When will Lex Luthor return?

#1 Posted by Hemen (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor made has only appeared on Action Comics. He hasnt appeared on the new 52 in the current timeline.

So my question is when do you guys think Luthor will return again to the current storyline and how do you think how his personality will be when he have done so?

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't any time soon unless "Superman" gets better. I also await Steel's return.

#3 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're delaying it for some big event, sort of like what they're doing with the joker.

#4 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

I think they're delaying it for some big event, sort of like what they're doing with the joker.

#5 Posted by polo327 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he appeared in Teen Titans #1, it could have been accidental but if not it at least confirms that he's still around in the current timeline.

#6 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

The writers of Superman are very constricted by Grant Morrison on Action Comics, who basically has dibs on all classic Superman villains. They can't be sure if Morrison has further plans with Lex that may contradict what they plan to write.

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

He should take a break and they should focus on other Superman villains.

#8 Posted by SuperJimmy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Scott lodbell said in the comic-con superman panel that he didn't have a plan for lex luthor initially when he did the 25 page proposal. Once he got the job, he has figured out a way to bring lex back, and that literally brought anxiety to the hall of DC. lex is going to come back with some new aspects we have never seen before, and I think it's gonna be much like the return of joker, only a bit bigger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.