Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What makes Superman the best leader in DC

• 57 results
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Clearly he is the best leader, but why? What is it about Superman that makes him the best leader? And let's not try and bash other characters in the process.

For example, in Kingdom Come Wonder Woman practically begs Superman to return to the Justice League.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By frozen  Moderator

One of the best leaders I should say.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frozen: He is not. Nightwing is the best leader.

nerosmoke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: night wing is olny a good leader becouse batman trained him batman>superman never forget

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who said he was the best leader ?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman are both the best leaders but different reasons if you want someone to make a plan and give you the greatest chance of victory than Batman is your boy but if your looking for some one to lead the charge into a battle inspireing everyone to continue fighting than its Superman you want

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Batman and Superman are both the best leaders but different reasons if you want someone to make a plan and give you the greatest chance of victory than Batman is your boy but if your looking for some one to lead the charge into a battle inspireing everyone to continue fighting than its Superman you want

I concur.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His unshakable moral code is one. He can also see the best in people and encourage them. As smart as Batman is, he can come off as a little stand-offish and piss off his team-mates with his no nonsense attitude.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: agreed and thank you for not just calling Batman a dick to many people misinterpret his blant attitude as him being intensely crual or mean spirited

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

John Stewart's analysis of both Superman and Batman as leaders in comparison to Black Canary provides an interesting contrast between their strengths and weaknesses as leaders.

No Caption Provided

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason people like superman as leader because he's sociable (unlike batman), is strong, and has appears to be morally good.

If your charismatic people will pick you as a leader no matter how corrupt, or evil your personality is ~ Albert Eisntein.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Arrow

@nerosmoke1 said:

@black_arrow: night wing is olny a good leader becouse batman trained him batman>superman never forget

Nightwing can be sociable like Superman and tactical like Batman that is why he stomps both as leaders.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Aquaman>Batman>Superman.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aquaman>Batman>Superman.

this.Bruce and Arthur are debatable.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

John Stewart's analysis of both Superman and Batman as leaders in comparison to Black Canary provides an interesting contrast between their strengths and weaknesses as leaders.

No Caption Provided

This.

The best leader in pre 52 dcu is Nightwing, I think it was mentioned more than once, I could be wrong though. Since he was a teen he was the leader of various teams(Teen Titans,Titans,Outsiders even the JLA). He has the best traits of Batman AND Superman. He inspires his comrades since he sees them as a family but he also has a great tactical mind ready to take some risks.

@fallschirmjager said:

Aquaman>Batman>Superman.

this.Bruce and Arthur are debatable.

Laughable...
    Aquaman isn't even in the top 5. And before you say anything give me something that proves he is a good leader NOT A KING (which he struggles most of the time) but a leader capable for the JLA.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By 2cool4fun

@lvenger: That's exactly the reason why I don't think batman should be the leader of JL

Superman should be the leader, cause he is the only hero in DCU that everyone trusts, and would follow to the end.

If not him then either Diana or Arthur, since they are both leaders already and can make as great if not better decisions than batman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: Unfortunately, as is the case in the New 52, Superman isn't trusted by all the world anymore. It's more of a 50/50 thing nowadays it would seem in the New 52 universe. And whilst Batman is inflexible and brooding, he is a brilliant tactician and strategist so it makes partial sense for him to be the leader of the Justice League. It beats DC's Bat obession in the least.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth said:

I concur.

Me too.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I think that Red Hood could eventually be. He's definitely maturing as one.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: iam sorry thats just wrong Nightwing is a good leader but he is just nowhere near the tactical thinker Batman is and he is diffently not awe inspiring like Superman when it comes to leadership Nightwing is more of a jack of all trades while a master of none

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: iam sorry thats just wrong Nightwing is a good leader but he is just nowhere near the tactical thinker Batman is and he is diffently not awe inspiring like Superman when it comes to leadership Nightwing is more of a jack of all trades while a master of none

Bruce believes that he is the right one to lead the League

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Everyone trusts him

No Caption Provided

Batman recognizes him as better than him.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Dont care about that utter nonsense first so what if everyone likes him that is meaningless just becuase people like you dosnt mean they are willing to follow you into battle or see you as a leader and second Batman dosnt talk like that thats just the writers making batman say nonsense

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow

@lordofthenorth said:

@black_arrow: Dont care about that utter nonsense first so what if everyone likes him that is meaningless just becuase people like you dosnt mean they are willing to follow you into battle or see you as a leader and second Batman dosnt talk like that thats just the writers making batman say nonsense

In the second scan I posted you, he convinced every superhero team to do an attack on Trigon so yeah they will follow him into battle.

I can post more scans if you want but I dont think I am going to convince you.

The kind of fan that you are is what makes people hate Batman.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@black_arrow: An your the kind of fan that thinks Dick Greyson is the best at freakin every thing and someho isnt the biggest mary sue of all time and besides if you actualy read my post i said that dick is a good leader he just isnt as good as batamn when it cames to tactics and he isnt as inspiring as Superman which iam sorry no matter what you say they just are. Their is a reason they are the such icons

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Experio

Inspiration is what Supes got.

