Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Who is the good Superman in Injustice?

jadenyuki02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it Superman Prime? I'm confused because I'm watching some Injustice Gods Among Us battle vids on youtube and people keep saying Superman Prime, Superman Prime, Superman Prime but I thought Superman Prime was evil? Sorry for asking but I'm no comics expert. haha

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snes9x:

Good Superman? Where are you getting at?

Look the Injustice Superman is more closely related to the 1994 Superman in his origins, with some touches of the pre-Flashpoint timeline, like his fortress. Also in terms of power levels he's more close to the 94 version.

In case you're wondering the 94 version was the one before and after his death at the hands of Doomsday.

He has no connection to any of the Superman-Prime. Because has you know there's two Superman-Prime. The gold Superman-Prime of DC One Million (the most powerful of all) and the crazy Superboy from Earth Prime that was turned into an adult when he absorbed the energies of the Guardian that sacrificed himself during the events of the Sinestro Corps war, trying to kill that insane Superboy. And throwned him into another universe by mistake, while the energies released were absorbed by that Superboy, that in turn turned him into an adult and he started calling himself Superman-Prime.

Maybe by comparing the Injustice Superman and Superman-Prime (not gold Superman-Prime) they're refering to the fact they were both evil. That both started out good but events turned them evil.

jadenyuki02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snes9x:

Oh. The one that stopped him was the current one.

Or at least the suit seems to suggest that.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

First of all what said makes no sense at all. You do realize that, right? Please be more clear. Please.

Second, if you been paying attention to the Injustice comics, when he placed his parents at the fortress and image of Jor-El appeared, it was the one that used the bio suit that covered all of the kryptonians body in the 90's version.

Even his power levels were on the same level. Or didn't you realized that without the yellow ring he wouldn't have been able to pull Mongo into the sun. Something that both pre-Flashpoint and New 52 Superman would've been able to do so, without any aid or power boost.

And of course he had the crystal fortress of the pre-Flashpoint. In the 90's version, his fortress was mostly made of kryptonian metal, and had been built by the Eradicator.

In Injustice they did something like All-Star Superman. In which they took various examples from different timelines and create something new.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: from 1986 to 2011 is the modern age aka pre flashpoint aka the pre new 52 universe. Everything that happens in that span of time happend to one superman. Witch is called Pre-flashpoint superman or pre-new 52 superman or if you will Modern Superman. There is no such thing as 94 Superman. So I should be,asking you if you know what your talking about.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@z3ro180 said:

@heavenlydarkdragon: from 1986 to 2011 is the modern age aka pre flashpoint aka the pre new 52 universe. Everything that happens in that span of time happend to one superman. Witch is called Pre-flashpoint superman or pre-new 52 superman or if you will Modern Superman. There is no such thing as 94 Superman. So I should be,asking you if you know what your talking about.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Superguy1591

@z3ro180 said:

What makes you think those games are canon?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I never mentioned any games. Read and think before you post.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: He is talking about Injustice...maybe you should do the same.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snes9x: injustice is a parallel universe and the superman who defeats the evil superman is from a different universe as well. He's called "prime" because he's from the new "prime" universe. Or the prime universe that I think they named it after infinite crisis.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Really?! If I know what I'm talking about!

I'm seriously wondering if you know what you're talking about.

Just answer me this. From 1986 to 2011, weren't there reboots?

Because I seem to remember that after the Crisis On Infinite Earths, there was the Zero Hour, after that Infinite Crisis, and after that the Final Crisis.

And in each Crisis there were changes. Or why do you think Birthright and Origins were written?

While explaining power levels and even scenarios, you have to take into account each period. Yes, it's all within the modern age but the modern age had periods. Just like the Gold Age, Silver and Bronze age. They weren't entirely linear. In the Gold Age there was the original Superman from 1938 and then in the mid 40's the gold age had a little change, so little I don't even call it a reboot. They simply added the fact that Krypton's gravity was responsible for kryptonians not having powers on Krypton.

So yeah... I do now what I'm talking about. I'm simply more precise in terms of timelines. I don't simply mix everything up like this was a salad.

And in the end it gives people that are asking a question a exact timeline where to look for information.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: Changes yes reboots no, also I have never heard of periods In A comic age. You adding a number to a point in a character's history does not make it a period. If anything you make it confusing for a new reader who knows nouthing about any of this stuff.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

So you're saying that power levels didn't fluctuated between crisis? That there wasn't big changes in many characters, even their backgrounds?

Even the Superman before and after his death was different not only in terms of power, but by the introduction of no longer needing to breath and could basically survive in space with no problems at all. Then they later removed this ability and again gave it, only this time said that it was due to Superman training with Mongul.

You might see it has a linear line but you know it wasn't.

I called then periods, because that's what they were. Periods in time, that Superman was depicted in a way and then later was changed, and later changed again, and so on and so on.

And last time I checked changes that affect power levels, removed some characters without any explanation, is basically a reboot. You might not call them that but for all intended purposes they were.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: they aren't reboots they are just minor changes, a reboot is what flashpoint and COIE where. What you are useing as examples are not reboots and are not periods. A period would be a major moment in the characters current history like the New Krypton saga and Death of Superman. None of the example you have used are poor examples like Infinite and final crisis because they didn't just affect Superman but the whole DCU. So to use them as examples is just daft as well as calling them reboots.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Right... I say potato, you say petato.

Look. Simple fact. Characters changed, power levels changed. DC Comics might not have called them reboots, but for all intended purposes, they were. Period.

The fact you can't even admit to this, speaks volumes about some of the things you say.

My evidence could be resumed in a single word... CONVERGENCE!

But now that I know you a little better I'm not even gonna waste my time explaning this.

Just so we're clear, all of this....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

... the changes in power levels, suits, characters that existed and then ceased to exist, even a simple example has Superman fortress were all within the same timeline?

They didn't came with changes in origins, how the characters were portrait, and even characters that no one remembered they even existed. Like Supergirl (aka Matrix aka Linda Danvers), that when Kara Zor-El appeared and was under the care of Lana Lang and took the name for her secret identity has Linda Lang. In your mind, it was all one continous age. With nothing resembling a reboot.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Well, well. Look at your true colors.

Still haven't changed did you? No wonder so many Viners ignore you or simply hate your guts.

Go on then. Live in your little world of dreams and illusions. Because if you can't admit such obvious in your face changes, it explains how can one single person be so loose on facts.

You see the difference between you and me is that I actually know what I'm talking about and I don't ride the high horse. You do. I could've call you out on your post about what would happen if Superman was turned into a vampire. A post that has 3 years. I could have done like you and called you out and said "Why the hell are you replying to a post that has 3 years." exactly like you did with me on another topic, but I didn't. Because that was none of my business. A concept you don't understand. You and your need to poke your nose on other people's business.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: ignore me or hate my guts ? Other people's business ? News flash your on the freaking internet it's not private so to attempt and chastise me over that is yet again daft. Also hate me and ignore me and that's assuming you went though all the comments that I've posted over the years and spoke to every user I have conversed with. Then that's a scary amount of dedication to show to someone who you don't know outside of a website.

Also yet again I doubt you know the difference between a reboot and a revamp I have told you the difference between. take what you want from that or not.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

@heavenlydarkdragon: also if there's a secret sub form of Viners who hates me that means I have my own rouges gallery, so thanks for letting me know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.