What i Hope for in future superman issues.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok what i hope will hapen in the future is that superman become more powerful in the DCnU. As in his strength get more stronger than his last incarnation (Pre flashpoint supes) even though he is much stronger than supergirl at the moment but greatly restrants his strength. He is invurnable to a degree as in when he got his by a bullit train like he did in issue 1 of action comics he would not bleed and he would not be knocked out but not to the degree where a nuthing can cause him harm as in repeated punches from an opponent like darkside would not cause brushing, cuts and bleeding. Dount give him any new powers like beams from his hands or something.

#2 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see the current superman's strength increase and make him superstrong, where he lifts planes with one arm.... but i would also like to see him go all out in one fight. They should quit watering down superman's strength and make it consistent, make him a true badass (not overpowered like silver age was lol, Bronze age maybe). It would be cool to see him really cut loose in a fight as well, maybe against Helspont. Oh and they should at least make him intelligent, just a bit and make him think when he fights lol, like he got a 3.9 in his GPA or something...

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln: exactly this super man should be the DC power house aka much better than his pre flashpoint counter part.

#4 Posted by HolySerpent (12464 posts) - - Show Bio

I think superman should near superman prime level. He should be able take darksied on 1 on 1

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: hope fully he will in the future cause i realy want to see a young supers wipe the floor with that giant.

#6 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Yeah, if he is given Superman Prime strength, than that means they can increase the strength of darkseid to, hopefully around the PC darkseid level (not to much, just enough so we can see panels of the two fighting toe to toe with one another). That would be a battle of the century, even though Darkseid may have the Edge with the OB/OE, Superman can call for help from fellow JL members!!! ohhh my imagination is jizzing

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want him to have more quality opponents.

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I like seeing Superman stomp, I also appreciate that it requires a lot of effort from him to pull of the incredible feats...

#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want an over powered superman

#10 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9496 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him better enemies! I want a Silver Surfer type enemy and a Thor type enemy! Keep his power levels consistent and top tier! I dont want Captain Atom or Supergirl to have better speed n strength feats then one of DC's flagship characters! Give him good writers and artist!

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:

Give him better enemies! I want a Silver Surfer type enemy and a Thor type enemy! Keep his power levels consistent and top tier! I dont want Captain Atom or Supergirl to have better speed n strength feats then one of DC's flagship characters! Give him good writers and artist!

This..a trillion times.
#12 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you make Superman more powerful.. this seems like it can only be a bad idea in every sense.

#13 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

@Z3RO180: Yeah, if he is given Superman Prime strength, than that means they can increase the strength of darkseid to, hopefully around the PC darkseid level (not to much, just enough so we can see panels of the two fighting toe to toe with one another). That would be a battle of the century, even though Darkseid may have the Edge with the OB/OE, Superman can call for help from fellow JL members!!! ohhh my imagination is jizzing

THIS!!!plus that last line killed me lol!!

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO: what i mean by ''more powerful'' is keep his powerlevel at a constint like the other posts have said make him a powerhouse but insteed of watering down his powers make him fight stronger enimies that will push him to his limits each time.

#15 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he gets more weaknesses because right now he has about 2, doesn't he?

#16 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! i hate a weakened Superman, i mean he should be the Earth's go to powerhouse. I'm fine watching him struggle a bit agin, but dont have him thrown around like a ragdoll the entire issue. That being said, if Superman is too awesome; the problem returns that he cant be challenged without some dumbed down, silver age, excuse of a threat. Plus, it kind of defeats the purpose of having the Justice League if Superman can do everythng.

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: exactlly thats why i like pre-flash point supes he was at the ryt leveel he was the goto power house but there were threats that he could not take on alone but over all thas what i hope for him in the new 52.

@htb106: I dount think giveing supes more weaknesses is a good idea they over did the hole green rock weakness cause anyone and everyone could get one but if he more weaknesses it would litay be the end if supes cause it would give writers and excues to make there favorite heros take n supes in a fight and win but ubder really dumb rules.

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont get why people want Superman to be even more powerful than he already is.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@htb106: Kryptonite, magic and guys who are just as strong or stronger than him, oh and weapons strong enough to pierce his skin.
#20 Posted by Dernman (14783 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure I want him more powerful then Pre flashpoint Superman but I do want him more powerful then post flashpoint. To many things make me thing he is not that powerful.

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman: Post Flaspoint Superman's power Levels have been inconsistent so far. But they are below Post-Crisis Superman's.
#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: whats post flash pount supes??? do you mean new supes or some other one??

#23 Posted by Thorion88 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Post Flash point Superman is DCnU Superman.

Otherwise this is another thread filled with whiny Superman fans over complaining about things that affect EVERY comic book superhero/villain.

Power inconsistencies affect and happen to every character, not just this one superhero. And he's also played a part in degrading other characters as well. If he's strong then he's strong if he's not then he's not, deal with it.

#24 Posted by Z3RO180 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thorion88: ohh thanks for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.