Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What on earth...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

....was that gun firing, in Superman Unchained ~2. I mean it causes Superman to bleed pretty badly, which surprises me, given that Superman is usually almost totally invulnerable (he didn't bleed when that giant wrecking ball knocked him through a building earlier in the story). So, is he also weak to Black hole laser type guns owned by the army. Are Superman fans comfortable with this degree of vulnerability?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By toptom

yes, i am comfortable with it since that weapon was just exploiting one of the superman's weaknesses: the dependency from the suns' light. It is not like they were so strong to hurt him, without creating that "light vacuum".

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Considering that up until now, Lane has revealed that Wraith and whatever technology he had or helped create, has aided the U.S. throughout the years. Considering that Wraith seems to be wildly more powerful than Clark, it's not a stretch to say that the tech he supposedly helped build would be able to harm Clark as it was probably built in order to handle threats of that caliber if Wraith failed.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SanoHibiki

Alien tech was long ago stated as capable hurting Superman, this ‘black hole’-weapons looks like reversed alien tech courtesy of Wraith, so nothing really new here.

And did you read 3 issue of S U ? Spoiler alert –

In the beginning of 3 issue he already healed, wiped blood, stand up and went to crush several military vehicles. He may be looking a little dazed, but physically hurting – no.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Bezza

Alien tech was long ago stated as capable hurting Superman, this ‘black hole’-weapons looks like reversed alien tech courtesy of Wraith, so nothing really new here.

And did you read 3 issue of S U ? Spoiler alert –

In the beginning of 3 issue he already healed, wiped blood, stand up and went to crush several military vehicles. He may be looking a little dazed, but physically hurting – no.

I'm an issue behind. Can only afford certain number of comics a week and having switched to this from Batman/Superman, its gonna take me a while to catch up. Great series so far.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Good reading to you then.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

I have a bigger issue with the writer's knowledge of geography. Still -- I was surprised to see Superman bleeding but considering they have Wraith, coming up with weapons that can at the very least, injure him isn't too far-fetched an idea.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It wasn't so strange because Lane said that Wraith has helped them a lot through the years and so the army might be able to have such weapons.If he helped them create weapon that can hurt Superman or even him.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@toplel: His name's Superboy Prime.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.