What is Superman's weakest incarnation?

#1 Edited by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it's Golden Age Superman, JL Season 1 superman, or perhaps one of the movie incarnations.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden Age for sure. JL Season 1 Superman may have been weak, but he had a much more versatile powerset than GA. The movie incarnations were SA ridiculous sometimes. Nowhere near the weakest.

#3 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Golden Age couldn't even fly and use heat vision right? Only real basic stuff right?

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW: Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

It wasn't until a little later he got flight, and I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that all the other stuff like heat vision, super breath, etc. was in the Silver Age

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7730 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really viewed JL/JLU as a weaker version of Supes I mean he still had all his power, just that they never really put him to where his comic level is. Of course naturally, that was pretty much for all the heroes.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Golden Age Superman. JL Superman is way more powerful than that incarnation is.

#7 Posted by PurpleCandy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Fetus Superman

#8 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Golden Age

2. DCAU

3. New 52

#9 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW: New 52 is not so bad now but in Actin Comics# 0 yes he was weak.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

already made a thread about this :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.