why do so many people like to pick on SUPERMAN?

• 89 results
#1 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

i LOVE SUPERMAN

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're jealous?

#3 Posted by ghostsuck (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I love superman Because dbz fanboys hate him for no reason

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3503 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this thread way too often. You like the character, other people don't. Please let us get on with out lives.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they know he won't fight back. Partially because he's too much of a goodie goodie. Partially because he's a fictional character.

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON: how many of these threads are u going to make?

#7 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

I see this thread way too often. You like the character, other people don't. Please let us get on with out lives.

This, Im pretty tired of these kinds of threads

#8 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Real question is: Why do many people suck his D***?

#9 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's because he's always been a nice guy, and they don't think he fits the "darkening" that's been going on. (They've beaten "darkening" it to death, even if it still works)

I still think he's cool, though.

#10 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of reasons:

1. People think he's overpowered and overly boyscout-esque. People who don't want to relate to really powerful goody-two-shoes... Unfortunately, they relate to being a multi-billionaire playboy or being a superhuman WW2 war hero out-of-time. Go figure.

2. People think he's underpowered. People who think he's too weak to fight the likes of Goku. But then Supes wins the Deathbattle and then they go apesh*t crazy that he's not supposed to be that strong. Good luck finding logic in that.

3. People who think he's uncool and outdated. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Supes transcends coolness. Funky/Disco was cool. New Wave was cool. Cool gets outdated more than anything. You know what's not cool? The Lord of the Rings. Beethoven. Wagner. Those stuff... They're epic. So obviously, people who don't like him cause he's not cool love getting dated oer time and hate epic things.

4. It's their goddamn preference!!!!!! He's not just their cup of tea.

#11 Posted by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

1. People think he's overpowered and overly boyscout-esque. People who don't want to relate to really powerful goody-two-shoes... Unfortunately, they relate to being a multi-billionaire playboy or being a superhuman WW2 war hero out-of-time. Go figure.

2. People think he's underpowered. People who think he's too weak to fight the likes of Goku. But then Supes wins the Deathbattle and then they go apesh*t crazy that he's not supposed to be that strong. Good luck finding logic in that.

3. People who think he's uncool and outdated. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Supes transcends coolness. Funky/Disco was cool. New Wave was cool. Cool gets outdated more than anything. You know what's not cool? The Lord of the Rings. Beethoven. Wagner. Those stuff... They're epic. So obviously, people who don't like him cause he's not cool love getting dated oer time and hate epic things.

LOL! absolutely this!

#12 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is infallible.

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

Not another one of this again................*sigh*

Anyway.

Superman is picked because no one has ever read one of his comics.The current comic indrustry is gathering readers from the movies.What i mean is that,people learn the characters through films and......guess......Supermans movies sucked!

#14 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

just because you seen it, doesn't mean i seen it.

#15 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

First time I've commented, people pick on him because it's the age old thing of stupid people not actually reading about him they think he's too powerful and that he can't be beaten. These same people in the same breath will say another character if it's a DBZ character or a Marvel character is awesome and unbeatable yet don't say these characters are over powered because by there logic they like them so they can't be beaten.

Really it's just people being idiots, but those who do read Superman and simply say he's not my type of hero but I won't hate on him is ok for me. But it's n00bs that spoil it for everyone saying for example Thor/Goku is more powerful than Superman and Thor/Goku can beat superman because he's magic or stronger yet they say also Superman is Over powered. I don't get it either how can Superman be over powered if they say Thor/Goku is stronger than Superman obviously Thor/Goku must be over powered if they say he can beat him because they are stronger.

Oh and no I'm not hating on Goku or Thor I like both characters and I like Superman also.

So really it's just trolls and n00bs using their peanut brain logic. Don't take it to heart.

