Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18940 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

What are Superman's Speeds on Earth?

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is Superman's combat speed, flight speed, and running speed on earth? (Please specify version too)

I've seen many scans of him reaching FTL in space, but that is a vacuum..... On earth it has to be different....

And when superman flies in space , is he at top speed right away? Or does he gradually reach a top speed? Or does his speed in space continue to go faster and faster with no top speed because he is in a vacuum?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this was done before on this site...I couldn't find these exact answers when I googled Superman's Speed on comicvine via google.....

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is FTL in Earth and in space. Why would it be any different? It wouldn't. These are just pathetic excuses that people come up with to try and downplay Superman so that they can make it look like some other character they like more is actually more powerful than Superman.

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea even Smallville superman is FTL.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FTL in space

He doesn't go FTL on earth

His combat speed isn't FTL

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: If superman went FTL on earth it would kill everyone he passed and destroy everything

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

They're fictional characters, it's a comic-book.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l3g3ndarypheonix:

Please explain to me what combat-speed is and why Superman's combat-speed isn't FTL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96: i know but sometimes they at least try to provide some explanation, like how they claim that the speed force protects flash from destroying everything

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.