But Bats is still a better leader.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: An your the kind of fan that thinks Dick Greyson is the best at freakin every thing and someho isnt the biggest mary sue of all time

Not really Batman is my favorite character but I recognize his flaws. I know that Batman stomps Nightwing at a fight, he is more intelligent than Grayson(overall) and He is better with Prep than Nightwing.

But Nightwing is a innate leader and a far better acrobat.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: i agree but my point this whole time has never been that Dicks a bad leader just that his leadership is more of a middle ground between Batman and Superman but much like how Batman and Superman both have advantages and disadvantages to their leadership styles Dicks also has advantages and disadvantages. Since he is more trusting and idealistic he cant remove his emotions completely from the fight which means he will never quite be the chess master Batman is but since he has been trained under Batman he will also never quite be the becon of courge and inspiration that Superman but on the inverse his leadership style also means that people are more trusting of him and they are more likely to go along with his plans

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Black_Arrow

@lordofthenorth said:

@black_arrow: i agree but my point this whole time has never been that Dicks a bad leader just that his leadership is more of a middle ground between Batman and Superman but much like how Batman and Superman both have advantages and disadvantages to their leadership styles Dicks also has advantages and disadvantages. Since he is more trusting and idealistic he cant remove his emotions completely from the fight which means he will never quite be the chess master Batman is but since he has been trained under Batman he will also never quite be the becon of courge and inspiration that Superman but on the inverse his leadership style also means that people are more trusting of him and they are more likely to go along with his plans

I agree with this but I think that sometimes going in the middle is the best.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LordoftheNorth
    ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I don't particularly see Superman as the Leader of the League, I see him as the forefront member. Almost like the most important, he's a good role model for it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

If not him then either Diana or Arthur, since they are both leaders already and can make as great if not better decisions than batman.

There's a difference between being a leader and being a strategist, and no, neither Diana nor Arthur are strategists on par with Batman. If you placed either one of them in some of the situations Batman's had to think his way out of, they'd just curl up and quietly die.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cloudzackvincent

The best strategist doesn't always make the best leader, however neither does a boy scout.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

There's a difference between being a leader and being a strategist, and no, neither Diana nor Arthur are strategists on par with Batman. If you placed either one of them in some of the situations Batman's had to think his way out of, they'd just curl up and quietly die.

Just because he's a strategist does not mean he is a good leader. Being a strategist is literally his only +, he lacks everything else when it comes to being a good leader.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

Just because he's a strategist does not mean he is a good leader. Being a strategist is literally his only +, he lacks everything else when it comes to being a good leader.

You're aware this has nothing to do with what I said?

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kwodam

i dont really think superman and batman are really good leaders.

Superman is a one man army that wants to do everthing him self.

Batman is anti sosiaaal and also thinks hes a one man army.

I think wonder woman aquaman and john steward woot be way greater leaders for the justice league

Aquaman is the king of Atlantis. Hes everday live is leading the ploeple of Atlantis

Wonder woman same story

John Steward has bin in the miltrary he knows command stucher what ploeple limits are and how to use them.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

Yeah sorry misread the first time :/

But they are still better leaders.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kwodam: I think john Stewart would be a great Green Lantern Corps leader, 1000 times better then Hal Jordan.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@2cool4fun said:

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

@saren said:

@2cool4fun said:

Yeah sorry misread the first time :/

But they are still better leaders.

If your definition of leader is someone who can make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, maybe. The teams Batman leads typically don't see as many internal conflicts or civil wars as the teams Wonder Woman and Aquaman have led.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

if I had to choose /my/ favorite leader...it's Dick Grayson

He has a tactical mind close to Batman, unlike Batman, he has social skills however. He has proven to work well solo in his Nightwing career AND has proven to be a very good leader to the Teen Titans, The Outsiders and The Justice League. Not to mention he's a valued member of the Bat Family. You can go to him for advice, for problems, to bounce ideas around and for suggestions.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, this is pretty perfect.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I'm missing the scan where John then says that Dinah is the most tactical combination of Superman's charisma with Batman's strategic mindset but this scan suits the purposes of this thread easily enough.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee: I'm missing the scan where John then says that Dinah is the most tactical combination of Superman's charisma with Batman's strategic mindset but this scan suits the purposes of this thread easily enough.

Yeah, definitely. Do you know what issue that is? I might be able to help you out.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lvenger
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Kudos for having the scan on hand. That run on JLA made me like Black Canary a lot even if she did bite back on the Big 3.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: My definition of a leader is someone like aquaman, someone with a personality of a true king. Not someone half the team does not even trust. And his only good trait is he can make great plans.

I mean yeah cool, he is good at planing, but aquaman is far better at just leading them during a fight. That's why you never see Iron Man leading avengers while Captain America just stands behind.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee: Kudos for having the scan on hand. That run on JLA made me like Black Canary a lot even if she did bite back on the Big 3.

The series definitely made Black Canary a much bigger part of the DCU and it also made me more of a fan of hers. However, her being leader and chairwoman of the JLA never sat right with me. I always feel it should be one of the trinity (but I also never liked the retcon that made Canary a founding member and not Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has killed someone so I wouldn't say its because of his moral code. I would say its because of his strength and the fact that people have trust in him that he will always do the right thing.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ViperKing

Nightwing's the best leader but Superman is one of the top leaders though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.