Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Weird question about Superman

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Red_Jack

Okay, you'll have to forgive me here, since I am not the slightest bit a fan of superman so I may come off as ignorant here.  I do have a question to any of the big superman fans over something I've often wondered. 

I know that superman is the man of steel, he flies, has lazery eyes, immense strength and icy breath.  He can inhale gases and not be affected.  Faster than a speeding bullet. 
    I realise he has a weakness to kryptonite. 

so I also know that a common bullet fired from a gun will not penetrate him and barely even hurts him. 
    So what about very highly powered guns, like a dessert eagle? 
    Also, is his interior as normal and fleshy as a humans?  what if somebody managed to stick a gun in his mouth and fire it?  Will that actually do permanent damage? 
    What if somebody shot him in the eye?  Does he have eyes of steel?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone
    UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@turoksonofstone: I was just abt to giv that exact same example!! lol good one!!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sinestro_GL

@Red_Jack said:

Okay, you'll have to forgive me here, since I am not the slightest bit a fan of superman so I may come off as ignorant here. I do have a question to any of the big superman fans over something I've often wondered. I know that superman is the man of steel, he flies, has lazery eyes, immense strength and icy breath. He can inhale gases and not be affected. Faster than a speeding bullet. I realise he has a weakness to kryptonite. so I also know that a common bullet fired from a gun will not penetrate him and barely even hurts him. So what about very highly powered guns, like a dessert eagle? Also, is his interior as normal and fleshy as a humans? what if somebody managed to stick a gun in his mouth and fire it? Will that actually do permanent damage? What if somebody shot him in the eye? Does he have eyes of steel?

I suppose the more highly powered guns may knock him back a bit...kind of like being pushed by a five year old, and then being pushed by a 10 year old.

...as for sticking a gun down his mouth...I don't think that could happen since Superman's reflexes are a bit too quick for that.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red_Jack
    @turoksonofstone: Wow, eyes of steel indeed :P. 

Does make you wonder what his eyes are made of though.  ahh, it's a comic creation from the golden era: stuff like that didn't matter back then
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

@Red_Jack said:

Wow, eyes of steel indeed :P. Does make you wonder what his eyes are made of though. ahh, it's a comic creation from the golden era: stuff like that didn't matter back then

Super condensed water and jelly. So condensed as to be hard enough to do that.

On topic, all of Superman's cells are energized with the whole solar energy, so pretty much it goes all through his organs. Or, to use a more classic explanation: Superman has an aura of invulnerability around him. Anything within that aura is invincible. Anything outside of him, less so. Hence why his cape used to get shot up: It was outside that field. As for high powered weapons, I don't think anything short of a tank shell will make Superman stumble.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chocobojam

Have you also wonder if Supergirl has a tits of steel?? or is she still a virgin?? well...because, you know....no one can penetrate her.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By GunGunW

A desert eagle would still have no effect on him. He can catch rockets like they're nothing.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

@chocobojam said:

Have you also wonder if Supergirl has a tits of steel?? or is she still a virgin?? well...because, you know....no one can penetrate her.

All kneel before Zod.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By evilvegeta74

What happens when he has diarrhea? This can't be good! lol

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Rumble Man

@evilvegeta74 said:

What happens when he has diarrhea? This can't be good! lol

Butt rockets

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saucedo17

@chocobojam: Challenge accepted

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Martian

@chocobojam said:

She's had sex before...

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal19

Superman has been shot with tank rounds and they had no effect on him, so a desert eagle would have no effect on him

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cloudzackvincent

Desert eagle wouldn't even make him blink, and neither would the gun in the mouth work since he has the aura of invulnerability around his cells

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red_Jack

Could you imagine what would happen with a bullet shot in his mouth?  It'd be be pinging around his insides.  Then again, any foreign objects that enter him can be blown out with his super breath.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Red_JackSuperman would chew the bullet and spit it out, maybe take a bite of the gun too.

Also this.

@JonSmith said:

On topic, all of Superman's cells are energized with the whole solar energy, so pretty much it goes all through his organs. Or, to use a more classic explanation: Superman has an aura of invulnerability around him. Anything within that aura is invincible. Anything outside of him, less so. Hence why his cape used to get shot up: It was outside that field.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By THORSON

i hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.