What If Superman joins Marvel?

• 143 results
#1 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

With the whole lawsuite going on what if The Man of Steel becomes a new member of Marvel? Will his story be the same or different? Will he become the leader of The Avengers? Also will Metropolis still exists or will he be in a real life city since all of Marvel's heroes take place in real life cities?

If they do change up his city which is the only thing they should change Superman should take place in Chicago since that looks like Metropolis and can have that Metropolis feel. Too many heores in NYC. So have Superman in Chicago.

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

I say let him get stranded in a new universe for a while and let him travel space for a bit before they figure out how to incorporate the supporting cast and stuff, if that would even be included in the deal.

But he definitely can't be in NYC. Although a Daily Bugle/Daily Planet ratings war might be cool.

#3 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Naw too many heroes in NYC he needs to be in Chicago. Plus Chicago looks more like Metropolis and has that Metropolis feel then NYC does. No DailyBugle/Daily Planet beef.

#4 Posted by Steel radra (17 posts) - - Show Bio

why change things so much? why can't he just be a stranded hero where in dc he's considered dead and trys to find his place in the marvel universe. with some cooperation bet the companies this would be a simple matter  rather than creating whole new origins which would mess up a lot of characters n groups origins.like  the avengers.

#5 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

he could train up sentry lol , that would be hillarious

#6 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

why does he have to based in america? why cant he be based in manchester?

#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14400 posts) - - Show Bio
@blade hunter said:
" why does he have to based in america? why cant he be based in manchester? "
yeah i like that or london  go england!
#8 Posted by LiquidSnakeZero (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the whole thing with superman is, truth justice and the american way. why are they even having a lawsuit? like for what?

#9 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"Because the whole thing with superman is, truth justice and the american way. why are they even having a lawsuit? like for what? "
he could change to truth, justice and the english way

@lazystudent said:
"@blade hunter said:
" why does he have to based in america? why cant he be based in manchester? "
yeah i like that or london  go england! "

yeah we kick ass

#10 Posted by LiquidSnakeZero (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I like england, i didn't mean anything by it lol. Um so why is there a lawsuit?

#11 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure that even if Marvel will own him, DC will have to continue to write him (causing a drastic increase in issue prices).
Although the Siegal and Shuster heirs will receive full rights to Superman (able to sell back to whomever pleases them), DC will still own many other factors that exist in Supes' universe such as his cousin Kara and other characters and stories.

#12 Posted by LiquidSnakeZero (104 posts) - - Show Bio

that sounds cool and all man but like so why is their a lawsuit?

#13 Posted by Steel radra (17 posts) - - Show Bio

true not much should change even if superman switches companies

#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd ruin half their storylines.  Civil War would have been one issue long with Superman.  Plus, his huge power level and cape and tights are exactly what Marvel tries to distance themselves from.

Superman doesn't belong in Marvel.

#15 Posted by LiquidSnakeZero (104 posts) - - Show Bio
Well..It's not like Marvel deserves him.  Superman could fix all the problems in the marvel universe in a few minutes. =/...yeah
#16 Posted by jloneblackheart (5496 posts) - - Show Bio
@LiquidSnakeZero: I can't find the original forum but this will give you most of the info you require

click here
#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio
@LiquidSnakeZero: The lawsuit had to do with Warner Brothers Inc. rights to Superman through the latest movie, video games, merchandise, etc. The Siegal heirs said that they didn't get a good enough cut of profits as WB's deal was with DC and not with the heirs themselves. Warner Brothers and DC won the case and the judge said the heirs' position had no merit. Now people are worried that this problem will cause the heirs to go to Marvel instead of DC when the current contract runs out.

I honestly don't think anything will change because Superman doesn't fit into Marvel's continuity and the heirs make too much damn money to simply keep the rights to themselves.
#18 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi said:
"I figure that even if Marvel will own him, DC will have to continue to write him (causing a drastic increase in issue prices).Although the Siegal and Shuster heirs will receive full rights to Superman (able to sell back to whomever pleases them), DC will still own many other factors that exist in Supes' universe such as his cousin Kara and other characters and stories."

NO! If Marvel owned the rights to him then DC could not keep writing him they would not own his rights anymore they could get sued.

And NO! Superman is not gonna change countires get over it! And besides he helps all countries anyways. You cannot change Superman from America to England dammit! His colors is red and blue represents american flag. He not changing to the England colors man.

Do not destroy Superman please!
#19 Posted by LordAndrew (146 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ENGLENTINE (449 posts) - - Show Bio

I would wonder if Marvel would make him a mistrusted hero like they do to a lot of their characters. Or would he have the same adulation as he does now.

#21 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Mistrusted? No way thats not Superman.

#22 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman doesn't fit in Marvel because you can't expect anyone in their universe to mistrust him, if they do, he isn't Superman anymore

#23 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" @Kal'smahboi said:
"I figure that even if Marvel will own him, DC will have to continue to write him (causing a drastic increase in issue prices).Although the Siegal and Shuster heirs will receive full rights to Superman (able to sell back to whomever pleases them), DC will still own many other factors that exist in Supes' universe such as his cousin Kara and other characters and stories."
NO! If Marvel owned the rights to him then DC could not keep writing him they would not own his rights anymore they could get sued. And NO! Superman is not gonna change countires get over it! And besides he helps all countries anyways. You cannot change Superman from America to England dammit! His colors is red and blue represents american flag. He not changing to the England colors man.Do not destroy Superman please! "
I meant that Marvel would own them and allow DC to continue writing while gaining a majority of the profits causing the price increase I mentioned. Of course DC couldn't write him without rights or permission.
Also, England's colors are the same as America's colors. I feel like you are just arguing for argument's sake.

