Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What if..Superman?

Gannon Nereid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gannon Nereid

I'm not a huge Superman fan, but these ideas just popped into my head and I had to ask somebody, so I'll ask you guys!

I'm wondering what the stories would be like if he had been brought up by the families of the other heroes.

What if Superman had...

...landed in the Wayne's back yard? Imagine Batman and Superman fighting crime together from their youth, what a menacing duo! Beats Robin anyway. How would that change Batsy's and Supermans attitudes?

...landed in the ocean and was found by the Atlantians? How would Superman act if he had spend his life under the rule of the magical Atlantis royalty, Aquaman himself? Would his powers be weakness by the lack of sunlight beneath the waves or would the pressure and constant swimming strengthen him?

...landed in the throne-room of the savage Amazons? How would the Amazons react to a man that could kick their asses? Imagine a hardened, battle trained Superman cutting off heads! Would Wonderwoman have a arranged marriage with ol' Supes, would their kids be the greatest warriors on Earth?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Methos

the Wayne one has been done in the elseworld "Speeding Bullets"...

think the Atlantian one was done in Superman: One Man JLA... but it's been years since i read those...

M

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Interesting ideas. If he had landed in any of those areas, he would certainly lose his "boyscout" title as he is known for.

But just so you know, the Amazons would never resort to arranged marriage.

Gannon Nereid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gannon Nereid

I think he would be the most badass if he was with the Amazons.

I think he would still end up the same with Batman.

Mr. Virtue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mr. Virtue

What is baby Kal-El's rocket landed on...

1.- New Genesis

2.- Warworld

3.- 5th Dimension

4.- Thanagar

5.- Metropolis, instead of Smallville

Kal-Kent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kal-Kent

Post Deleted.

Kal-Kent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kal-Kent

GOTHAM SUPERMAN= bruce and clark (if his name is still clark) would be raised togqther and when mr and ms wayne are killed its possible clark might either move them out of the way or take the hit for himself and batman would never of existed....or maybe not and batman superman become teamates after superman is done with the fortress stus

ATLANTIS= I dont really know

AMAZONS= his and wonder woman would proablly become sibling rivals.

Avatar image for unwinged_angel_kent
    unwinged angel kent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably if superman landed in gotham, when Mr. and Mrs. wayne die he became like a batman but not with that name and bruse then became like the side-kick or like an alfred in the HQ waiting for the new super-bat to come after a long night of butt kicking.

if he landed in atlantis he would probably became leader of team of aqua guys or something. simple

and if he landed with the amazons he wpuld probably became a badassm, yeah, pretty much like that because amazons dont aprove men but he has awsome powers so they will accept him with the condition of just save women or becoming gay. lol

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I liked the Gotham Superman one.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77
    Gannon Nereid said:
    I'm not a huge Superman fan, but these ideas just popped into my head and I had to ask somebody, ... [more]

Story #1 almost already exists in an elseworlds story.  Clark's rocket lands near the Wayne's as they are out for a drive.  They adopt him and name him Bruce, then never bother to have a second child.  When they depart the theater on that fateful evening, all three are shot.  But the bullets just bounce off of young Bruce instead of killing him.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF

i think if he landed in gotham he could still turn out like he did. If you takethe wayne family from batman begins, Bruces dad talks about doing the right thing and being more fortunate than others. If kal-el than saw his parents die, he could try to stand up for what they believed in, esentially becoming superman just with different colors maybe.

If he landed in the amazon i think that would be awesome but i think they would try to kill him first or just send him away. If they did try to kill him and they couldnt, they would probably see him as a prophet of son of aphrodity or something. Either their savior or there destructor. I bet hippolta or whatever dianas moms name is would probably protect him from harm bc it would still just be a baby after all.

Atlantis would be different but i think out of the three choices this one would bring destruction to the world first. He would end up with the attitude and cockieness of aqua man and would most likely destroy the above ground world for what they have reduced the atlantians down too. no one would be safe in the water.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.