#16 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker says he is easy mode, so I agree. :P

#17 Posted by SuperJimmy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason why there are lots of such kind of threads is because it is a real problem for superman, like right now. He didn't do anything, but people simply just hate him for the reasons they invented in order to have an excuse to hate him. AND, it doesn't help that bat-god crap is so popular right now, and people like bat so much so that want superman to be deranked so that batman would become legitmately the NO.1 in comic book superhero history (and that explains why superman fans don't like batman and batman fans sometimes would attack superman for no reason. I'm not saying all of them (batman fans), but that does happen here or there (attacking superman, saying he's a douche or whatnot while batman acts like a douche all the time.)

#18 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the upcoming Superman movie will improve the image of Superman. Batman also used to have an image problem bec. of the Adam West tv show.

#19 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's easy to pick on Supes. I feel like Batman represents the aspects that most guys strive for: Mental excellence and physical excellence, or more accurately, mental and physical superiority. Not to mention he doesn't take crap from anyone. Superman represents giving people the benefit of the doubt, looking for the good in others, honesty, all the characteristics that most people think are boring. Basically, Batman represents what people want to be and Superman represents the character that people should have, but find boring.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Because when you're on top someone always wants to bring you down

#21 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

high-fives

Because people suck.

Let me guess you're not going to do a thread for Batman are you?

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: People can't hate on Batman because his super fans would stroke out and troll them to the point of bullying

#23 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio
@toptom said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

LOL! absolutely this!

Positively this.
#24 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: The amount of people that hate him is equal to the amount that love him. And yes other fans should know better than to mess with us, we have pointy ears.

#25 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Joygirl said:

high-fives

*high-fives, cracks neck, grunts* Bat-powah.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: There is a difference between hating a character and not confusing him with Jesus bat fan boys need to learn that

#27 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: We're going to stop it right here, I've done this dance before, this will end up as a Batman thread instead of a Superman therad, and It will be my fault.

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Cool with me, Also Just so you know I actually do like Batman, just not as much as I like Superman

#29 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

overrated or jealousy!

#30 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

This is the response of a biased non-understanding emotional fanboy. He pretends to understand why we don't like superman and offers his own snide idiot comments to insult people.

1. Superman is as strong as God, But he is an alien........ No One on this planet can relate to him. He has so much power yet he never has an issue with corruption. ever. For some reason batman, the weakest member of the JL does have corruption issues. Go Figure. Also The ployboy and the soldier... ARE HUMAN.

2. What? This doesn't even make sense. Deathbattle did tho infact do gokus calculations wrong. But yes goku should have still lost to the all mighty superman.

3, This is just superman dick-riding talk. He is outdated. But that has nothing to do with anything.

4. The Only Thing You Said That Was Remotely Close To The Truth.

#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Because they know he won't fight back. Partially because he's too much of a goodie goodie. Partially because he's a fictional character.

Now I wanna see someone screaming at a stack of Superman comics, calling them worthless, but then getting smacked into the next galaxy by a legion of angry paper Supermen.

#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: That whole almighty thing you keep saying pretty much proves that you don't know much about Superman considering DC has quite a few characters far more powerful than Superman and even more that are a pretty even fight for him. I'm not saying that you have to like the character but if you don't know much about him then you're opinion on him doesn't really matter.

#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

This is the response of a biased non-understanding emotional fanboy. He pretends to understand why we don't like superman and offers his own snide idiot comments to insult people.

1. Superman is as strong as God, But he is an alien........ No One on this planet can relate to him. He has so much power yet he never has an issue with corruption. ever. For some reason batman, the weakest member of the JL does have corruption issues. Go Figure. Also The ployboy and the soldier... ARE HUMAN.

2. What? This doesn't even make sense. Deathbattle did tho infact do gokus calculations wrong. But yes goku should have still lost to the all mighty superman.

3, This is just superman dick-riding talk. He is outdated. But that has nothing to do with anything.

Haha! Butthurt much. I won't even respond to this seriously. This is either trolling or noobie haterade. Either way this is topnotch entertainment.

#34 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Name em. And I can guess that hes has beaten every single one of them once.

And no: Naming anyone connected to "The Presence"doesn't count.

