What if Superman was in the Marvel Universe?

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Invariably,Superman in the marvel universe would be one of the most powerful superheroes.

And hey, he would not wear the same costume..............thanks to Stan Lee. ha.ha.
#52 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i think if they took the entire superman story arc and placed it in marvel it would work. i think they could move along with his story more and not get things so screwed up. i would like to see them take a shot at it

#53 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
It still would not look right
#54 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

I would stop reading Marvel if this ever happened

#55 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that i could work. i would like to see them at least try. I dont see DC giving up superman in 2013 tho plus the superman name and story would cost to much for marvel to want to buy.

#56 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

There are plenty of ways to handle Superman, there isn't just green kryptonite, they could use also gold kryptonite and red sun radiation. And why wouldn't the skrulls copy his powers? Let them copy Superman's powers or just lock him on the Phantom Zone.

 I think Iron-man would have his armour prepared to fight Superman during Civil War, and the Punisher seams the kind of guy to wall around with some kryptonite bullets and red sun grenades.

There's a story arc were the DC earth becomes full of kryptonite, and the rock even became "cheaper", so Superman and Batman cleaned the earth of most of it and destroy it . In this story arc the other heroes helped superman with the task, I can image in Marvel other heroes STOPING him from doing that.

So with a lot of kryptonite laying around the world and red sun technology Superman could live on Marvel. In my opinion if they depowered Superman, leaving all his powers but in a smaller level, it would be great to have him at Marvel.

For some reason I've always liked the idea of Superman/Spider-man team-up - Superman already team-up with less powered heroes on DC so... Maybe Peter could take pictures for Clark articles, because without Metropolis Superman would live on . Supes will also be good friends with the first Captain , not Bucky.

It could be interesting, it was just a matter of making Superman's live harder on Marvel than on DC.

#57 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
CalvinCalvin said:
"

There are plenty of ways to handle Superman, there isn't just green kryptonite, they could use also gold kryptonite and red sun radiation. And why wouldn't the skrulls copy his powers? Let them copy Superman's powers or just lock him on the Phantom Zone.

 I think Iron-man would have his armour prepared to fight Superman during Civil War, and the Punisher seams the kind of guy to wall around with some kryptonite bullets and red sun grenades.

There's a story arc were the DC earth becomes full of kryptonite, and the rock even became "cheaper", so Superman and Batman cleaned the earth of most of it and destroy it . In this story arc the other heroes helped superman with the task, I can image in Marvel other heroes STOPING him from doing that.

So with a lot of kryptonite laying around the world and red sun technology Superman could live on Marvel. In my opinion if they depowered Superman, leaving all his powers but in a smaller level, it would be great to have him at Marvel.

For some reason I've always liked the idea of Superman/Spider-man team-up - Superman already team-up with less powered heroes on DC so... Maybe Peter could take pictures for Clark articles, because without Metropolis Superman would live on . Supes will also be good friends with the first Captain , not Bucky.

It could be interesting, it was just a matter of making Superman's live harder on Marvel than on DC.

"

why should his powers have to be decreased or his life have to be made harder? he could still be a reporter too
#58 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"why should his powers have to be decreased or his life have to be made harder? "
So he could be more like a regular marvel character, I think.
#59 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i can understand harder but not less powerful. i actually think we would have done him some good and gave him better character if he had a harder life growing up. more like small ville where we actually see him get angry more often.and the fact he is willing to kill when he knows there is no other option without puttin more people in harms way

#60 Posted by Kataklysmo (859 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman would be the savior of DC earth
#61 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"ok i can understand harder but not less powerful. i actually think we would have done him some good and gave him better character if he had a harder life growing up. more like small ville where we actually see him get angry more often.and the fact he is willing to kill when he knows there is no other option without puttin more people in harms way"

Ok I can agree with everything exept with the killing part. Other less powered marvel superheroes don't kill, and actually all my favorite characters have problems with killing, and I like that. Also Superman is so powerfull that that's the reason why he became so naive, he thinks he can trust people and people betray him he thinks he can take it. I would like to see more explored the frustation of not being able to save everybody. He really thinks he can save everyone, in Marvel I think that sort of feeling would really be easy to explore.
#62 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i agree with you. he doesnt need to kill just have a harder time succeeding and maybe not be able to save the whole wolrd but i guess that is just a part of being superman. he is still my favorite hero

#63 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

he would be Sentry

#64 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

no sentry is insane and has an alter ego that kills somone every time sentry saves someone. so if you took the whole marvel universe in to effect sentry is useless bc he saves someone in trouble and someone else dies if he doesnt save someon in trouble they will most likely die unless another hero can get to them in time.

