What if Superman Lives in Marvel universe

#1 Posted by ruler (296 posts) - - Show Bio

what will be his relationship other Marvel people

Galactus

Thor

Steve Rogers

Namor

Spiderman

Kingpin

Cyclops

Wolverine

Dr Doom

Thanos

Emma Frost

She Hulk

İron Man

Wonder Man

#2 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I still need to get busy on that, I have some ideas but it's been a very busy couple of weeks

#5 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he end up fighting thor all the time and wouldn't enjoy being on the avengers because he would think tony stark is annoying.

#6 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Galactus -He'd combine with Eternity then smack the sh*t outta Galan ala-OWAW.
  2. Thor -They'd be friends... Laughing at mortals while trying to be compassionate to them lesser beings.
  3. Steve Rogers -He'd steal the shield. He'd steal the limelight and steal the "American hero" status.
  4. Namor -He'd tell Black Adam to get some trousers.... Then realize it ain't Adam at all.
  5. Spiderman -Bestfriends. He'd have a more badass and more intelligent Jimmy in Parker.
  6. Kingpin -Laugh at how Luthor got fat... Then realize it ain't Luthor.
  7. Cyclops -Staring contest!
  8. Wolverine -He'd chuck the midget to the sun just to see if the walking cheat code can survive.
  9. Dr Doom -He'd avoid him at all costs. It's like Luthor plus more brains plus more brawn plus magic!
  10. Thanos -He'd try to beat his *ss up cause he hates Darkseid including his ripoffs... Even though Thanos is actually a Metron ripoff.
  11. Emma Frost -Steel is in the diamond. Nuff said.
  12. She Hulk -Blue is in the green. Nuff said.
  13. İron Man -Steel in Iron.. Nuff sai... wait! Scratch that! He'd miss Bruce his billionaire friend as he sees Stark.
  14. Wonder Man -Tease the loser for having a lame-*ss name.
#8 Posted by Reactor (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

  1. Galactus -He'd combine with Eternity then smack the sh*t outta Galan ala-OWAW.
  2. Thor -They'd be friends... Laughing at mortals while trying to be compassionate to them lesser beings.
  3. Steve Rogers -He'd steal the shield. He'd steal the limelight and steal the "American hero" status.
  4. Namor -He'd tell Black Adam to get some trousers.... Then realize it ain't Adam at all.
  5. Spiderman -Bestfriends. He'd have a more badass and more intelligent Jimmy in Parker.
  6. Kingpin -Laugh at how Luthor got fat... Then realize it ain't Luthor.
  7. Cyclops -Staring contest!
  8. Wolverine -He'd chuck the midget to the sun just to see if the walking cheat code can survive.
  9. Dr Doom -He'd avoid him at all costs. It's like Luthor plus more brains plus more brawn plus magic!
  10. Thanos -He'd try to beat his *ss up cause he hates Darkseid including his ripoffs... Even though Thanos is actually a Metron ripoff.
  11. Emma Frost -Steel is in the diamond. Nuff said.
  12. She Hulk -Blue is in the green. Nuff said.
  13. İron Man -Steel in Iron.. Nuff sai... wait! Scratch that! He'd miss Bruce his billionaire friend as he sees Stark.
  14. Wonder Man -Tease the loser for having a lame-*ss name.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

The whole point of the "flying brick" archetype is that it's generic. DC does not own them except in very specific implementations. And pending the litigation against them, they may not even own that.

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Now what exactly is the scenario here?

  • Is it just Superman, and none of his supporting characters?
  • Does he have any knowledge of the DCU? or Did his ship happen to land on Marvel's Earth?
  • Which version of Superman?
#11 Edited by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@drgnx said:

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

The whole point of the "flying brick" archetype is that it's generic. DC does not own them except in very specific implementations. And pending the litigation against them, they may not even own that.

You're missing my point. If DC loses Superman, the families can take him and sell them to Marvel. But a Judge already ruled that Warner owns "Superman's" expanded powers. So if Superman goes to marvel, he will a jumping brick, not a flying one. It was really just a silly, technical joke.

