Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why do Silver Age fans want Scientist Lex?

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bsaa

Seriously, Luthor didn't become cool until Byrne. Mad scientist Lex is beyond dated, whereas CEO Lex is relevant.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's not like Post-Crisis and New-52 Lex is a mad scientist too. Actually his science has gotten even powerful on top of being insanely rich and loved by the public despite the ridiculous ways he gets away with things.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: post crisis wasn't a mad scientist until Geoff Johns used Infinite Crisis am excuse to shoe horn outdated Silver Age retardation back into continuity, like Diana Prince, and Luthor losing company to become a mad scientist again. God, the mere thought gives me mental hemorrhoids.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

As long as I am on the vine no one ever complained about Luthor's characterazation at least from what I remember.
    Best Luthor is a polymath Luthor, that DC is using since 2000s. Takes all the aspects of his personality through the years and molds them together. CEO limits Luthor's potential a lot same with scientist Luthor. But take both of them and you have a powerhouse. A man with the means, intelligence,power and ruthlessness to be a threat. Only by combining all those aspects you get a good threat for Superman. And as the smartest man on the planet Luthor being only one of them, seems odd.

As for returning to his scientist status after infinite crisis, I don't see a problem with it Luthor lost his company and that opened some great storytelling routes(Luthor underground, Lana as CEO) and that was only temporary since Luthor got his company back at WofS. Luthor losing his company, going underground and actually killing kryptonians to get it back was great character development and kept the character fresh. If you want to blame someone for not seeing more CEO Luthor after IC blame DC for rebooting their universe :P

And the New 52 has a very good balance with Luthor, especially the first issue of Forever Evil. With Luthor, threatning to get what he wants, doing hostile company takeovers, then mock the ultimate war machine that top minds on the planet made only for him to see multiple ways of making it better.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lex has always been a scientist, that's his thing. His brains are supposed to rival Superman's braun.

I agree that he is better off as a CEO who only occasionally gets his hands dirty, but he has to be a scientist still.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

In a story I was writing, Luthor created Lex Corp as a way to get money to achieve his means. He only gives less than 10% of his attention to the company, the rest is towards building and creating stuff.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7 dernman  Online

I never liked mad scientist Lex Luthor I prefer the CEO. Don't get me wrong I do want him to be a genius but it should be used in different ways.

Scientific: Sure but not outrageously so. He should have to work with a teams he hires at Lexcorp.

Manipulative, Business: These are where his true genius comes out to play.

No battle suit unless the extreme situation happens. Something that rarely happens. Lex should believe himself above such things and himself to important to get involved in smash em ups. That is for underlings, pawns, and the typical him manipulation of people

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol who's a fan of the silver age. And I hate scientist luthor. He should use his smarts for other business stuff like he does now

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now he is a top scientist and a billionaire. Im totally happy with that. If he was only a dumb, greedy, rich guy, I wouldnt appreciate that.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Top scientist AND billionaire into one megalomaniacal package is the ideal Lex.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

And the New 52 has a very good balance with Luthor, especially the first issue of Forever Evil. With Luthor, threatning to get what he wants, doing hostile company takeovers, then mock the ultimate war machine that top minds on the planet made only for him to see multiple ways of making it better.

Reminds me so much of Red Son Lex. Oh boy Im getting goosebumps

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.