Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What did you think of Landis' Adventures of Superman story?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed the story quite a bit but I'm having trouble figuring out what he was trying to say with the story. I'm also not entirely sure how I feel about what Superman said to the Joker about killing. At first, I thought Supes' was just lying out his bum to scare the phycho, but then he said the same thing to Batman.

I immediately thought about what Landis said about the conclusion of Man of Steel, explaining that he thought it was actually Superman's responsibility to kill Zod in the situation he found himself in, comparing them to two adults in a room full of kindergarteners.

Any thoughts on this issue? I'm excited to discuss it :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Well I liked the first part because i thought it was supposed to be comedy driven, the second one though was just Landis talking not the characters. The part with Superman's no kill code doesn't make sense because he has a no-kill code, in a multitude of stories we see him say how important a life is and that no-one has the right to take it.
    I don't have a problem with Superman killing when there is no other way(doomsday ) but to kill the Joker is rediculous because Superman can find many ways to stop him instead of killing him, It goes completely against the character's personality.
    Anyway it didn't bugged me because I know it was Superman just bluffing, he went to Batman just to stop him from taking more decisions like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I was skeptical about landis's writing skill but I was wonderfully surprised. Especially with jock's amazing art. I loved the back and forth between superman and joker. How it showed that superman was just plain not afraid of him. In addition I loved superman's remark about the killing rule. It brought back a essence from the 40's version of superman who wasn't afraid to rough up villains and who it if it he had to was willing to kill. To be honest the joker is a wild card who is never properly prosecuted and will never be brought to bear for his crimes. So if Supes did kills him I wouldn't have a problem with it. The criticism that gets tossed around is that he won't be able to stop. But people are forgetting that superman is not a psychopath. He has restraint. That's what's kept most of his villains alive. In addition I really enjoyed superman confronting batman on the way he let joker into metropolis. I found it extremely arrogant of batman to think he had the situation under "control". He cannot control joker and to think so is ridiculous. He should of found that out by now. I especially loved the way superman responded to batman's bat glare and the way he called the joker his playmate. It was very awesome. And it was cool to see superman one up bats. A very good arc. 9/10 for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.