#35 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@TrueMarvel said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

Haha! Butthurt much. I won't even respond to this seriously. This is either trolling or noobie haterade. Either way this is topnotch entertainment.

No actually YOU were the one trolling. You would say reasons why people would dislike superman, then in the next sentence give a biased point of view on why their opinion is strange, stupid, or hypocritical. That's called an " I trying to piss someone off" post.

You are victorious

#36 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: Keep it up, mate. This is golden! Haha!

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: Darkseid, Imperiex, High Father, Shazam (The Wizard not Billy), Swamp Thing, Nekron, Dr. Fate, Black Adam, Rao, Any of the Guardians, Krona, Zeus, etc, etc, etc.

#38 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

SOrry man. Superman is as strong as he needs to be.

If he needed to beat those guys, the writers have no problem making it happen

#39 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: I didn't say anything about strength, I was talking about power and every guy I mentioned could destroy Superman without throwing a punch.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: Also there has never been any instance in Superman's entire history where he was any kind of physical threat to Imperiex

#41 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor>Superman

#42 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone hates superman because of his stupid disguise lol. Or at least I did for most of my life...I dont really mind superman anymore though, infact I kinda like the new 52 superman who is more assertive and he has good story arcs, but I still do mind his stupid disguise.

#43 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel: And no superman isn't the stongest in dc, new 52 superman got his a§§ kicked by darkseid in the justice league.

#44 Posted by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Lots of reasons:

sometimes puberty can mess up a child's brain. don't worry young lady...it will pass with the time. ;)

#45 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Back when I was a hater (complete opposite now) it was because I believed him to be too overpowered to have a decent story. That changed when I read some of his decent stories, before then I'd only encountered stories that are apparently disliked by many people.

#46 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

insecurities

he's not someone to relate to

but someone who people should aspire to be

#47 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is always the best the strongest and to much good plus he always knows what to do and when someone starts with that when Superman is blooodlusted he can do that he can do this oh come on like Thor Gladiator etc can't do something that Superman has done pls.

#48 Edited by RDClip (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman represents truth, hope and goodness and those thing are not cool. People nowadays gravitate to characters that have a dark past and have some serious emotional issues. Superman is probably the one of the most well-adjusted superheroes out there today when he could go completely brooding, angry and lonely (he certainly has reason to). Granted I love a pissed off, grief stricken, unbalanced anti-hero, but there should always be a place for the good, upstanding hero with the sun at his back and with hope in his heart.

As for being so powerful; I rather see that as a challenge for Supes than a advantage. Supes is so powerful that there must be an urge to just use his power to exert justice over the whole world (he could and no one would be able to stop him), but his strong moral character keeps himself under control. (for you batman fans it's like his no-kill oath)

I'd like to specifically ask why it seems bat fans are so hostile to Superman? Has it always been around or did Frank Miller start it with DKR?

#49 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@age_of_ultron_Prime2000 said:

Because he is always the best the strongest and to much good plus he always knows what to do and when someone starts with that when Superman is blooodlusted he can do that he can do this oh come on like Thor Gladiator etc can't do something that Superman has done pls.

Nyahahahahahaha! Just a joke. I hope no Thor fanboy get butthurt again. :D

#50 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

@TrueMarvel:

Wow dude, trolling or what I happen to be a fan of both Batman and Superman equally. But I understand Superman's character what he means and so on. He maybe one of the most powerful people on earth but his weaknesses of character and the fact he can't do everything stands to reason he isn't perfect. Superman has never stated he was god or even thinks himself as one. Superman is actually more relate able to me than Batman is because of either changing jobs or even changing countries is home vs heritage, and even feeling alone everyone feels that at times when they have to deal with a choice or problem only they can solve.

Also to take note on what someone else has told you there are many people as powerful or even out class him, it's why the stupid statement that people often say he's over powered yet people like Thor or hulk can beat him so how is he over powered? Plus Martian Manhunter has more powers than Superman and can change his structure to surpass Superman's strength and invunrability.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.