Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Whats the deal with kryptonite?

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kryptonite is a huge weakness of superman and other kryptonians. Kryptonite is the left over remains of the planet krypton that have gone through a radiation field correct? If this is true than how does every household name in DC obtain such a rare commodity? People like Bats and Lex obtain it because they are super rich, but how do people such as the joker, and other non rich villains obtain it?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They either find it or steal it.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueKing95

@arturocalakayvee: I was thinking where would you just find a piece of a broken planet from a different solar system that happened to go through a radiation field.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@trueking95: They explain it quite well in the comics. Debris or meteorite size chucks fall into Earths atmosphere and land on the planet.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SanoHibiki

How much of Kryptonite got on Earth in New-52 are still remain to be seen, but in Pre-New-52 it was rather common and widespread, so…

No Caption Provided

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much of Kryptonite got on Earth in New-52 are still remain to be seen, but in Pre-New-52 it was rather common and widespread, so…

No Caption Provided

@trueking95: They explain it quite well in the comics. Debris or meteorite size chucks fall into Earths atmosphere and land on the planet.

It just never made much sense to me that chunks from a blown up planet in a different solar system somehow found its way to earth, but i guess thats comics. lol

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor with all his incredible knowledge and remarkable intelligence should be able to cook synthetic Kryptonite and kill Superman with it in my opinion. It would be fun if they made a story where Lex starts peddling kryptonite to Superman's enemies and then at some point there would be so much Kryptonite in the world that Superman could no longer live on earth

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

During the post crisis there really was a lot of kryptonite I agree, but there was also that kryptonite meteor that fell during the time luthor was the president.

But now in the New 52 the "CLAIM" that there are only a few places you can find kryptonite:

1. Mettalo's power source ( which was used by Ultra Man, which means it no longer exists )

2. The kryptonite Luthor has ( Also taken by Ultra Man, which means it no longer exists )

3. Kryptonite man, I mean he is made out of it

4. Batman's little ring

5. That big piece Fire Storm made for Amanda Waller

And that should be it. I mean the Crime Syndicate confirmed that there is no more green K on our heroes earth.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

there would be so much Kryptonite in the world that Superman could no longer live on earth

That was already done and dealt with.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchiZoom

@sanohibiki: How did Superman get out of that predicament?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

@sanohibiki: How did Superman get out of that predicament?

Hiro Okamura released his miniature robotic spiders into atmosphere. Self-replicating, they’re build enough of themselves to clean Earth’s atmosphere from Kryptonite within an hour.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: this technology nonsense puts me off like I can't even tell, characters like Hiro Okamura should use their intelligence more fruitfully in my opinion

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

Cleaning alien radioactive mineral (harmful to people in the long run) from the atmosphere – that counts as productive use of Hiro’s intellect IMO (plus he got reward for his good deed).

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchiZoom

@sanohibiki: well of course but I mean in the long run they misuse their intelligence being that even with so many of these exceptional individuals in the world, all of the planet's pressing problems remain unresolved. This child can single handedly build a self replicating nano machine yet people still die from aids. Hiro is a deus ex machina in the form of a human being pretty much. Writers use these technological miracles so wildly that sometimes I think I need to go get a PhD in computer science to make some sense out of some of these comic books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonite can be synthesized. Anyone can literally make as much kryptonite as they want to. I'm surprised more people don't have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.