Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Which season(s) of Smallville did you hate the most?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AwesomePerson

Poll Which season(s) of Smallville did you hate the most? (36 votes)

Season 1 0%
    Season 2 0%
    Season 3 0%
    Season 4 11%
    Season 5 11%
    Season 6 11%
    Season 7 25%
    Season 8 33%
    Season 9 8%
    Season 10 19%

Exactly what the title says!

• 
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Season 7 was absolute garbage. Season 8 wasn't very good either. I wasn't much of a fan of season 4 either, but it doesn't reach the same levels of awful that 7 and 8 did.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

season 8 was pretty bad because of a certain villian that shall not be mentioned

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Just why? Firstly to me hate is really strong so i don't hate any of them, could a few of them have been better, sure but i don't hate any of them. Secondly leave your hate in the past it's been three years since it's ended, look at what came out of it...Smallville season 11 and the following stories- alien,lantern,chaos etc... are awesome! take everything you thought negative about the show convert that to positive and then multiply that by 5 that's how good the digital comic has been and consistently, it's really underrated..smh. Do check it out.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: I actually liked Season 11, which is why I didn't include it. Secondly, I don't hate SV, I just have a huge dislike towards it... Other people hate SV and I just want to know other peoples opinion...

Is that wrong?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will just say that I enjoyed Season 9 the most.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I like about Smallville is the replica blur jacket I own.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate is a too strong word I guess… Anyway, the most I dislike 6 and 7 seasons – 6 season was simply waste of time, 7-th season, on the other hand, was atrocious.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head...season 10. I don't even remember much about it, and i'm sure I liked some episodes, it's just I know that the series finale was the worst 2 hours of television I have ever seen. However, if it weren't for the finale, then I would definitely choose season 8. It's just consistent trash. Seasons 6 and 7 are trash as well but they gave us episodes like Descent and Justice, so they're spared lol

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 and 10 were equally horrible.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 is easily my least favorite

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I can never remember individual seasons. Like the show as a whole though.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

4 and 8.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By t_hench

Was a big fan of the early seasons but lost interest after 5. So I have to say 5 lol. Saw random episodes after that here and there, liked them even less, with the exception of that 2 parter with the JSA.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I didn't hate any of them

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

season 8 was pretty bad because of a certain villian that shall not be mentioned

Doomsday?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Superguy1591

I stopped watching after season 4, but season 10 was when I returned because they promised me Superman.

Lying focks. Season 10 can suck my bowls.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By AllStarSuperman

8 is easily my least favorite

This Doomsday was made of cardboard. His actor was annoying. The whole Hulk/Banner dynamic was sucky. And everything was so dark it was hard to literally see what was going on.

Hate is a too strong word I guess… Anyway, the most I dislike 6 and 7 seasons – 6 season was simply waste of time, 7-th season, on the other hand, was atrocious.

Nah, it introduced Green Arrow so I like it. I am actually rewatching the show right now and I am on 6.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Nah, it introduced Green Arrow so I like it. I am actually rewatching the show right now and I am on 6.

Considering that Smallville was supposed to be the TV-series about young Clark Kent and his journey to becoming Superman, I rest my case. In 6-th season he was secondary character at best; all others were minding their own business and just from time to time interacted with him. You can just cut Clark from entire season, put screen with “in this season Clark was trying to deal with Zoners, got his a… handed to him/looked like idiot on regular basis, angsted about Lana, killed Titan in fight and lost first round to Bizarro” – and it will not change much this season (you may not agree, but this is my impression after watching and re-watching it).

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the seasons after Clark became an adult. Imo the show had the best Superman origin ever and they really butchered that. It irritates the heck out of me how MoS didn't take notes. They made John into a terrible father and Clark into Jesus.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By infantfinite128

I love Smallville, but season 7 was easily the worst. Wasn't there a writer's strike at the time? I don't remember the whole season being bad though. Season 8 had a very disappointing season finale, but the season was great, and it had the best written Doomsday ever. Doomsday is an awful character in the comics, so they didn't have to do much to make him better, but they actually did a fantastic job with him!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Season 8 was the one I hate the most. but Season 1 is the worst done. Its astounding how the show went on after that. It had no direction at all.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By buttersdaman000

I HATE LANA!!!!

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville's fourth season was ridiculous, it was as if they were trying to win the Buffy and Charmed crowd at the time, the best thing about that was the inclusion of Lois and the finale finally began pushing everyone into the more familiar situations from the comics, but above all of that it was a waste. Season Six was another pedestrian affair and they were clearly more interested in Oliver and sowing the seeds for the JL than Clark, I liked series seven and eight, nine and ten were below-par, but were salvaged more because of how great Lois and Clark's gradual build as a couple was

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season four was when things started going down hill, real fast.

It started up great, with Clark flying for the first time but by the end of that first episode, he was "grounded" again.

The serie started to show a lot of contradictions, from what should happen and was happening at the time.

It was clear has water that if Martha Kent didn't shut down Clark's kriptonian persona, that he would have had the skills and powers to locate and retrieve all the power stones. But no. They had to make him less powerful and make him face witches and meteor freaks all over again.

From season 4 on to the other seasons Clark's inability to move on and see things has they were, got really tiresome real fast.

From season 4 I started to see that all I'd hopped the serie would come to be, was not gonna happen. They copied to much things from Superman The Movie and stretch out many things that should have been dealt with in one move.

Each season had basically three important episodes and all the rest were just fillers, the first episode and the last two of each season, from the 4th to the 10th season.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
    xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 8 was dog sh!t.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
    deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10,9 and 8.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.