why does everyone think superman is a dick

#1 Posted by moneyshotz (141 posts) - - Show Bio

is it cause he does what he thinks is best takes no ones advice an he is always right in his eyes.

#2 Posted by sirderpity (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I would consider that pretty accurate he's okay but if you're the most powerful power person people will always having those kinds of feelings

#3 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt that everyone thinks so. I doubt that even the majority think so.

#4 Edited by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually wish superman would be more of a d*ck.

I mean, it's more fun to read this...

...than this...

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

I doubt that everyone thinks so. I doubt that even the majority think so.

I would hope no one thinks so, but sadly that isn't so apparently.

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

People who say things like that most likely have never read a superman comic, and are just trying to come up with stupid reasons to hate superman. because superman is the opposite of that. Superman is willing to ask for advice he just did it recently in action comics 11. Superman doesnt always think he is right, he is willing to change. Superman isnt a "dick".

#7 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I doubt that everyone thinks so. I doubt that even the majority think so.

I would hope no one thinks so, but sadly that isn't so apparently.

I know some do, but I would wager it's not the majority.

#8 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Well..

In Red Hood and the Outlaws #14 he does act like a total dick.

In fact a lot of the issue is the whole team commenting what a dick he is.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodnet: That's New 52 Superman though, Real Superman was actually a pretty nice guy once the Silver age was over

#10 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand what you are saying. But N52 is the new reality. Ans he acts like a cocky dick.

#11 Posted by Squalleon (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodnet said:

I understand what you are saying. But N52 is the new reality. Ans he acts like a cocky dick.

Well he is younger more lively and lets be truthfull when you can lift a planet,fighting with a lunatic in a red mask isn't much of a challenge :-P

#12 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17123 posts) - - Show Bio

NOO 52

#13 Posted by Superbat420 (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always read superman, and he is a dick. It's just because he thinks he's 100% right. When usually batman is. Perfect example justice league tv show, episode new gods or whatever when brainiac and darkseid set him up. That's a perfect example of how he's a dick and usually nieve and wrong

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (4745 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodnet said:

Well..

In Red Hood and the Outlaws #14 he does act like a total dick.

In fact a lot of the issue is the whole team commenting what a dick he is.

That's just bad writing.

#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmashBrawler said:

@redhoodnet said:

Well..

In Red Hood and the Outlaws #14 he does act like a total dick.

In fact a lot of the issue is the whole team commenting what a dick he is.

That's just bad writing.

And everyone on that team are a-holes.
#16 Edited by ComicStooge (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superbat420 said:

I've always read superman, and he is a dick. It's just because he thinks he's 100% right. When usually batman is. Perfect example justice league tv show, episode new gods or whatever when brainiac and darkseid set him up. That's a perfect example of how he's a dick and usually nieve and wrong

He's a dick because he's not right all the time? Brilliant logic, dude.

Online
#17 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't consider him a d!ck but than again he is my favorite character in comics so I might be biased

#18 Posted by Vaeternus (8327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

People who say things like that most likely have never read a superman comic, and are just trying to come up with stupid reasons to hate superman. because superman is the opposite of that. Superman is willing to ask for advice he just did it recently in action comics 11. Superman doesnt always think he is right, he is willing to change. Superman isnt a "dick".

I agree, plus usually he's willing to do things like sacrifice himself before other heroes from DC and Marvel would...very few can match Clark not just in term of power but more importantly in term of morals and ethical code.

#19 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Saying Superman is a dick is usually a cue that you don't read comics or are indeed a dick yourself.

#20 Edited by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superbat420 said:

I've always read superman, and he is a dick. It's just because he thinks he's 100% right. When usually batman is. Perfect example justice league tv show, episode new gods or whatever when brainiac and darkseid set him up. That's a perfect example of how he's a dick and usually nieve and wrong

If ever there was a character who was a dick to people it's batman. x]

#21 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it was an internet joke based on old comic book covers.

superdickery.com

#22 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superbat420 said:

I've always read superman, and he is a dick. It's just because he thinks he's 100% right. When usually batman is. Perfect example justice league tv show, episode new gods or whatever when brainiac and darkseid set him up. That's a perfect example of how he's a dick and usually nieve and wrong

No he doesnt. Quit making things up. Batman is the one who thinks he's always right, the whole court of owls storyline was about showing how arrogant batman has become and showing him that he doesnt know as much as he thinks he does

#23 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread again?

Really?

#24 Posted by CODYSF (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the heck are these people who thinks that Superman is a d*ck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.