Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What was the point of Superman/Wonder Woman #7?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously! What was the point? Nothing happened in the issue, at all. When I got to the page that said "To be continued in Superman #30" I at first thought this was one of those things where they do a couple pages then do the credits then do the majority of the issue, but then I read what it said and realized it was the end. (I was reading it digitally.) Does anyone think anything drastically different from what I have observed?

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...mmm...doomsday?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What should have happened? This issue wrapped first arc of SM/WW, shown us how they survived nuclear blast, brought together several plotlines from Wonder Woman and Superman’ titles (her being the new Goddess of War, phantoms from AC), Clark and Diana finally got some peace and relaxation moment (I remember many complaints that “there only action and zero moments just for the couple”) and, of course, we saw glimpses of what DD was up to in meanwhile. All in all, this is a “bridge” issue which would continue in SM #30 and then in SM: Doomed.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@sanohibiki: How they survived can guess from the last issue.I thought Superman will fight Doomsday, but this has not happened.I think, he even don't knows about Doomsday. This series is meaningless.This comic shows how weak Superman and that he can not win his enemy.Before reboot and in the Man of Steel, Superman defeated Zod, but in the New 52 he is unable to defeat him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

As someone who is no longer a fan of the series I don't think there is a problem. At least with "nothing happening" that is. Not every issue has to be battle, action, smash, fight fight fight.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

@beautifultemptress:

How they survived can guess from the last issue.

Dubious point. If we didn’t know beforehand that DC wouldn’t kill off Clark and Diana without some global event, last page from SM/WW #6 might have indicated that they were killed in explosion (Supes’ dead man-like appearance certainly suggested that).

I thought Superman will fight Doomsday, but this has not happened.

Why did you think that? We KNOW this wouldn’t happen before Superman: Doomed in May.

I think, he even don't knows about Doomsday.

What do you mean? He doesn’t know that DD is freed from Phantom Zone, all he knows is the DD’s existence and its destructive potential.

This series is meaningless.

Not any more meaningless than any series with Superman in it.

This comic shows how weak Superman and that he can not win his enemy.Before reboot and in the Man of Steel, Superman defeated Zod, but in the New 52 he is unable to defeat him.

So what? (Shrugs) In MOS’ case – I’m supporting theory that Zod practically blackmailed Clark into killing him (all possibility of restoring Krypton was lost, his crew was cut from him, all in all he no longer had anything to live for).

In Pre-52 – victory was going back and forth; in some issues Superman easily dealt with his rogues, in other issues the very same rogues prevailed over him. And by the way, Superman/Wonder Woman BEAT Zod/Faora – it was Apollo’s intervention which turned tables. I don’t see how it making Superman weak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.