Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Why Change is Good for Superman in the Upcoming DC Re-Launch

• 64 results
    roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By roboticjesus

@TheOptimist: You do a good job of breaking it down better than I ever could have. Totally Agree with you on the distinction between this and "One More Day."

I am really surprised at the amount of comments and conversation generated by ramblings. Thanks for contributing everyone!

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#52  Edited By turoksonofstone

Strange how the "NEW" folks on comic-vine seem to approve of the Reboot, almost in defiance of society at large, makes me wonder..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Lvenger
    @Primmaster64: I know. I'm liking what Grant Morrison is doing to the character in the revamped origin in Action Comics, that seems really interesting. And aside from that hitch in the Superman series, I like the look of it so far. The DC reboot so far seems OK, it's just this one thing that annoys me a great deal that DC have not pulled off well.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lvenger
    @roboticjesus: Thanks and it's no problem to comment on a thread with a discussion topic this interesting. Although I don't know why when you replied to my comment the username came up as the optimist when it is in fact a completely different one. LOL at that little technical error. 
    roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By roboticjesus

@Lvenger: I meant to reply to TheOptimist, so not sure what is going on. Technical glitch or user error, may be both?

roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By roboticjesus

@turoksonofstone said:

Strange how the "NEW" folks on comic-vine seem to approve of the Reboot, almost in defiance of society at large, makes me wonder..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, but it is small mindedness and presumptuous statements like this where I find myself biting my tongue. Everyone is welcome to the conversation, but don't contribute anything.

Why don't you share your thoughts on the reboot and why you feel that way, rather than some vague criticism of "NEW" folks?

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Jekylhyde14
    @roboticjesus said:

@turoksonofstone said:

Strange how the "NEW" folks on comic-vine seem to approve of the Reboot, almost in defiance of society at large, makes me wonder..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, but it is small mindedness and presumptuous statements like this where I find myself biting my tongue. Everyone is welcome to the conversation, but don't contribute anything.

Why don't you share your thoughts on the reboot and why you feel that way, rather than some vague criticism of "NEW" folks?

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled by the "new" folks comment either. I've been on Comicvine for years, but I don't post to the forums often unless I have something to say (like now). I've been collecting comics since before I could read. I've worked at two comic stores and have watched them both close down thanks to a stubborness within the industry. I don't feel too "new" at anything concerned here, and I'm overly enthusiastic about this reboot. I think it's high time and that they've given it to the right creators. DC has been underwhelming for awhile now. Maybe the fans who are so resistant to change should start to feel like they're part of that problem.
    Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Psyker star

DC needed this re-launch. The only DC comic i was reading was power girl and i stopped liking that after issue 14, I will start reading Superman justice league and one of the Batman comics now. I just cant beleve they are doing this.

justafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By justafan

how can justice league america and action comics both start 5 years before continuity? if action comics is about before superman joined justice league america 

Does justice league america not have superman?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lvenger
    @roboticjesus: Probably both. In any case it's working fine now and the Optimist does a much better job than I did outlining the links and similarities between the DCU reboot and One More Day and on breaking down the new reboot.
    roboticjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By roboticjesus

@justafan said:

how can justice league america and action comics both start 5 years before continuity? if action comics is about before superman joined justice league america Does justice league america not have superman?

I have a read a few things recently to indicate that while JLA is earlier, it's not quite as early as Action Comics will be. Somewhere inbetween "current" continuity in the titles and the 5 years earlier of AC.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @roboticjesus said:

I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't see the reboot as a good thing. They are just stubborn people who don't like to embrace change. They lack progressive thinking and see this is the way forward.

@turoksonofstone said:
    Strange how the "NEW" folks on comic-vine seem to approve of the Reboot, almost in defiance of society at large, makes me wonder..
    @roboticjesus said:

@turoksonofstone said:

@Jekylhyde14 said:
    @roboticjesus said:

@turoksonofstone said:

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled by the "new" folks comment either. I've been on Comicvine for years, but I don't post to the forums often unless I have something to say (like now). I've been collecting comics since before I could read. I've worked at two comic stores and have watched them both close down thanks to a stubborness within the industry. I don't feel too "new" at anything concerned here, and I'm overly enthusiastic about this reboot. I think it's high time and that they've given it to the right creators. DC has been underwhelming for awhile now. Maybe the fans who are so resistant to change should start to feel like they're part of that problem.
    You sound like a paid Schill, Iv'e noticed several new users popping up on the various comics news sites extolling the virtues of this reboot.It is transparent and comical.
    Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By Jekylhyde14
    @turoksonofstone said:

You sound like a paid Schill, Iv'e noticed several new users popping up on the various comics news sites extolling the virtues of this reboot.It is transparent and comical.

Or maybe it's proof that this reboot will bring in the new readers that Superman desperately needs. How is the fact that people are so excited about this that they're signing up for new sites and getting involved in them a bad thing? Unless you want comics to become so exclusive that the industry collapses. You sound like petulant child who wants things to stay his way forever. I'm glad people are so passionate about this that they're joining comicvine. I bet the moderators are too.
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @Jekylhyde14:  
    If that turns out to be the case and DC fans embrace what's coming you will have proven me wrong. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Petulant? LMAO. Bring it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.