Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What are you expecting from Doomed?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
    Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

In these areas:

-What do you expect from the story? Are you giving it a fair shot or dismissing it because of previews and Lobdell?

-What do you expect as far as feats? Slightly relating to the first question, do you think it'll actually be a good story or just a feat fest?

-Do you think it will have any lasting impact on the DC universe?

-How involved do you anticipate Batman being?

-Will Maxima make her return here?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anybody?

ssj4jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

- I'm going to give it a chance. Previews are like solicits: very misleading. Although I like the previews I saw.

- Hoping for new feats something surpassing Doomsday very first encounter Pre-52.

-Impact will probably last a while after all Luthor will probably make sure of that.

-Minimal lesser than Superman Unchained.

-Probably not. Maxima maybe can appear in the aftermath though.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Was gonna read since the very beginning when I learned about Doomed, previews only got me even more exited; hopefully, Pak and Soule > Lobdell.

- I’m expecting first in New 52 big Superman’s fight with powerhouse opponent (since Snyder chickened out in Unchained) and some nice showings; expecting good story, because, again, Pak and Soule.

- Probably yes.

- Well, Batman/Superman #11 will be the Doomed tie-in, so some Batman’s involvement is expected (hopefully to lesser degree that in Unchained – for once I want to read big Superman event without constantly seeing Batman).

- Would be nice, but I doubt it.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UltimateSMfan
    • The preview got me interested, After reading it, I thoroughly enjoyed it, much better than i expected. Do check it out.
    • As far as Feats go this was Insane!! In a good way :) But you'll be happy to know it was like 95% well written story 5% feats. That 5% though.....Damn(for both Supes and DD)
    • Too early to tell about an impact on the entire universe,cause here Supes doesn't die but there'll definitely be a huge impact on the superverse.
    • I trust Pak knows how much to and not to include(and prop up) other characters in a Superman focused book(After reading Action 31,I liked how he handled it)
    • Unlikely.
    jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: This came off to a good start! That final move....JESUS!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Have you read the 'Infected' issues too? I NEED to talk about those,Eeep! :D :D

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll after reading the issue not much since I hated it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Read Action 31 and S/WW 8. Both were great! What did you want to talk about them?

@z3ro180 said:

We'll after reading the issue not much since I hated it.

Why'd you hate it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Garbage.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: first off the art and wroteing is just crap. Second the reason for Doomsday wanting to fight is just yet again crap, it basically he's just hungry whitch is stupid. Third it was already established that Doomsday was a mindless animal that just kills, Lobdell has now made it that he planned all that is happening whitch is yet again crap. The thing where doomsday is evolving to pretty cool and chapters 2 and 3 written by Pak and Soule where good enough to keep me interested in the crossover but Lobdell is just bad.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jwalser3: Have you read the 'Infected' issues too? I NEED to talk about those,Eeep! :D :D

I've read them all and look you I enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't say they were brilliant, but I don't quite get the hate on here for the books...

Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliant way to use Doomsday and add a twist to it without recycling old stories. It will only get better and better

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jwalser3
    @bezza said:

@ultimatesmfan said:

I've read them all and look you I enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't say they were brilliant, but I don't quite get the hate on here for the books...

I think since people see Lobdell's name on it, they go in reading biased.

@z3ro180 said:

@jwalser3: first off the art and wroteing is just crap. Second the reason for Doomsday wanting to fight is just yet again crap, it basically he's just hungry whitch is stupid. Third it was already established that Doomsday was a mindless animal that just kills, Lobdell has now made it that he planned all that is happening whitch is yet again crap. The thing where doomsday is evolving to pretty cool and chapters 2 and 3 written by Pak and Soule where good enough to keep me interested in the crossover but Lobdell is just bad.

Man, you must really hate Parasite then. But why is it crap to turn a one dimesional brute into a thinker. It adds to the character making him an even bigger challenge. I also wouldn't say the art is crap, I mean look.

No Caption Provided

Then I don't know what to say.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jwalser3:

Good point, but the one shot is a combined effort between Lobdell, Soule and Pak..so people should not be so easily dismissive. Agree about the art too! The drawings on the last 4 pages of the one shot story are amazing...!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Bruxae

I hadn't heard anything about it before picking it up, can anyone tell me if this is gonna be a one-shot or a series?

As for the issue, the art was great but the rest was pretty bad..

I didn't like how weak Doomsday seemed, this is the guy who punched Superman to death and broke Diana's arm with one hit recently. Yet in the comic he just stands around without really throwing many punches, and when the fighting starts to take off it doesn't take long for Superman to literally rip him apart? It doesn't feel right that Supes can take Doomsday in a purely physical fight since that's kinda Doomsdays thing, not to mention that Supes can just rip him apart with barely any build up.. Soule did the same thing with Atrocitus when he got punched out by Guy Gardner with no ring and it's really making me annoyed with him which sucks, since he is a great writer when he doesn't pull this stuff.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: No I don't hate parasite and I stand by what I said

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's "meh" so far TBH

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Why don't you hate Parasite, but hate Doomsday when he is doing the same thing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.