Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Who is the villain of MoS 2?

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Martian81

So now we know that Man of Steel 2 : 'Superman vs Batman' is filled with more than one DC superhero. I kind of get what DC is trying to achieve here, we know marvel model is to flesh out a character in a solo film and then make an ensemble superhero film with characters from solo films .DC is doing the reverse introducing an ensemble cast and then hope to work a solo film for each. I don't really mind as long as the story is good. I personally have an issue with casting wonder woman but i wont get into that. My question is since in this film Lex is young payed by Social network's J.Eisenberg,I can see him being a villain in the future films but not this one, Batman I doubt is a villain..that would be ooc..that leaves Wonder woman as a possible momentary villain which could work depending on how the story is done BUT we are told WW is a small cameo type role(we shd take that with a pinch of salt)..and that would be too much like Faora in MoS, if WW was a villain in the sequel, so I rule her out as well .So big question is who is the villain in Supes vs Bats??

Any ideas?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is villain. Batman is hero!

Superman is the hero they deserve and need, Batfleck is the hero they get!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that we got two years before the release of this movie and lack of official information, we can only speculate.

Wonder Woman being villainess (in her first movie appearance to boot) is OOC – just like Batman being villain, so NO.

Maybe Snyder would use “shades of grey” approach again. Zod wasn’t a pure villain, so theoretically Superman and Batman would be villains to each other. Batman would think that Superman is a threat to Earth; Superman would think that Batman is his enemy because of his methods – until the end of the movie, when they most likely would team up or something like that. Again, all that just speculation and most likely oversimplification.

Why Lex couldn’t be the villain? He is overachiever, after all; if he already a billionaire with his corporation in Metropolis, he already can have connections to Intergang, do some shady military contracts, etc. For example, I see him as a potential puppet master who lets his minions and henchmen do all dirty job – Metallo looks like a rather obvious choice.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lex is going to be in the movie. I think he is a good enemy for the trinity.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

It's obviously going to be Lex. Although I'm hoping he'll have somebody like Metallo as a superpowered mook.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lex Luthor is obviously in it. I don't think it'll be just him. You can't go from Superman alone fighting a small Kryptonian team, to core members of the Justice League against a powerless human. There will be someone to match them physically.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Batman or Superman will be the villain (depending on who you like more) for the first 2/3 of the film until they take on Lex and Metallo in the final act of the film.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

I think it will be lex and possibly Black Adam-(maybe the rock will play him). With Shazam in development I wouldn't be suprised if they use Black Adam as a villain.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Martian81

Well Sano Hibiki , yeah he may be a youthful billionaire and sure he may be Machiavellian but to make it believable he has to have something personal against Superman, it just wouldn't sit so well with me if Lex is nefarious and hateful of superman from a young age, unless they play the jealousy card. What I could find realistic is maybe they'll say Lex found out about Wonder woman and she knew of Kryptonians and they historically were at war with the Amazons(her people).So Lex asked her to work for him,she volunteered to use her advanced knowledge to improve some military tech patent for Luthorcorp to provide some super armour for the military, and when Supes made her see the light as a fellow super-powered being that he is not a threat her people knew even though he is Kryptonian or the threat humans make him out to be she trashed the tech and Lex was forced out of the contract coz Bruce Wayne made a better bid(Bruce also had the hots for her) .That would be believable.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martian81:

For now we don’t have any information about Amazons in DCCU, so I don’t know what to think about ancient Kryptonians fighting Amazons (same with their technological level – do they have advanced technologies or magic-dependent community); truthfully, I doubt WW would be used in such role.

If we talking about hate as Lex’s prime motivation, then World’s Engine caused massive destruction in Metropolis (potentially destroying many facilities of Luthorcorp or something like that), Lex’s investment projects were obliterated, cue hate to Supes. Lex often portrayed as seeing himself to be humanity protector and champion, so alien on Earth plus Metropolis’ destruction – and he is hounding Superman from the very beginning.

