who thought superman 3 and 4 were rubbish

#1 Posted by cameronstear (68 posts) - - Show Bio

who thought superman 3 and superman 4 were rubbish if you agree with me comment below and tell me if thought they were good then do not comment

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's safe to say that EVERYBODY thinks that their crap. Superman 3 didn't even open up with the iconic theme song.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 1 ,2 and returns is awesome. I saw three a few months ago and it was not as good as I remembered it to be when I was a kid and I have yet to see four Again

#4 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were pretty bad...but 4>3 in my opinion...I remember lol'ing at Lex's nephew saying 'Ohhhhhh noooooooooo'

#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Four is better than three, but the first two are still my favorite Superman movies. I'm really hoping Man of Steel changes my opinion! Superman needs that perfect cinematic interpretation that Batman got with the Nolan films.

#6 Posted by longbowhunter (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...horrible!

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

I think it's safe to say that EVERYBODY thinks that their crap. Superman 3 didn't even open up with the iconic theme song.

This.

Though at least Superman III was kind of funny.

#8 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

All Superman movies are incredibly bad, come on, spinning the earth to reverse time..?

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

3 and 4 were bad. I thought the first two were good for their time. But they wouldnt pass well with todays audience, who expect a high level of action and explosions in superhero movies

#10 Posted by tomlikesfries (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

A better question would be "who did not think that Superman 3 and 4 were bad?"

#11 Posted by iHailCarlo (94 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not great films, but still very watchable. 4 is better than 3.

#12 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated those two! Superman 3 was just a bad slapstick comedy with very bad jokes that fall flat and a whole lot of one dimensional characters and a lame villain plot, superman 4 had a good premise but was executed horribly with plot holes you could throw a nuclear missile through.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (83782 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 3 and 4 were tripe and rubbish.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

This is kind of like asking who hates cancer

#15 Edited by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Logan here highlights the reasons why they suck and he says it better than I can. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnCGD7T_T0&feature;=relmfu http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfZGFM-jPkI Check it out cause he nails it and its really funny.

#16 Edited by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally the third film was going to have brainiac as the villain with an appearance from supergirl. Superman and supergirl would get involved in a relationship and there would have been an appearance from mr myxysptlk. If they had changed a few things like the relationship between superman and supergirl because they're both cousins for crying out loud and left out mr myxysptlk since he would drag the movie down (and I'm not sure how he would work effectively in this) we would have had what would have been a great movie. The reason the went against this idea is simply because the studio didn't like it so we ended up with a dull sequel.

#17 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they're terrible. Drunk Superman was fantastic though. Flicking those peanuts at those beer bottles in the bar makes me laugh every time.

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

I haven't seen them entirely, but I just want to use the word rubbish.

Rubbish.

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (83782 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@PowerHerc said:

I haven't seen them entirely, but I just want to use the word rubbish.

Rubbish.

It's a fun word, isn't it? ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.