#65 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

fine he'd be Gladiator

#66 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I think someone like Kal-El would easly grow up to be someone like Hyperion.
But I would prefer that he became something between Captain America and Spider-man

#67 Posted by the Social Moth (36 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Then he would be Superman... In the marvel universe..."
Marvel has had some of the more original names though. They rarely stick an adjective or object and man/woman/boy/girl And he would be too powerful considering magic and kryptonite are the only things that hurt him, Adamantium would just not work. There are too any magic-controllers (not knowing which term to use-wizards/mages/sorcerers/wimps)
 He wouldn't fit in
But PlatinumWarrior's comment is true...he wouldnt change powers or anything
#68 Edited by King Hyperion (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel already has a bunch of Good and Bad Superman Clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man) and at least one Superman Prime Clone (can anyone say Vulcan?) Why would anyone want to bring Superman into The Marvel Universe when there are already so many of them?

#69 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
King Hyperion said:
"Marvel already has a bunch of Good and Bad Superman Clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man) and at least one Superman Prime Clone (can anyone say Vulcan?) Why would anyone want to bring Superman into The Marvel Universe when there are already so many of them?"
Becasue people don't like Superman because of his powers, but because of who he is and what he does.
#70 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Marvel already has a bunch of Good and Bad Superman Clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man) and at least one Superman Prime Clone (can anyone say Vulcan?) Why would anyone want to bring Superman into The Marvel Universe when there are already so many of them?"
Becasue people don't like Superman because of his powers, but because of who he is and what he does.
"

you really dis like superman dont you?
#71 Edited by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"Calvin said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Marvel already has a bunch of Good and Bad Superman Clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man) and at least one Superman Prime Clone (can anyone say Vulcan?) Why would anyone want to bring Superman into The Marvel Universe when there are already so many of them?"
Becasue people don't like Superman because of his powers, but because of who he is and what he does.
"

you really dis like superman dont you?"
Who me? He's one of my favorite characters!
What did I say it made you think I don't dislike Supes?
#72 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

o nvm i mis-read your statement

#73 Posted by King Hyperion (3715 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"Calvin said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Marvel already has a bunch of Good and Bad Superman Clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man) and at least one Superman Prime Clone (can anyone say Vulcan?) Why would anyone want to bring Superman into The Marvel Universe when there are already so many of them?"
Becasue people don't like Superman because of his powers, but because of who he is and what he does.
"

you really dis like superman dont you?"
Do you mean me? No, I do not dislike Superman. It's just Marvel has so many characters modeled after him that bringing the real Superman into The Marvel Universe would be pointless. Plus how is he supposed to adjust to living in a world where none of his friends or family even exist? It's not like the inhabitants of Earth-616 are just going to let him bring everyone he loves over there and everyone he loves will no doubt protest to living in another Universe where villains rule, heroes are being hunted down, things that have never seen the light of our days are breaking into 616 through rifts that lead into other realities. Not to mention that a massive intergalactic war is about to send the Universe crashing down around our ears.

Also the whole "people love Superman because of who he is and what he does" cannot be applied here. The Inhabitants of The Marvel Universe doesn't know who he is nor do they really care, not that they ever did in the first place, they are too busy kissing Norman Osborn's ass. They'd probably just write him off as being a Sentry wannabe and then would toss him to the dogs. No one wants to see Superman like that. Do you? Do you really want to see The Man of Steel consumed by the madness that is The Marvel Universe or would you rather keep him in The DC Universe where everything isn't as bad?
#74 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that if superman was put in the marvel universe he would be more of a loner. Not isolating him self as much as batman does but would see more of him doing things on his own and not joining teams. Marvels greatest hero is Captain America and i dont think that he would even get along with superman. they might be willing to help each other out ever now and again but they wouldnt be as close as supes and batman are.

#75 Edited by King Hyperion (3715 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"i think that if superman was put in the marvel universe he would be more of a loner. Not isolating him self as much as batman does but would see more of him doing things on his own and not joining teams. Marvels greatest hero is Captain America and i dont think that he would even get along with superman. they might be willing to help each other out ever now and again but they wouldnt be as close as supes and batman are."
I remember back in JLA/Avengers #1 the exact moment when Captain America and Superman first met and they HATED each other. Captain America accused Superman of being a Tyrant and Superman accused Captain America of being a Terrorist. And then all Hell broke loose when Superman insulted Captain America one too many times and Thor decided to step in...thus resulting in this:

Mjolnir: 1 Superman: 0
Superman just does not mesh well with The Marvel Universe as a whole. I love him and all but placing him in The Marvel Universe would be a huge mistake and if he remains isolated like you said he could end up turning out like Superman Prime did. Evil, Insane and Homesick.
#76 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

i think your right. not necessarily evil but he would think that all the other so called heroes are actually making the world worse and he would eventually leave earth because it is a lesser version of the world that the Crime Syndicate of America comes from or become more strict and try to do what is best for the world and become more strict (the single ruler of the earth) its been done. where superman and lex become partners and control the world for what superman thinks is best for the people of earth

i dont see superman gettin hit like that again.

