Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What did you like about the Man of Steel Movie?

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just watched the Man of Steel Movie and I LOVED IT!!!!!

I loved the added things into the character and story of superman!

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its was very very good but superman was depowered an amount but the punches made it feel as if he wasn't but very good movie

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrShway88

Love the action, like the actors/actresses choices, debatable ending, and like the plot.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The special effects, the story, when Faora fought normal humans and zipped right threw them, the final fight, Jonathan Kent's performance, Jor-el's performance, Zod's performance, the last scene........just freakin everything.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Faora VS Stabler.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad you guys are giving positive feedback about Man of Steel cant wait to go see it :)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By w0nd

@coolcat4 said:

its was very very good but superman was depowered an amount but the punches made it feel as if he wasn't but very good movie

couldn't really tell he was depowered. Even when he was battling in what was supposed to be his atmosphere, he still had power...if this was the animated series or in the comic he would have dropped like a fly....examples superman earth one where the red solar radiation beam was shot down on him Lois with a truck had to save him, and in the cartoons he is depowered right away. In this movie nothing really phased him except soldiers with the same powers. Only time he seemed weaker was in flash backs for obvious reasons.

I loved this movie to death. People say he "punched too much" I can count several times where he just walked away...if someone came and threatened your mother and then your planet would you not hit them. I don't know what they were expecting really...but fair enough

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By marvelftw

I thoroughly enjoyed almost all of it. If I had to point out one gripe, then it'd be they did draw out that last fight a little, but yeah, can't wait for the sequel (which has apparently already been announced).

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, the action sequences were great. And seeing Russel Crowe fighting like in Gladiator was epic!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By kidchipotle

I loved every single thing about this movie.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was good to see kryptonians fight like the should. That crazy ass B with her super speed combos were amazing. They were fast but fast enough for you to see.

Avatar image for showboatingpenguin
    ShowboatingPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Foara looks like she could give Flash a run for his money.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Veshark

The special effects were probably the best part. Completely blew my mind. We have never had a high-tier superhero movie with fights on this scale before. The closest we came to was Thor, and even then the fights with Destroyer and Loki weren't even on this level. Just the sheer force of superhumans colliding, absolutely decimating everything in their path. It was like a force of nature.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To echo what's already been said, the action scenes were great. CGI has been around long enough now that just throwing a lot of crap on the screen isn't enough anymore, but I thought Man of Steel used the effects in a creative way. The pacing of the fighting and the way it all went down really felt like a comic book fight in a way that no other movie has captured.

I also really liked that Lois Lane was so active. The love interests in these movies are so often just there to be rescued, but Lois was smart and independent and had a vital role to play in saving the world. Let's hope this trend continues!

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

The special effects were probably the best part. Completely blew my mind. We have never had a high-tier superhero movie with fights on this scale before. The closest we came to was Thor, and even then the fights with Destroyer and Loki weren't even on this level. Just the sheer force of superhumans colliding, absolutely decimating everything in their path. It was like a force of nature.

Don't forget the whole "flying through, like, FOUR SKYSCRAPERS" in a row.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Russell Crow thats about it... very poor movie. Soo dissapointed, been 12 hours now.. im still sad, so wanted it to be good, i wanted to be blown away by action.. just so joyless.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Jor El meeting Lois and of course Faora. Zod was great too but Faora was a maniac. The scene where Jonathan Kent told Clark to stay was a sad part. I loved how they ended the movie also.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just a question,how powerful is Faora?i'm not watch movie now,i'm hear someone she was stronger than superman on earth

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Emotional depth and complexity of the movie and the strong messages it gives along with being complemented by action right out of a Superman comic that we've wanted forever and faora was surprising didn't expect so much awesome from her and Henry Cavill is definitely Superman. I loved it!!!

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Not at all, he was physically superior in every way. She is a lot more ruthless than him and it was nearly always 3 v 1 so he is obviously gonna have to strain himself when fighting them but she was shown as much weaker than him.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora VS Stabler.

For some reason, our version has this scene omitted, I think they where supposed to really fight, but the one showed to us just had Stabler pulling out a knife and Superman saving him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skunkstein: for every 5 people who like it there is 1 person who despises it lol

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: Is superman more skill and more experience than she?what can prove superman physically superior in every way?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Definitely loved the fight scenes in this movie. Especially the one between Supes and Zod.

I also loved the Lex Luthor and Batman Easter eggs.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SandMan_

Faora and Nam-Ek vs Superman was the best part.