#12 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@fodigg said:

@drgnx said:

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

The whole point of the "flying brick" archetype is that it's generic. DC does not own them except in very specific implementations. And pending the litigation against them, they may not even own that.

You're missing my point. If DC loses Superman, the families can take him and sell them to Marvel. But a Judge already ruled that Warner owns "Superman's" expanded powers. So if Superman goes to marvel, he will a jumping brick, not a flying one. It was really just a silly, technical joke.

Somehow I doubt they'll be able to enforce "no flying" if it comes to that considering how many there are. No heat vision and no frost breath maybe, but no flying? Good luck.

#13 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@drgnx said:

@fodigg said:

@drgnx said:

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

The whole point of the "flying brick" archetype is that it's generic. DC does not own them except in very specific implementations. And pending the litigation against them, they may not even own that.

You're missing my point. If DC loses Superman, the families can take him and sell them to Marvel. But a Judge already ruled that Warner owns "Superman's" expanded powers. So if Superman goes to marvel, he will a jumping brick, not a flying one. It was really just a silly, technical joke.

Somehow I doubt they'll be able to enforce "no flying" if it comes to that considering how many there are. No heat vision and no frost breath maybe, but no flying? Good luck.

Maybe, if a Judge can rule it, they can enforce it, but to what degree is the question.

Superman flew? => Lawsuit! => Stop comic from being release till litigation is over.

Granted with "Marvel" this might be harder to pull off than with an independent or smaller producer. You can't really ignore a law, what you can do is find ways around it; Is the ability to fly for a character copyrightable or is it the method used to fly? The question is how many times does the family want to go to court to get the final approval to "possibility" allow superman to fly? DC has also complied with their restrictions (bullet proof armor, and suite redesign). They think they can win back the coloring so they just redesigned the look.

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

He pretty much does live in the Marvel universe with all the knockoffs:

See the Flying Brick trope for an extended list of similarly powered characters.

As for how he'd get along personality-wise with the listed characters, Superman is like the most generic Lawful Good personality ever. I think it'd be pretty obvious how everyone else would react to that.

Wow. Pathetic. Have some original ideas people.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@fodigg said:

@drgnx said:

@fodigg: That's DC Superman

If Superman goes over to marvel he will lose a lot of those powers (DC owns most of them). It would be the 1938 Superman that could theoretically go to Marvel.

The whole point of the "flying brick" archetype is that it's generic. DC does not own them except in very specific implementations. And pending the litigation against them, they may not even own that.

You're missing my point. If DC loses Superman, the families can take him and sell them to Marvel. But a Judge already ruled that Warner owns "Superman's" expanded powers. So if Superman goes to marvel, he will a jumping brick, not a flying one. It was really just a silly, technical joke.

Also DC have overseas rights, so if Superman is sold to marvel they can't have his expanded origins, rogue gallery, supporting cast and most of all they can't sell his comics or movies overseas.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (17895 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruler said:

what will be his relationship other Marvel people

Galactus

Thor

Steve Rogers

Namor

Spiderman

Kingpin

Cyclops

Wolverine

Dr Doom

Thanos

Emma Frost

She Hulk

İron Man

Wonder Man

If they are in bold, it means the Superman would have no relationship with them.

For Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, Superman would of formed the Avengers with them.

Galactus would of been one of Superman's greatest foes.

Instead of Superman teaming with Batman all the time, he would team up with Spider-man all the time

Dr Doom would be one of Superman's greatest foes.

Same with Thanos.

#17 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@ruler said:

what will be his relationship other Marvel people

Galactus

Thor

Steve Rogers

Namor

Spiderman

Kingpin

Cyclops

Wolverine

Dr Doom

Thanos

Emma Frost

She Hulk

İron Man

Wonder Man

If they are in bold, it means the Superman would have no relationship with them.

For Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, Superman would of formed the Avengers with them.

Galactus would of been one of Superman's greatest foes.

Instead of Superman teaming with Batman all the time, he would team up with Spider-man all the time

Dr Doom would be one of Superman's greatest foes.

