Whats the best superman storie ?

#1 Posted by bamaboykmb (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just read All-Star Superman vol. 1 and I was wandering what should I read next?

#2 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

not to be a smart a$$ but...All-Star Superman vol.2, then there so many others like birthright,kingdom come...basically all the elseworlds and non cannon stuff then theres For Tommorow and alot of others.

#3 Posted by coolguyr99 (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

You should try Earth One, Red Son, Brainiac & Secret Identity.

#4 Posted by NewKid (404 posts) - - Show Bio

def Superman For All Seasons, agree with Red Son and both All-Star volumes, i also found Luthor pretty good, focuses more on Lex than Superman though.

another one that's very highly praised, though i'm personally not crazy about it is Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

:)

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3964 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite it still Earth One. Followed by All Star, do check out Red Son and Secret origins as well.

#6 Posted by sinestro_GL (3500 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire New Krypton saga...

#7 Posted by comicdude23 (11904 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come.

#8 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

The story i got my screen name from "For the man who has everything" It's Superman (Volume 1) Annual #11. Not sure if it's in any trades. Done by "The Watchmen" team of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Superman is odd in that all his best stories come from mini/maxi series and graphic novels. I'd also recommend "Secret Identity" by Kurt Busiek and Staurt Immonen(sp?) Even though technically, that's not Superman.

#9 Posted by NewKid (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything: 'for the man who has everything' is collected in the 'whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?' trade, alongside the superman/swamp thing crossover that alan moore wrote. a good collection :)

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (18230 posts) - - Show Bio

Birthright, Red Son, For Tomorrow, Secret Origin.

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21662 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannon or not cannon? Because most of the critically acclaim Superman stories are elsewhere's.

#12 Posted by jonEsherfey (500 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come, Red Son, What Ever Happened to the Man of Tommorow, For the Man Who Has Everything. Check out Dc Universe Storys of Alan Moore Has great ones including Superman

#13 Posted by Twentyfive (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll not spoil anything, but read Red Son. Holy lord man. That is imo THE best Superman story ever. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that Lex Luthor has never been more badass in any comic book ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.