#77 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
King Hyperion said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"i think that if superman was put in the marvel universe he would be more of a loner. Not isolating him self as much as batman does but would see more of him doing things on his own and not joining teams. Marvels greatest hero is Captain America and i dont think that he would even get along with superman. they might be willing to help each other out ever now and again but they wouldnt be as close as supes and batman are."
I remember back in JLA/Avengers #1 the exact moment when Captain America and Superman first met and they HATED each other. Captain America accused Superman of being a Tyrant and Superman accused Captain America of being a Terrorist. And then all Hell broke loose when Superman insulted Captain America one too many times and Thor decided to step in...thus resulting in this:

Mjolnir: 1 Superman: 0
Superman just does not mesh well with The Marvel Universe as a whole. I love him and all but placing him in The Marvel Universe would be a huge mistake and if he remains isolated like you said he could end up turning out like Superman Prime did. Evil, Insane and Homesick.
"

Did you get to read to the end? Because I'm pretty sure Captain America and Superman became friends. Superman even insisted that Cap lead both Marvel and DC teams.
ALL Superheores fight each other in crossovers. It's what funboys are expecting to see.
#78 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

yea. i didnt get to read the cross over. i cant see superman handing over the JLA like that to captain america though

#79 Edited by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"yea. i didnt get to read the cross over. i cant see superman handing over the JLA like that to captain america though"
He didn't handover, he suggested Captain America as the leader of the mission!!!

My point is they become buddies!
#80 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i get the point. i understand now

#81 Posted by Attrition (319 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman went into the marvel universe,
Doctor Strange and Doom would totally kick his ass.
Magic FTW

And Galactus would turn his brain into kryptonite, cus Galactus is all knowing.
Or scarlet witch would just say "No More Superman", and hey whaddya know? No more Superman.

Superman would get owned in Marvel Universe.

#82 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
Attrition said:
"If Superman went into the marvel universe,Doctor Strange and Doom would totally kick his ass.Magic FTWAnd Galactus would turn his brain into kryptonite, cus Galactus is all knowing.Or scarlet witch would just say "No More Superman", and hey whaddya know? No more Superman.Superman would get owned in Marvel Universe."
the thing is if they would do that to superman they would have done it to other characters to others too. so it would never happen to superman bc instead of it being superman and batman it would be superman and captain america
#83 Posted by Scarecrow4 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason the DC universe is the way it is, is solely because of superman.   He was the first hero rising from a crowd to catch a plane/shuttle and place it gently on the ground.  He never curses he isn't sarcastic he is a true American boyscout who lives by an untouchable code of ethics and value's.  I Think Superman might be the one person who could bring stability to the marvel universe.  Superman makes it clear that he's there for the public to help working with police and even helping set up swat teams with enhanced Krytonian tech.  The other hero's might have a problem with him but in the end the same thing would happen as always the world would be a better place because of superman and the Hero's within would also follow his example and rise to a new level of heroics.  Whats going on in marvel could all have been avoided by one man who would stand his ground in the face of all adversity and face it head on with unrelenting humility not bold brash actions but leading by example.  I love the Marvel universe and it's stories are great; i'm kind of glad superman isn't in there universe because if he was?? well you can guess.   

#84 Posted by bombtastic (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Superman in the Marvel Universe for awhile just so he could but The Hurt on all those high strong , self loathing puff balls. Superman would curb stomp every one of them--Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Galactus, all of them. He is a bad motherpunker.

#85 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I want to see SPB in Marvel and just wreck havoc for fun :>

#86 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@bombtastic said:

I would love to see Superman in the Marvel Universe for awhile just so he could but The Hurt on all those high strong , self loathing puff balls. Superman would curb stomp every one of them--Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Galactus, all of them. He is a bad motherpunker.

Hulk -Yeah. But current Hulk won't be curbstomped. 
Sentry -a million times over. yeah.
Thor -Mmmm... 50/50
Galactus -If he can sundip then yeah. If not, you're clearly out of your mind.
 
@slick23 said:

Meh. I want to see SPB in Marvel and just wreck havoc for fun :>

I want that to happen.
#87 Posted by redwingx (756 posts) - - Show Bio

All i know is that if Supes did go to the Marvel Universe, he and Captain America would be best buddies:)

#88 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember the words Thing said when he saw superman it was “holy %#%#@ its Superman”

Galactus tried to control superman just like silver surfer by making him have the powers of a star. Thankfully he resisted because we all be doomed if it happen. We know that Marvel Universe would easily figure out his identity since DC exists as comic in that universe.

#89 Posted by bleeding_edge (1 posts) - - Show Bio

He has appeared in the Marvel Universe briefly as a herald of Galactus.

#90 Posted by drphilter (109 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing's for sure. I think he would be almost like Namor and sort of side with the X-men. Or associate with them most. X-men are Mutants who are not accepted by society, Superman is an alien. Perhaps he would perceived as a mutant. That could actually be an interesting story line.... I kinda like that.

#91 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

we would become deadpool's sidekick

#92 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes would probably join the avengers, and constantly compete with the captain for leadership, in the end they'll give it to iron man

#93 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis Superman?
 
Everyone is his b!tch.

#94 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

He would....destroy everyone who fought him except for very, VERY few exceptions.

#95 Posted by Kanen (166 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.