Same with Thanos.

okay but ,slightly off topic, Cap didn't really help found the Avengers, he joined later on.

but you probably knew that already.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (17895 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

@TheCannon said:

@ruler said:

what will be his relationship other Marvel people

Galactus

Thor

Steve Rogers

Namor

Spiderman

Kingpin

Cyclops

Wolverine

Dr Doom

Thanos

Emma Frost

She Hulk

İron Man

Wonder Man

If they are in bold, it means the Superman would have no relationship with them.

For Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, Superman would of formed the Avengers with them.

Galactus would of been one of Superman's greatest foes.

Instead of Superman teaming with Batman all the time, he would team up with Spider-man all the time

Dr Doom would be one of Superman's greatest foes.

Same with Thanos.

okay but ,slightly off topic, Cap didn't really help found the Avengers, he joined later on.

but you probably knew that already.

I wasn't thinking right. The relationship between Cap and Supes would be the Avengers.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

The government would throw a hissy-fit when they discover he is an alien.

#20 Edited by Farscape (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruler:

Galactus - He'd treat Galactus in much the same way every other Marvel hero does, disliking him but accepting his existence is a necessity to the survival of the universe. More than a few times he'd help try and evacuate planets Galen was going to feed on.

Thor - Thor being a God and ultra strong no Marvel writer would resist the urge to contrive reasons to get them to fight just like DC writers can't resist contriving situations for him to fight Captain Marvel (Shazam). When not fighting they'd get along.

Steve Rogers - Best buds.

Namor - Similar to his relationship with post Peter David hook-handed Aquaman.

Spiderman - Peter Parker and Spider-Man would be the equivelant to his Jimmy Olsen.

Kingpin - Since the post Man of Steel Lex Luthor is a Kingpin ripoff then more or less the same as the relationship with Lex. I could see him having slightly more understanding since Fisk has more reasons to be like he is.

Cyclops - Mostly respect and a firm working relationship whenever they cross paths which wouldn't be too often. For the last few years Scott is been pretty much a douche though so I'd hope Supes would call him out of it.

Wolverine - Friction over their differing methods and attitude but a grudging respect and even friendship.

Dr Doom - Mostly like it was with silver age Lex except some frustration he can't take Doom to jail.

Thanos - Since Darkseid was one of the inspitations for Thanos I'd say just copy the relationship with the Lord of Apokolips.

Emma Frost - They wouldn't get on.

She Hulk - They'd have a fun friendship whenever they worked together which wouldn't be often.

İron Man - Like Cyclops the version we've gotten over the years he'd get on with. I could see them having a friendship like Tony and Steve but the questionable version we've gotten from Civil War onwards they'd have their issues.

Wonder Man - Like Thor I could see Marvel writers wanting to get them into situations were they would fight but they'd be okay with each other when not being tricked, brainwashed or coerced etc. Not sure what he'd make of Bendis's weird version he's currently writing. Probably have sympathy for his position but wanting to shut him down.

#21 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

  1. Galactus -He'd combine with Eternity then smack the sh*t outta Galan ala-OWAW.
  2. Thor -They'd be friends... Laughing at mortals while trying to be compassionate to them lesser beings.
  3. Steve Rogers -He'd steal the shield. He'd steal the limelight and steal the "American hero" status.
  4. Namor -He'd tell Black Adam to get some trousers.... Then realize it ain't Adam at all.
  5. Spiderman -Bestfriends. He'd have a more badass and more intelligent Jimmy in Parker.
  6. Kingpin -Laugh at how Luthor got fat... Then realize it ain't Luthor.
  7. Cyclops -Staring contest!
  8. Wolverine -He'd chuck the midget to the sun just to see if the walking cheat code can survive.
  9. Dr Doom -He'd avoid him at all costs. It's like Luthor plus more brains plus more brawn plus magic!
  10. Thanos -He'd try to beat his *ss up cause he hates Darkseid including his ripoffs... Even though Thanos is actually a Metron ripoff.
  11. Emma Frost -Steel is in the diamond. Nuff said.
  12. She Hulk -Blue is in the green. Nuff said.
  13. İron Man -Steel in Iron.. Nuff sai... wait! Scratch that! He'd miss Bruce his billionaire friend as he sees Stark.
  14. Wonder Man -Tease the loser for having a lame-*ss name.
#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5142 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be awesome in Marvel. He'd probably be an Avenger or a solo hero that'd work with everyone as needed. The first thing he'd do is realize how lame his costume is, goto Reed Richards with a design for Kryptonian armor which Reed would make out of unstable molecules resembling his New52 suit.

