Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Who is stronger: Silver Age Superman or All-Star Superman

Darthtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darthtravis

If this has been done before, I apologize and will gladly read those responses and the Mod can delete this topic.  I have a feeling SA Kal is still more powerful, but I wanted to see what the Viners had to say about the issue.  

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

I think SA is stronger. His feats are just ridiculous. 

TheFallenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheFallenOne
    @Darthtravis said:
    "If this has been done before, I apologize and will gladly read those responses and the Mod can delete this topic.  I have a feeling SA Kal is still more powerful, but I wanted to see what the Viners had to say about the issue.   "

Mate don't listen all those Hypes about All Star Supes. SA Supes is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. Actually current Supes is >>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. I'll give you a longed explanation on this later. Anyway the reason for my statement is that AS Supes doesn't have nor feats nor statements which put him on that level (same for the level of current Supes). YOu can see it by yourself if you check respect threads on KMC.
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @TheFallenOne said:
    "Mate don't listen all those Hypes about All Star Supes. SA Supes is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. Actually current Supes is >>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. I'll give you a longed explanation on this later. Anyway the reason for my statement is that AS Supes doesn't have nor feats nor statements which put him on that level (same for the level of current Supes). YOu can see it by yourself if you check respect threads on KMC. "
    QFT!  200 quintillion tons < 2 sextillion tons (1/3 earth) < weight of multiple planets in a harness.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson
    @ssejllenrad said:
    " @TheFallenOne said:
    "Mate don't listen all those Hypes about All Star Supes. SA Supes is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. Actually current Supes is >>>>>>>>>> All Star Supes. I'll give you a longed explanation on this later. Anyway the reason for my statement is that AS Supes doesn't have nor feats nor statements which put him on that level (same for the level of current Supes). YOu can see it by yourself if you check respect threads on KMC. "
    QFT!  200 quintillion tons < 2 sextillion tons (1/3 earth) < weight of multiple planets in a harness. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

WTF!!???? 

Current Supes is far above All Star Superman,  

Silver Age Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Current Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All Star Superman

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

Silver Age Superman is way more powerful.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

I think Silver Age is stronger.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valtot
    @Darthtravis:
    silver age superman was more powerful by a long shot but all star superman had the potential to be more powerful and did enter that level as shown when the future him came back to meet him from the 4500 century, all star superman just had like basically unlimited evolving potential and keeps evolving as shown with his future selves while silver age superman was at a set level but with lots of plot device powers- hope that answers your question
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All Star Superman is the Gold Superman

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Silver Age

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I believe SA Superman is stronger, that and the fact he can make up powers for nearly any situation. 

No Caption Provided
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By majestic99

Silver Age Superman>>>>>All Star Superman

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungThriller

Silver age superman is tooo much to be compared to.His powers were made for the plot,instead of the plot being made around him.He could make powers up,and his powers were unlimited.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By majestic99

@Darthtravis said:

If this has been done before, I apologize and will gladly read those responses and the Mod can delete this topic. I have a feeling SA Kal is still more powerful, but I wanted to see what the Viners had to say about the issue.

Truly infinite power levels of Flight, Invulnerability, Strength and Speed (faster than light) which were all based on his body's ability to absorb, process and store yellow sun radiation in some way to allow him to do these feats. He would lose all of his powers under the presence of a red sun such as his native Krypton star in short period of time, but as show in other stories, under an orange sun he retains all powers at half levels and under a blue sun his power levels are doubled and more. It was noted in one story that a blue sun would give an earthling the same solar based powers as Kal-El.

Superman can fly across the universe to distant galaxies and distant planets in other solar systems through space warps and is known to fly across the solar system in no time mostly to get his mind off things.

The Earth-One Superman's physical abilities included Heat Vision, Telescopic Vision, Microscopic Vision, X-Ray Vision, Super Breath, Super Ventriloquism, Super Hypnotism. All of these powers were infinitely powered as well, as noted in a story published in Feb 1961, one of his super sneezes literally destroys an entire distant solar system.

As long as the Earth-One Superman is charged under a yellow sun, he doesn't need to eat, breathe, or sleep. He is also impervious to extreme heat and cold. Able to survive indefinitely in a vacuum in a yellow sun system.

The only true limitations to his power levels were Kryptonite and powerful magics. Psionics could also effect him but unless done quickly Superman's superconcentration would overcome most enemies who used mind control techniques on him, same as did magic forms that did not immediately immobilize him whereby he would move out of their range of effectiveness.

Abilities

Brilliant scientist and inventor, especially in robotics. Appears to speak every known language on Earth as well as several alien languages. Photographic memory.

Strength level

"More powerful than a locomotive" doesn't begin to cover it. He has been known to easily move planets from one solar system to another barehanded, to other times he has thrown planets to vast distances of the universe, outmuscle black holes, and once in a battle with one of his descendants altered the course of the space-time continuum. He was capable of moving 11 planets with his own strength. He can exceed one million tons effortlessly.

Weaknesses

Magic, kryptonite, and red sun radiation.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By majestic99

@Darthtravis:

Silver Age:

Destroying A Solar System with a Sneeze

No Caption Provided

Effortlessly towing over a dozen planets:

No Caption Provided

Blowing the Earth back into orbit:

No Caption Provided

All Star Superman:

Lifting 200 quintillion tons:

No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @OmegaDynasty said:
    I believe SA Superman is stronger, that and the fact he can make up powers for nearly any situation. 

No Caption Provided
    LMAO 

I literally spit my drink when I saw this.......the guy with the camera is the only person making any sense there
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By majestic99

@cattlebattle said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

No Caption Provided
    LMAO I literally spit my drink when I saw this.......the guy with the camera is the only person making any sense there

LMFAO. This is priceless!!

Avatar image for jdc_1959_delete
    JDC_1959_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JDC_1959_delete

It's pretty much unanimous, SA Superman is ridiculously stronger. By the way, would anyone happen to have the image in which the "Current Superman" carried 1/3 of the earth? (Aided by WW & Jonn)

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Calvin

All Star Superman, the Gold One, if you got to ask you haven't read it!

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By majestic99

Doesn't All Star Superman even have any other "strength" feats other than lifting 200 quintillion tons?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

Silver Age by a massive landslide.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.