Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What would New 52 Superman do ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so in this scenario a alien attack has hit the earth and fought everyone off guard. In metropolis Lois Lane is under attack by an alien swarm. Meanwhile Wonder Woman is fighting off another alien swarm while trying to save a bus filled with innocent lives. Both things are happening at the same time and no matter what superman can only save one. Who does he save.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

The right answer is all.
    Superman is the one that makes the impossible possible. He wouldn't choose someone, he would try to save everyone.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Ahh if I could post pictures on the ipad you would get a thumbs up.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman
    @squalleon said:

The right answer is all.

Superman is the one that makes the impossible possible. He wouldn't choose someone, he would try to save everyone.

This but if you force us to make a choice then that depends really. The writer would choose the darker one. Modern writers have a tendency to try and dirty him up or make him look less like a boyscout. If he chooses Lois then they write it like he's being selfish and ignores the greater good. If he chooses the people then he's harsh, cold abandoning his greatest love. It would be written in darker light as opposed to how they would have written him. Before it would be If he chose Lois then that would be him trusting in WW abilities to handle things on her own so he can save his love. If he chooses the people then it would be Superman is such a hero that he would break his own heart for the greater good. Something like that but worded better.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@dernman said:
    @squalleon said:

The right answer is all.

This but if you force us to make a choice then that depends really. The writer would choose the darker one. Modern writers have a tendency to try and dirty him up or make him look less like a boyscout. If he chooses Lois then they write it like he's being selfish and ignores the greater good. If he chooses the people then he's harsh, cold abandoning his greatest love. It would be written in darker light as opposed to how they would have written him. Before it would be If he chose Lois then that would be him trusting in WW abilities to handle things on her to save his love. If he chooses the people then it would be Superman is such a hero that he would break his own heart for the greater good. Something like that but in better worded better.

It breaks my heart how right you are :-(

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Wonder Woman can't deal with the aliens and save the kids? I think under most circumstances she would have that under control, no problem. In character, I think Superman would actually trust Wonder Woman to be a competent enough hero to save a bus.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would split himself into Superman Red and Superman Blue and help both…

Jokes aside, I find original conditions a bit unfair. If second group of aliens doesn’t include a Big Boss (like Mongul or someone on similar level), I fairly sure that Diana would perfectly capable to handle all this on her own and Clark could safely concentrate on saving Lois.

Now, if by default conditions there is no Di fighting off the second group and Clark can’t pull of a miracle out of his cape, then I go with principle “lesser evil – greater good”.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.