#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm

#24 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Just keep Bendis away from him.

#25 Posted by RyDub (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading the title I thought of something he takes the role similar to silver surfer. Galactus comes to devour krypton as it is dying already. Jor-El pleads with him to not only to spare his world but to save it. He offers Kal-El to him who is still a baby, Galactus excepts this and takes the boy raising him and making him a herald for him. It isn't until he arrives on earth where he discovers his own humanity and falls for a female on earth. Due to this love he refuses to let Galactus eat this world, Galactus strips the power cosmic from him and tells him for his faithful service before this he will spare earth for now but for betraying him his home world is doomed. Galactus devours kyrpton. Superman now looking like a normal human and his normal self must get used to life on earth as a mere human but powers begin to manifest in him and he begins life as a super hero of earth.

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

I think marvel will power him down. He diffently won't be seen as much

#27 Posted by HolySerpent (12455 posts) - - Show Bio

@farscape: Superman would respect wolverine...he's a killer

#28 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging from whats happened to Sentry, Wanda, & Wonder Man...if Supes was at Marvel he'd go crazy cause Bendis can't write a story without having a powerhouse go crazy and Superman will end up killing several minor annoyances, plus possibly a noteworthy foe or two *looks at the Wrecking Crew* then Thor kills him of with a God Blasts and then his corpse chills along side Sentry's in the sun for eternity.

#29 Posted by hulkster_1 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: smallville version. Superman will probably be just another mutant in marvel. His best friend will be the impossible man, and they will try to lift each other off the ground.

#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just assume that his ship happened to land in the Marvel U.

Galactus- You're looking at his main adversary here. Superman would never tolerate a planet with billions of innocent people to be destroyed just because some guy is hungry. I'm not saying that most of the Marvel heroes do, but Superman at least has some power to actually intervene. I don't think Superman could do much to Galan, but that wouldn't stop him from hating him. That being said, their relationship would be a lot like Darkseid's and his own.

Thor- Probably good friends. If Superman were around since the beginning, he'd no doubt be an Avenger. Probably one of the founders along with Thor and Iron Man.

Steve Rogers- I think that they'd be such good friends, but I have a feeling that they'd get on each others' nerves at some point. Especially with leadership.

Namor- He'd probably have a general dislike for him.

Spiderman- Good friends.

Kingpin- No relationship whatsoever.

Cyclops- Not sure. Probably the same relationship Cap has with him, except I feel that Superman, if he's not fighting cosmic threats like he should be, would've maybe done something after the mutants lost their powers.

Wolverine- I don't think they'd get along at all.

Dr Doom- You're looking at another one of Superman's best potential enemies. Doom's got the magic to at least keep Superman busy.

Thanos- If Superman's more cosmic-based, I see these two clashing almost every day. If not, I think he'd have the same relationship all the other Earth-based heroes do.

Emma Frost- He wouldn't like her. At all.

She Hulk- Friends I suppose.

İron Man- Good friends that disagree a lot.

Wonder Man- Don't know much about Wonder Man, so I couldn't tell you.

#31 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be hard since he's to DC what Captain America is to Marvel. It'd be easier if it were during the time when Rogers was dead, though.

#32 Posted by PowerHerc (81540 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk cries for a month because he's no longer the "Strongest One There Is!"

#33 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

The Hulk cries for a month because he's no longer the "Strongest One There Is!"

LMAO
#34 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies....

