Who is the smartest version of Superman?

#1 Edited by logy5000 (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been thinking about it & I think it's between AS Superman & SMP 1 mil.

But what do you guys think?

#2 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just stretching this.

Possible this guy

From Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D; Quantum Superman

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224000 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:

Possible this guy

It almost reminds me of Dr. Manhattan with hair.
#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: I think it was Captain Atom of his universe, so I'm guessing Grant drew inspiration from both characters.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Official incarnations? I'd say One Million. Although, I hate how inconsistant they make his intelligence. He should easily more brilliant than Bruce. That's why I liked how he was written in Earth One.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14656 posts) - - Show Bio

One Million.

#7 Edited by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Possible this guy

It almost reminds me of Dr. Manhattan with hair.

He is called Captain <Allen> Adam, makes me think of Captain Atom. I think he is one of those borderline amalgamations or equivalents, but he is supposed to be a Superman counter part, I think.

DC does some messed up stuff sometimes, like 2 different Supermen on E-10, so hard to tell.

Superman E-10
Overman (Kal-l) E-10
#8 Posted by st0nnec0ld (25 posts) - - Show Bio

One Million

#9 Posted by Ultim8Roux (22 posts) - - Show Bio

um..I think superman from Red Son deserves a mention. We have more direct examples of his intellect in that book than we to any of the versions mentioned.

I mean....didnt he like solve inflation? (or was that lex?)

When it comes to feats of lateral thinking on that magnitude, I remember not even Reed Richards could calculate a way for the Fantastic Four not to go broke.

I think that is where alot of writers go wrong with handling superman. They do not focus on his ability to think laterally enough. I mean, he has an alien mind. His behavior may mimic ours, but there is no evidence suggesting that he is inclined to process data collected by his senses(even negating solar influence) in a similar fashion to homo sapiens.

#10 Posted by logy5000 (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, what about Composite Superman? He had 12th level intellect.

#11 Posted by Shallbecomeabat (33 posts) - - Show Bio

If you like smart Superman you all should check out the run by Kurt Busiek, especially Camelot Falls. Here, Supes uses super intelligence a lot. He reads multiple books at the same time, which are all written on the molecules of the paper of another book, he holds as Clark, while on a plane. That was pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.