I still don't think we have anything to worry about.
#24 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
"Naw too many heroes in NYC he needs to be in Chicago. Plus Chicago looks more like Metropolis and has that Metropolis feel then NYC does. No DailyBugle/Daily Planet beef. "
I agree. The convergence of superheroes in New York needs to stop.

There's much more to America than New York and California.
#25 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Superman went to Marvel?

#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18819 posts) - - Show Bio

I would stop reading Marvel, because this would be one of the most stupidest idea's ever!

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never read Marvel again.

#28 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio
Then Marvel would become Very Strange... Superman doesnt really fit in the Marvel Universe
#29 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" Then Marvel would become Very Strange... Superman doesnt really fit in the Marvel Universe
"
Ah, sure he does. There's no way a character with that pedigree couldn't fit-in SOMEWHERE in ANY Superhero-based Universe.
#30 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:  Think again. 
#31 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe: HATER!!! Hehheh...
#32 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
"@Cezar_TheScribe: HATER!!! Hehheh..."

How am I a hater?  I like the Hulk. He's super powered because of an accident.

Superman is an alien and he can sit in the core of the sun.

Any questions?  They would make a powerful duo. ;)
#33 Posted by santeria_smith (304 posts) - - Show Bio

THe biggest problem would be what would happen in DC? Would they just start writing as if superman never existed? Like all of a sudden batman, gl, wonder woman, etc. just forget about him and he is like he never existed? It would just screw up almost every single comic book DC came out with.

#34 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe: Oh, my bad. I thought you were responding to my "Superman could fit-in with any superhero universe" comment.

You're correct, then. I was just foolin' around. Of COURSE Supes beats Hulk! Hahahaha...
#35 Posted by LordAndrew (146 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Then Marvel would become Very Strange... Superman doesnt really fit in the Marvel Universe"
The Marvel Universe can be pretty damn weird too sometimes. It could work, although it will obviously never happen.
#36 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow you people do not want Superman in Marvel? Why? He be good in Marvel he can still do the samethings over in Marvel he did in DC.

#37 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@santeria_smith said:
"THe biggest problem would be what would happen in DC? Would they just start writing as if superman never existed? Like all of a sudden batman, gl, wonder woman, etc. just forget about him and he is like he never existed? It would just screw up almost every single comic book DC came out with."

No it would not screw it nothing man. They can do a storyline ala Spiderman Unlimited were Superman goes to an alternative universe, Marvel Universe and offers to protect that universe since he done all he could do in DC and Batman and them tell him good luck and he leaves. Simple people this is not rocket science.
#38 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...Supes in Marvel...I like it.  Marvel can power him down to the point where he isn't ridiculous, have him wander around space, maybe join the Guardians of the Galaxy, become an interplanetary bounty hunter or law enforcer...maybe join the new Nova Corps, depending on how that plays out.  But they should definitely keep him off of Earth for a while until they've had a chance to grow his character a bit.  It would be a breath of fresh air, really.

#39 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" What if Superman went to Marvel?

"
0.076 seconds later....

#40 Posted by punkioinapit (11 posts) - - Show Bio

What if they made the Marel Superman into a Black Superman

#41 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@punkioinapit said:
" What if they made the Marel Superman into a Black Superman "

#42 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@punkioinapit said:
"What if they made the Marel Superman into a Black Superman"

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

You people do not get it nothing about Superman character will change or mythos. Only thing that will change is cities cause Marvel has real life cities not fake ones thats it! No black Superman besides they have Steel for that anways.
#43 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
"0.076 seconds later....

"
You know, I hope Marvel does get the character, just so they can issue of 3-part limited series of nothing but the Hulk beating the holy hell out of Superman with a rusty shovel.  Oh how the fanboys would wail.
#44 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander Anderson said:
"@Chaos Agent said:
"0.076 seconds later....

"
You know, I hope Marvel does get the character, just so they can issue of 3-part limited series of nothing but the Hulk beating the holy hell out of Superman with a rusty shovel.  Oh how the fanboys would wail."

Superman would kill Hulk.
#45 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

If Supes went to Marvel I would cry, and probably punch a baby.

#46 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney:
The United Kingdom's flag has the same colors as the United States' flag. hehe ;)
Anyways, I understand what you mean and I totally agree.
#47 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@blade hunter said:
"why does he have to based in america? why cant he be based in manchester? "

Hahahahah!    Good call mate.   I want Manc heroes to.
#48 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lyrad said:
"@blade hunter said:
Hahahahah!    Good call mate.   I want Manc heroes to. "

NO! Superman American deal with it!
#49 Posted by ClarkJosephKent1938DC (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
"@Lyrad said:
"@blade hunter said:
Hahahahah!    Good call mate.   I want Manc heroes to. "
NO! Superman American deal with it! "

Kryptonian. But I do see your point.
#50 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal El definitely needs a costume change to go with his new location.  Maybe some body armor to conceal his identity until the big reveal?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.