Where to start for a newbie ?

#1 Posted by ShiftyAu (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I am reading batman and loving it, I am also interested in superman. I got the new action trade that is the first 8 of the new 52 is this a good place to start. What else is worth a read?

#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

obviously with the new 52, grant morrison's run on action comics has just been released as a hard back but i would also recommend some stand alone trades such as All-Star Superman, godfall, red son, birthright, secret origin, and all of geoff johns stuff specifically up up and away, escape from bizzaro world and last son

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is also good.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShiftyAu: New 52 - Superboy , red hood and the outlaws, justice league, nightwing, aquaman,and teen titans. Allsoo starting in superman number 0 in seotember scott lobdell and kenneth rocafort will be on that title so make sure to cheack that out. Also earth 2 is pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.