Ok so to day i saw a picture of spider man as a blue lantern and that made a lot of sence then i got to thinking what lantern coulr would superman be as well as other charaters. So what colur of ring would superman be.
Whitch lantern would he be.
He could be a number of different rings, actually. He exhibits strong signs of compassion, hope, and will.
- However, Indigo Lanterns clearly don't have their priorities straight and they suck, so I wouldn't want him on there side.
- He would be a great fit for hope, and I can definitely see them making an else worlds story for him being Saint Kal-El, but their power's are really dull since they dont work unless a GL is around. Plus, they're also sort of pacifist's which wouldn't work out for Clark since he's always effing sheet up in the name of Truth, Justice, and The American Way.
- There have been numerous stories of him being a GL, so we know he'd be a good GL.
But also, you have to take into account the characteristics that aren't really highlighted. AKA these will NEVER happen OR they could be good else world's stories (take note DC, I'm coming for you).
- Depending on the villain he's facing, such as a small time crook or a weakened adversary, plus the anger he's exhibiting, he could force great fear within his opponents which would make him viable for the yellow ring, possibly a good fit for Ultraman.
- Then there's also his anger. Get superman mad enough and his rage is a force to be reckoned with. Say an enemy actually successfully killed Lois Lane infront of Superman. Surely he's going to get ANGRY. I think his rage will be great enough to attract a floating Red Lantern ring and turn him in a rage head.
I don't really think he could be an Orange Lantern or a Star Sapphire...but that's my thoughts on what ring Superman could have both realistically and elseworld.
@Gambit1024: Indeed he would be a Blue Lantern. He inspires in life and in death. The hope he gives is eternal no matter who the S shield is being worn by or not even worn at all. On the plus side the Justice League would have used up the whole "Big Blue Boyscout" joke by then.
@ArturoCalaKayVee: I don't think he could be indigo. I thought those are people who don't normally feel compassion without the ring. (Don't ask me how Kyle got one).
It's still unknown how Kyle got one but that's what we're going to find out in the New Guardians book. Both Ray Palmer and John Stewart were Deputy Indigo Lantern's for their compassion so I don't think that's true. I know the Indigo tribe can, somewhat, force their rings onto people who have no compassion and then make them...like...brainwashed?
Hard to say really. Of the five "good" corps (White, blue, Indigo, Green, Star Sapphire), it almost seems he would be worthy of carrying all five of those at once. The likeliest though is Blue no doubt...but Indigo I say runs a close second.
Blue or Green, but most likely Green. Superman aint no pacifist
I would agree, but Blue works because of his normal M.O. He will fight when he needs to and still has his normal powers. Also lets not forget it would be great in JLA comics when he is next to a green lantern.
Blue. Superman inspires more hope than almost any other superhero. Dick Grayson and Steve Rogers would also make excellent Blue Lanterns.
I prefer him as a Blue Lantern opposed to a GL but either work.
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.