#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus- The reason why Krypton exploded in the first place. Superman is not gonna like that.

Thor- Rival and friend.

Steve Rogers-Buds

Namor- Probably nothing.

Spiderman- He would be Spidey's hero.

Kingpin-Nothing.

Cyclops- He would actually respect Supes.

Wolverine- They wouldn't get along.

Dr Doom- Replace Lex with Doom.

Thanos- Replace Darksied with Thanos.

Emma Frost- Probably nothing.

She Hulk- Those crazy nights...

İron Man- Batman

Wonder Man- Wonder-man would be jealous.

#36 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus- Superman would be present to help stop him on almost all occasions, They would become bitter enemies and Superman would be Galactus's least favorite hero even over the FF

Thor- A friendly somewhat joking rivalry, they would constantly team up against the greatest threats of the universe and rivalry would bloom into a somewhat uneasy friendship, that stands on rough ground because they know if the other goes evil they'll be the one to take him down.

Steve Rogers- Possibly best friendship. Cap would take Batman's place and the two would pretty much always be on the same team. Cap would be Supes childhood inspiration and reason for becoming a hero.

Namor- Wouldn't like each other. Namor would hit on Lois and get beaten down.

Spiderman- Spidey would have idolized Supes at the beginning of his career, after several team ups involving Spidey geeking out Peter would eventually become a long distance version of Jimmy Olsen and Spidey would quip about callng Superman to beat the crap out of his enemies

Kingpin- Supes would hate him on the few occasions they crossed paths and would send him to jail on all of those occasions and never trust him under any circumstances.

Cyclops- There would be a deep mutual respect there as everyone would respect Superman and Supes would respect Cycke as a dedicated leader and mutant patriot, Cyke would be one of his favorite X-men. Supes wouldn't ignore mutant issues like the Avengers did and would be a constant ally being seen as such even into the Utopia stage but Supes would side with the Avengers in AVX he would eventually talk Cyke down and broker peace so both sides work to stop the Phoinex and restore mutants with no casualties

Wolverine- Wouldn't like him but would respect him, he would probably punch him back to Canada after the 50th boy scout comment

Dr Doom- (see Kningpin except with more respect and going out of his way to combat him)

Thanos- (See Galactus except more personal)

Emma Frost- Distrust her and be concerned with role in mutant affairs

She Hulk- Good working relationship and mutual respect, She would get involved occasionally whenever he fights the Hulk but with no hard feelings, probably would be teammates on some Avengers team eventually

İron Man- They would rub each other the wrong way occasionally but in the end saving the world together would make them great friends, However whenever Tony falls prey to some public embarrassment like alcoholism Superman would be one of the most public critics, this would lead them to realize that their friendship is only held together by saving the world and would never be truly genuine

Wonder Man- Friendship and Teamwork until Wonder Man went evilish, Superman would still be willing to hear him out though

#37 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

For some uncertainty reasons, I feel like he would be turned into a villain, gets killed off, then miraculously resurrect 10-20 times a year.

#38 Posted by ruler (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

Deadpool

Nick Fury

Fantastic Four

Silver Surfer

As member of Avengers

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would be killed by Thor.

#40 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone with Clark's morals and power level would be a good thing for the Marvel universe. The people would be a lot better off if he was there.

#41 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the conflict between him and the Avengers at the start of the crossover. He'd come off as a complete snob almost to a villain extent but he has the morals keeping him on the good side. Thor and Sup I see going back and forth between friend and foe just like Thor and anyother class 100 in marvel. Cap I see a distrust between the two but a mutual respect. Cap thinks Clark is an illegal alien. Stark, Sup is cool with him but they ain't best friends. Spiderman, best friends as heroes but rivals as reporters. Doom=Lex,Galactus/ same as you all said,Kingpin=nothing,Thanos=Darkseid, she-hulk=maybe a fling, cyclops=nothing, wolverine= dislike on both sides, hulk= it's like hulk and Thor , they team up and they fight.

#42 Posted by ruler (296 posts) - - Show Bio

do you think he got respect from marvel universe comunity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.