Zod vs Superman too.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

The tone, the action, the performances and the absolutely beautiful music that accompanied the film.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: Is superman more skill and more experience than she?what can prove superman physically superior in every way?

Skill and Experience aren't physical stats. What proves or at least leads us to believe he is stronger, faster etc. is due to the fact that he fought three other kryptonians at once and managed to get the upper hand at one point. She is clearly more skilled and experienced at combat whereas due to him having powers longer he has seemed to developed them more.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt: ok...i'm more want to watch movie....

just a idea,superman fight with three kryptonians doesnt mean superman three time stronger than a normal kryptonian O_o

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jor-El beating the crap out of Zod!

The comic has Sup's mom being this bad-ass fighter, so when we saw Jor doing the beatings it was a pleasant surprise.

Faora beating Superman was also sweet!

And Superman only came to Lois rescue 3 times! (4 would have been utterly unacceptable! )

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Faora and Nam-Ek vs Superman was the best part.

Zod vs Superman too.

Thats his name? I thought it was supposed to be Snyders version of Non.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved how he made it so realistic and possible. I loved the story of the artificial births. I loved the way clark moved from placed to place as it seemed more realistic. At first i had a bit of an issue with how Lois was able to track him down to his home but then i thought about how if an alien was on the earth and did superheroics, no matter how discreetly, he would be found eventually. I loved the downed kryptonoan ship trappep in the ice (was that the films interpretation of the fortress of solitude? If so it would be more practical). I LOVED THIS MOVIE! WORTH THE WAIT!!!

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh I also loved how they had him leaping before he could fly. An awesome nod to the first interpretation of Superman (able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!) LOVE IT!!!

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this film so much, it the greatest live action Superman product I’ve ever seen. I must admit I’m not the biggest Superman fan. I’ve seen all the other films, I even own Superman Returns (I now can’t make it past when he stops the out of control plane, because I know its so boring). I have a few comics, toys and other stuff, but never really connected with the guy.

This film blew me away though. The opening on Krypton was brilliant, I really wasn’t expecting it. I found it refreshing to see Krypton the way it shown on screen, the inhabitants, the technology and the landscape, instead of some guys in a room who are supposed to be on Krypton.

I liked the story of Clark finding who he is, the small flash backs to his youth, were handled well instead of it taking up half the film. The action scenes were amazing, there was a lot of CGI, but when your dealing with aliens who can fly and rip buildings apart, there is no other solution, and my eyes we glued to screen constantly. I really don’t think I can fault this film; it was everything I wanted in a Superman film, proper action and battles with villains, and destruction of surroundings. It was so nice not having Lex Luther in the film either.

I’m struggling to see how the film is split down the middle with critics. Most of them are trying to compare it with the Reeve films, or saying there’s to much action and little humour.

I think the action was just enough, I think it’s a bonus we actually got some action, and to see Superman in a proper fight.

One of the best superhero films I’ve seen. Not just a fantastic superhero film, but also a great science fiction film.

Snyder and the cast did an amazing job.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the cast, Henry is Superman in my eyes. The action sequences were amazing. I liked the concept of how the government was reacting to an alien species. Everything I've ever wanted in a Superman movie was in this movie i'm satisfied and I can't wait till MoS 2!

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neale7 and @superboy101 I agree with you both! AMazing film!!! We finally had a great visual of kryptonian culture! advance technology and alien species!!!! LOVED IT!!! I loved the serious tone as this is about a story of a stranger trying to find who he is! LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much everything. I thought it was far better than any previous superman film.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ciriel

I like the concept that his powers are like a schizophrenia for him until he learns to control them.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nothing like the previous superman movies.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Bezza

..it was different! I liked that! Also, the battle scene with Zod is another cinematic changing moment, an absolutely epic fight like nothing you've scene before. A bit like the fight scenes from the Matrix which were copied a zillion times afterwards. Expect the Avengers 2 to have similar wizz bang fights after MOS.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps the thing I liked most about Man of Steel is that it finally stepped away from the Donner/Reeve shadow. It kinda ruined Superman Returns for me.

Krypton was fantastic (if a bit drab)

I liked the drilling platform rescue, even if it was over before you could appreciate it. Some of the fight effects were amazingly well made. I really liked the guy who played Zod and Diane Lane. I think Cavill looked ok for the job and I do hope he can expand his part in the next one.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman reference was the best part!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.