's mostly loved because I think he shows the emotional vulnerability of Superman, and that he's the last flicker of light in a completely darkened world. He's also supposedly more powerful than the standard post-crisis.... although, I didn't see him do anything particularly powerful that the standard version hasn't done.

....He tanked Hercules's hit while Post-Crisis Superman went flying, he's also older and has therefore absorbed more radiation.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By 0n1zuka

@comicdude23: He probably should be stronger considering he's had more time under the Sun, but he doesn't really have the feats to support it. That being said, while KC is one of my favorite comic stories, I like older Clark about as much as the regular one.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunGunW

@comicdude23: Yeah, but all that means is that if Superman DID absorb more yellow energy in his standard incarnation, he'd be as strong. Besides, it's not like Hercules is stronger than Superman even in the standard version.... and I may be mistaken, but I feel like Hercules is magic based? I don't know about that though, but anyway I still think he should have built up SOME immunity to magic in his older age considering he was completely immune to kryptonite at this point.... it should have been the other way around imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW said:

@comicdude23: Yeah, but all that means is that if Superman DID absorb more yellow energy in his standard incarnation, he'd be as strong. Besides, it's not like Hercules is stronger than Superman even in the standard version.... and I may be mistaken, but I feel like Hercules is magic based? I don't know about that though, but anyway I still think he should have built up SOME immunity to magic in his older age considering he was completely immune to kryptonite at this point.... it should have been the other way around imo.

Hercules doesn't punch with magic he punches with his strength. He did build it up, but it was clearly shown that he was far stronger. The punch didn't even phase him.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GunGunW

@comicdude23: Just to clarify, are you saying it proved KC Superman is stronger than regular Superman? Or are you saying it proves Hercules is stronger than Superman?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW said:

@comicdude23: Just to clarify, are you saying it proved KC Superman is stronger than regular Superman? Or are you saying it proves Hercules is stronger than Superman?

No. It proved KC Superman stronger.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

He's essentially the same character. I think more people loved the setting and story rather than this incarnation of the character.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

He's cool, but he's still the same character...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: I know this is off topic, but do you think he could stomp Supergirl?, anyways, he isn't the same. He was going to kill innocent people at the end of Kingdom Come, he was more bitter and darker.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: Supergirl? As in Pre-52 Supergirl? Considering that he over a decade to absorb solar radiation, he outgrew many of his weaknesses such as Kryptonite and he became far stronger and they even stated in Thy Kingdom Come that he was a fast as Wally.

So yes, he wouldn't have much of a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@comicdude23: Supergirl? As in Pre-52 Supergirl? Considering that he over a decade to absorb solar radiation, he outgrew many of his weaknesses such as Kryptonite and he became far stronger and they even stated in Thy Kingdom Come that he was a fast as Wally.

So yes, he wouldn't have much of a problem.

Pre-52 or New-52. I think he could easily do it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: Without a doubt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: He could also beat the New-52 Superman.

But wait, this whole 52 thing. Is it a prequel or a reboot?

Is pre-52 Superman the same Superman as the new 52-Superman?

Is Infinite Crisis still canon?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23 said:

@Deranged Midget: He could also beat the New-52 Superman.

Yes

But wait, this whole 52 thing. Is it a prequel or a reboot?

Reboot.

Is pre-52 Superman the same Superman as the new 52-Superman?

He resembles his Golden Age counterpart in Action Comics more while the Superman shown in Justice League and Superman is for the most part, exactly the same as Pre-52 but younger and weaker.

Is Infinite Crisis still canon?

Not sure, doubtful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: Ah, so he is the same Superman. That means alot of his stories aren't even canon anymore, I thought all this 52 stuff would come before the stories we've seen.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: No, the New 52 essentially rebooted the entire DCU and combined it with Wildstorm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@comicdude23: No, the New 52 essentially rebooted the entire DCU and combined it with Wildstorm.

So what happened to the Pre-52 Superman??? Did they merge? Or was it retcon? Sorry for being so curious btw.

I'm better with the Pre-Crisis stuff IMO.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: Have you read Flashpoint? Basically the past universe is erased. The only person who possibly still remembers is Barry Allen as he was the one responsible. Pre-52 Superman is now 52 Superman. Some characters have remained exactly the same while others have been completely revamped.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget said:

@comicdude23: Have you read Flashpoint? Basically the past universe is erased. The only person who possibly still remembers is Barry Allen as he was the one responsible. Pre-52 Superman is now 52 Superman. Some characters have remained exactly the same while others have been completely revamped.

No. I didn't read it. You say Pre-52 is now New-52 Superman, that's what I said before.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23: Essentially, the Pre-52 universe has been erased, so yes, they are one and the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.