Also we might consider such potential developments: using anti-Superman propaganda in his political career; trying to get hold of Kryptonian technologies, make some profit out of them through military developments or keeping them just for himself – then BM/SM would stop him – infuriated than they dared to mess his plans, he becomes their enemy.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Martian81

Well SanoHibiki I totally agree with the destruction in Metropolis causing losses to Luthorcorp is one motivator. I was just thinking a comprehensive plot where WW and Batman would be relevant and that is why I thought up that story. If WW is to exhibit her power at all, she will have to be shown in more than a cameo role and preferably with a role to play in the story otherwise all those 'easter eggs' are not really necessary.As to whether Amazons fought Kryptonians, it is possible that they did even if it has never been mentioned in DCU. Let's just wait and see, knowing Snyder this movie may be very action packed and so who knows if we have Luthercorp power suits chasing Kal, or we have a Kal el-Diana showdown. Whatever it is it shd be good, these leaks of cast members could all even be a misdirection we could find Brainiac the main villain and he is let loose by Lex when Luthercorp tries to salvage some Kryptonian tech from the damaged ships and his scientists try to hack it or reverse engineer it. I suspect Kryptonite could be revealed in this film and I think Brianiac could be part of this revelation.Let's wait and see

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

Luthor can easily put a suit of armor and become a physical villain. However there's a feeling in my gut that Deathstroke (likely played by Manu Bennet) is gonna be a part of this universe if not the movie.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Luthor can easily put a suit of armor and become a physical villain. However there's a feeling in my gut that Deathstroke (likely played by Manu Bennet) is gonna be a part of this universe if not the movie.

If Arrow were more popular, I'd say maybe. But I doubt we'd see Deathstroke played by Bennet. Though I could see Deathstroke being the physical adversary, with Lex acting as the brains, considering all of the Slade-hype as of late.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

There was rumor that Metallo would be the villain (besides Lex Luthor of course)

If that turns out to be true then you will hear no complaints from me, Metallo would be a great choice for a movie villain. He'll probably put up even more of a fight than Zod and his gang did.

Still holding out for that one day where I'll see Brainiac as the villain

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be lex and possibly Black Adam-(maybe the rock will play him). With Shazam in development I wouldn't be suprised if they use Black Adam as a villain.

Good point.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

WB being top secret about it all.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex, and also probably a muscle character. I mean, if they have that many HEROES, gotta have a few villains.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am convinced Momoa may play the physical threat to Superman and Batman , while Lex is the intellectual threat.

check this link so many comments and guesses as to who J.Momoa will play

http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-superman-jason-momoa-doomsday/comment-page-4/#comments

I think for this film he will be Metallo, It would be great if he were Vandal Savage or Despero or even Parasite but I think Metallo is more likely, maybe they'd have to add in some CGI though like to motion capture his face so that he's more alien looking (if it's a character other than Savage)

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sinestro_GL

Otis?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@supbatz said:

@entropy_aegis said:

If Arrow were more popular, I'd say maybe. But I doubt we'd see Deathstroke played by Bennet. Though I could see Deathstroke being the physical adversary, with Lex acting as the brains, considering all of the Slade-hype as of late.

Yeah,Deathstrokes inclusion wouldn't surprise me at all,as for Bennet if Arrow was made like a decade back I would've laughed at the idea of him playing Slade even if his performance was as captivating and charismatic,but these days TV actors are not looked down upon as they were in the last years.

In the recent period we've seen many TV shows that have earned a lot of acclaim both for their writing and acting,so I wouldn't rule out his chances altogether.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

They should just have Lex as the main villain leading up to Brainiac approaching Earth in the last quarter or so of the film, and then continue that threat into the Justice League movie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The villain should be just Lex.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as how everyone wants/expects Metallo, I'm gonna say Parasite. They can lift the story from Earth One Vol. 2, just gotta make the "accident" happen at Lexcorp.

Superman will get his ass kicked in their first encounter, maybe get some tactical guidance from Bats, and then save the day. I believe Batman will square off with Lex while Supes throws down with Parasite.

They've came out of left field throughout the entire casting process and they probably know people expect Metallo, so they could easily go with Parasite. Also gives them a way to abstain from Kryptonite in the DCCU.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After he kill Zod in front of innocent peoples... who can truly believe him... superheros don't kill - someone have to kick his ass... And it's who else of... BATMAN :D

Superman17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would personally love to see Metallo but that's probably not gonna happen. Its most likely going to be Lex Luthor. But I would love to see who they would use if they were to give him some muscle to help him, maybe Metallo or possibly Bizarro(Who could be grown from the DNA of Zods corpse). Though we really can't do anything but speculate until the movie comes out.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@entropy_aegis: arrow is not connected to DCCU so no to Manu but yes to deathstroke played by someone else

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.