What would happen if Superman was near a different colored sun?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking Superman gets his powers from Earth's yellow sun. So what were to happen if Superman were exposed to a different colored sun?

#2 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Mike28 said:
"I was thinking Superman gets his powers from Earth's yellow sun. So what were to happen if Superman were exposed to a different colored sun?"

Yellow Sun = Energy! Red Sun = Drains Energy! not sure how many different colourd suns are out there, but you do the match :-)
#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, gives him extra abilities, Like Superman Vision. The younger the sun, the more powerful he will become.

#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

There are green stars, no seriously there are freaking green suns.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23395 posts) - - Show Bio

The youngest possible star would be a white star *not dead white dwarves, living stars that are so hot that they become white*.  The oldest are black *black dwarves, what dead white dwarves become after they cool off*.  A black dwarf would do nothing to superman as they emit zero energy. 

#7 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"The youngest possible star would be a white star *not dead white dwarves, living stars that are so hot that they become white*.  The oldest are black *black dwarves, what dead white dwarves become after they cool off*.  A black dwarf would do nothing to superman as they emit zero energy. "
would F'ing annihilate Superman, the gravity.
#8 Posted by Thor-El (30 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I think this is the scale

Black=Death, Red=Human, Orange to Yellow=Super, Green to Blue=Superman vision added, White=God???

I believe Kryptonians need solar enery and that is why they die from a black dwarf, plus the gravity is so great that it would probably suck him into it if he got to close to it. The White stars are a mystery. With so much enery and light being given off I don't know what would happen to a Kryptonian  but I would guess that is why the Prime Superman  from DC  Million is so strong, in my opinion only.

#9 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

How fast will his powers fade when he comes into contact with a different star. What happens if he's in a part of space without any stars? How close does he need to be to the system to benefit? What about a system with both a red and yellow star, will he still benefit from the yellow one?

#10 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. He has a small storage system, no where near Doomsdays, but it could last possible a few days, maybe even weeks.
  2. The suns rays travel long distances so it all depends on that if the reach his body.
  3. I think he's a half power if close to both red & yellow stars.
#11 Posted by Thor-El (30 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman were near both a red and yellow star it would be as if he were near an orange star. His powers would be weaker then on Earth but still higher then human.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (222790 posts) - - Show Bio
The Blue Sun gives him extra powers... a White Sun would probably make him Superman Prime One Million
#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.