Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Which New 52 Superman title do you prefer?

Extremis_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My choices are Action Comics, Superman and the latest Superman Unchained. I already drop the Action Comics after he got his New 52 suit and I'm also planning on dropping the New 52 Superman(is it a good Idea?), I'm liking the Unchained and still following the New 52 JL but I'm kinda worried about the Character development of Superman, should I expect it in Unchained or continue reading the New 52 Supes? My budget is limited for 4 comics, The title I use to get regularly are Marvel Now Thor, New 52 JL, New 52 GL & I'm choosing between New 52 Superman and Unchained, I might also grab the New 52 Batman and Superman, maybe I can work 5 comics for my budget. Which title have the best possibility(Character development Category) for Superman?

Thanks!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PeppeyHare

New 52 Superman title is awful IMO . Stick with unchained or start picking up action comics next month when Greg Pak takes over

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Currently or overall? Overall Morrison's awesome run on Action Comis bringing back the social crusader from the Golden Age and the sci fi craziness of the Silver Age in a modern setting has been one of the most compelling runs on Superman for a while. As for currently, Unchained is really looking set to be the best Superman title at the moment. Lobdell is ruining Action Comics and Superman so until Greg Pak shows us what he can do on Action Comics, Unchained is the best Superman family book out there.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If you're limited I'd say Unchained for the time being, however Superman is about to switch story arcs so who knows... Might get better, might not. I don't mind Superman personally but Unchained is definitely the better title.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like them all,none are done the same way,all are unique,save your money,sell your blood,go mow someone's grass,get a paper route,but buy all of them

Superman

Action comics

Superman unchained

Batman/superman

Superman/wonder woman

JL

Adventures of superman

Justice league beyond

Injustice gods among us

Smallville

JL 3000 (soon)

Earth 2 ( for a brainwashed evil superman)

Go to college kids,get a good paying job so you can buy your comics.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

If your money is limited, than I suggest Superman Unchained and Action Comics (when Pak would became author). Also Batman/Superman not bad at all.

@stephens2177:

save your money,sell your blood,go mow someone's grass,get a paper route,but buy all of them

Heh, actually nearly quarter (or sometimes third) of my payment does into this titles. Transocean delivery isn’t cheap these days. Thank Rao for digital comics!

P.S. I didn't hear about JL 3000. Where is Legion of Superheroes in that time? Will be current Supes in that L, or just his descendant?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By SaintWildcard

I love them all, I buy Action, Superman, Unchained, Batman/SM, Smallville (trades), Wonder Woman/SM, Adventures.

@stephens2177 said:

I like them all,none are done the same way,all are unique,save your money,sell your blood,go mow someone's grass,get a paper route,but buy all of them

Superman

Action comics

Superman unchained

Batman/superman

Superman/wonder woman

JL

Adventures of superman

Justice league beyond

Injustice gods among us

Smallville

JL 3000 (soon)

Earth 2 ( for a brainwashed evil superman)

Go to college kids,get a good paying job so you can buy your comics.

I plan on going back to college and the thought of dropping any of my titles makes me sick. Im saving up money now so I dont have to drop them for the next 4 years.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toptom

while the superman title is not nearly as bad as people say ( it is in a better shape now than in years) the best title that regards Supes is probably Batman/Superman followed closely by S. unchained.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeremy1989

The Adventures of Superman

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Batman/superman

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was good at first but its terrible now.

My favorite is Superman Unchained

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
    turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

wait for pak. if you really want your superman fix, get unchained.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.