Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18936 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why didn't Kryptonians emulate a yellow sun?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

From what I know they were aware of the effect of a yellow sun on their physiology, so given how advanced they were why did they not turn their sun yellow (IIRC they had the ability to turn a yellow sun red) or emulate the rays of a yellow sun.

Would they have not preferred the increases in power and ability they would get from doing so? Was this ever touched on in the comics?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By z3ro180

I think only jor-el and Zoe-el knew about that.mainly due to the fact that jor-el pre 52 was sent to earth by his father as a right of passage

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Pre-52, there were a handful of other Kryptonians who knew about the yellow sun gifting them abilities, but they were part of a small sect of Kryptonians who departed the planet once the government made it illegal for them to go off-world or whatever. One of them was Kristen Wells.

But as already stated, no one on Krypton knew about it.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Suprman

My thought on the whole situation was Jor-El theorized the effect of Yellow Sun Radiation on Kryptonion Physiology but never informed because he never had a way to prove it or to work on it on top of all the other things he was doing. Also let's face it, if he did, certain kryptonions would have wanted to weaponize it and he would have feared the results.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

@Suprman said:

Also let's face it, if he did, certain kryptonions would have wanted to weaponize it and he would have feared the results.

Viltrumites reborn, anyone?

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Suprman

@JonSmith: Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Zod. But he's also my favorite Supes Villain so my mind often strays to him when conquering things and the like.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.