Watching Superman vs the elite, the first time around was anyone.

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

Was anyone else surprised at the end fight of the movie?(Question not really for those, if you read the comic) Where Superman went ape, and pretty much destroyed the elite? At first being that I didn't know it was a trick I was like O_O "WHOA! NO WAY! Superman snapped!" I was actually surprised, because before all I saw was Superman just laying the smack down on villains never killing them....so it was a big surprise to me until it showed that it was just a trick. 

But then it also got me thinking, that if Superman really did become that all hell would break lose. 

Kinda off topic: Movie was awesome though all around, loved it.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17961 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good film, and while the art was a little undesirable at parts, it paid good respects to the comic.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant film. Absolutely loved it. My favourite of the DCAO movies. Art could have been better but overall it was a fantastic adaption of one of my favourite Superman stories

#4 Posted by Wolfrazer (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

Was also dark, at least for a Superman movie.

#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

I had already read the comic when I saw the film, but my girlfriend was legitimately worried and a little scared during that scene. I don't think I could have been happier with the movie. Very, very enjoyable.

#6 Posted by Wolfrazer (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

Also found it funny that Manchester, turned into a hypocrite at that fight.

#7 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the same initial reaction.

But yeah, honestly, this movie was what made me take more interest in Superman. I had only read Superman before in crossovers, events, and JLA comics, so I had limited knowledge on really who the character was. But after watching this movie and loving it, I got the comic it was based on, watched all of the Superman movies, and am planning on reading more Superman comics. I now like and more importantly appreciate Superman.

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.