Who is stronger than Silver-age Superman?

#1 Edited by superhulksmash (47 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman is crazily overpowered but didn't Mongul Sr. beat him? Who all is stronger than SA Superman?

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

she broke the force that held the universe together with 0 effort.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much anyone who's stronger than him now. They were all overpowered during the Silver Age, but then got depowered all together.

#4 Posted by Hemen (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody, Superman were dc's most popular character at that time (batman were not more popular untill the end of the 80's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP3JFr9lDfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDXh6xK5FI&feature=relmfu

And please Pre Crisis Superman were much stronger than pre crisis supergirl :)

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Age Darkseid and Mongul.

#6 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

No one was. Darkseid and Mongul weren't introduced until the Bronze Age, Despero didn't have super strength in the Silver Age, and just about everyone who is stronger than the Man of Steel now weren't around then.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

No one is stronger than him.

#8 Posted by Detroit101 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Validus, Composite Superman...

#9 Edited by Hemen (42 posts) - - Show Bio

AS it has been said no one. He were stronger than everyone at that time. In the silver age Superman could lift tons of PLANETS as easy as we can lift a baseball. And Supernovas and all sorts of stuff did not hurt him at all.

In the Bronze AGe they made him weaker. He still could lift tons of planets though. But not as easy as in the silver age.

Silver Age Superman is the strongest superhero EVER even if you like it or not.

#10 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

eh.suprema?she lift entire universe

#11 Posted by CorbinLowrie (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Majestic. He is better than Superman in every way.

#12 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@CorbinLowrie said:

Mr. Majestic. He is better than Superman in every way.

Wasn't Mr. Majestic really just Silver Age Superman in the Wildstorm universe?

#13 Posted by CorbinLowrie (55 posts) - - Show Bio

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Majestros_%28Earth-50%29

Check this site out and scroll down to his "Powers and Abilities".

It says the upper limits of his strength are unknown (which alone makes the answer to this post near impossible). Also, he has rearranged our entire solar system by moving planets and a star. That is just ridiculous. He flew from one side of the universe to the other(93 billion light years in distance! I just looked that up) in only 3 months which means he can fly at 155,000,000,000.01 miles per second (Just did the math and triple checked it) which is 517.02435 times the speed of light, without getting tired or needing anything to eat or drink.I highly doubt the writers for DC thought of this math when they wrote the story of him doing this. Other heroes and villains have said it appears as if he teleports because he flies so fast. With this being said, I think his incredible speed should somehow reflect his strength and if not, the fact that he didn't get tired during that endeavor should prove that he has certainly more stamina than Superman which I believe counts for more than strength. And though, I know the question is: "Who is Stronger", the fact that DC's site says, Mr. Majestic's upper limit to his strength is unknown, I feel that those extra facts are just "Now Ya Know" details which I find pretty interesting considering I have never done the math for that until now. Technically this answer will never be known until DC makes a statement about it and since the characters are fictional, their strengths can not really be defined unless stated directly from the writers. I hope this at least makes this forum worth the look even if no conclusion can come of it because the title itself will, I'm sure, get many looks. And I will end it with this, in my last comment, I said, " Mr. Majestic. He is better than Superman in every way." I take this back now because I can honestly say, I don't know enough about the two characters to know if that is entirely true. Sorry for making that statement due to my lack of knowledge.

#14 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Kirby with a pencil and a clean eraser.

#15 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@CorbinLowrie:

No worries, we all make comments like that sometimes. Majestic does sound a lot like Silver Age Superman to me. SA Supes could move planets to rearrange galaxies, created a brand new solar system once, and could fly fast enough to break the time/space barrier. So far as I know, the upper levels of his strength were never recorded either. I do think that Majestic's power levels were an homage to Silver Age Superman especially since Post-Crisis Superman was not nearly as powerful as either of them. I even remember an Alan Moore scripted issue of WildC.A.T.S where Majestic makes comment like: "This would've never happened in the 60's." Which I took as a nod to Majestic being like a cipher for Silver Age Superman. I see them as equals so far as power levels are concerned.

#16 Posted by CorbinLowrie (55 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds about right. I don't think we would live long enough to watch that full fight if they ever battled it out, unless Mr. Majestic froze Superman with his breath, that is. I wish I knew more about Superman.

#17 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@CorbinLowrie:

Wikipedia does a pretty good break-down of Silver Age Superman's power set. It's pretty vast.

#18 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@CorbinLowrie: This is crazy, the silver age Superman can pull a star ( disposable )In second, silver age Superman moves the sun - only his breathIn third, the silver age Superman sneeze destroy the solar systemNo feat of MM close to the silver age Superman

#19 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

SA superman move many planets in one hand,MM never do it,he just move a solar system(and just one by one,not once)

#20 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

his limits is your imagination.

#21 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, in my impression, suprema " strength show " was most powerful feat SA superman,he never show us his limits,so,But I am also very difficult to be sure he can lift the universe.. Although long ago I think so too

#22 Posted by Maikel (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the issue at hand is "stronger", would He-Man not count(at least for physical strength and speed). And there still is the green Hulk. Both of these characters have no upper limit to their strength.

#23 Edited by BRAX (814 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Mr Majestic is stronger than Silver Age Superman, but he is pretty damn close..I would rank Mr Majestic higher than Captain Marvel in overall strength..

Now one person i would rank higher than SA-SUPERMAN IS..Superman Prime One Million..his strength is limitless: W/O a doubt..

#24 Edited by Night4345 (5816 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone from a planet in the same cluster Krypton was in that is buffer than Superman.

#25 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12099 posts) - - Show Bio

Bugs Bunny

#26 Posted by LuisEscobar (91 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman.

#27 Posted by rd1027 (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor

#28 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

Chewforce Batman

#29 Posted by baneofdemon22 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Age Superman strongest there is.

#30 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (12099 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman.

Not really, not even close. Superman almost destroyed the Multiverse by flying too fast

#31 Edited by HeavenlyDarkDragon (312 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe there's a more powerful version of Superman than that of the silver-age.

Even the New 52 Superman doesn't come close to those levels of power. In a way it's good but in another hand it isn't that great.

The thing I liked more about the silver age Superman was that he found new ways to make himself more powerful, has his enemies grew in number and power so he did what he had to do to make himself more powerful. True that the writers went overboard, and simply made him so powerful that for the exception of kriptonite he was pratically invincible. He was able to travel so fast that he broke the boundaries of the universe, broke through dimension planes and almost reached The Divine. He could do pretty much anything, and that was the bad part, were things collapsed altogether.

Yes he should evolve and become better, but not to the point were the writers are left with little room to maneuver. And that's were writers have been failing completely, all more recent versions of Superman are frozen characters. He doesn't improve himself, he doesn't learn from past mistakes.

It's almost like since the silver age, writers got so afraid to improve him that even the slightest of changes are in most cases a one time deal.

#32 Edited by Deadpo0l (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins

#33 Posted by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

The One Above All, The Living Tribunal, The Spectre, Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Galactus, Eternity, Lucifer Morningstar, The Presence, The Great Evil Beast, Thanos with the Heart of The Universe, Kami Tenchi and a shitload of other characters. Pre-Crisis Superman isn't that powerful when you compare him against all the characters that exist in fiction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.