Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Was Superman Returns really that bad ?

• 60 results
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TrueMarvel: Warning for insults.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sinestro_GL

The mistake they did was that they decided NOT to reboot after 20-or-so years, so the tone and theme of the films seemed rather dated, considering how comics have evolved since the time of the Reeves films.

Yes, I thought the film was bad. Full marks for Marlon Brando though :P

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By consolemaster001

@FiguredOut95 said:

@consolemaster001: I had a list of problems with the movie:

1. Where was he for 5 years? I know he was searching for Kyripton but we need some sort of flash back to give us an idea.

2. Superman braking up a family, for what seemed his own selfish love of lois.

3. Lex Luthor was coll and Kevin Spacy did a good job but I feel you could take most of his stuff out of the movie and I would not care, as I enjoyed the Clark Kent side of the movie. (Thats coming from a guy who roots for the villans)

4.There where a few more few more but I forget (benn awhile since I watched)

But overall the movie still had lots off good going for it, I loved the sence where clacks glasses fall off his nose and he considers reveling his face to Lois and the action looked grate.

Overall 6.5/10 There is a fantastic move buryed beneath lots of dirt, but I still enjoy and recomed it to eveyone.

1.There was a scene where superman arrived at the ruins of krypton but it was cut

2.I think he tried to refrain from doing what you just said

3.It was like smallville the movie

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Yes it most certainly was.

/thread.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Emperorb777

It wasn't that bad it could have been better but there have been worse Superhero movies.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

No, it wasn't that bad. It was actually a pretty well done film in my books albeit a little slow. Bryan Singer chose to focus on Superman and his strive for humanity rather than his physical attributes which in my opinion, made for a familiar, yet intriguing story.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By consolemaster001

No, it wasn't that bad. It was actually a pretty well done film in my books albeit a little slow. Bryan Singer chose to focus on Superman and his strive for humanity rather than his physical attributes which in my opinion, made for a familiar, yet intriguing story.

I agree !

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FiguredOut95: Looky here stupid. I Stated my opinion and YOU attacked me for it. I think its a soap opera. I don't go into a superman movie to watch twlight. You are the shallow one. Judging me for my own personal opinion like some type of retard. Shut the F*** Up. I'm entitled to my own GOD**** opinion. ITS A SOAP OPERA. ITS A TWLIGHT MOVIE. AND WHAT? you have something to B***** about some more? I don't give a Damn if you liked that STUPID A** movie. I didn't. Thats my own GOD**** opinion you A**wipe. I don't get mad at you for liking twlight. you need to mind your won business and stop attacking other peoples Point of Views. Thats what truely f******* shallow. The mere idea that you feel the need to attack my opinion as if only your stupid a*** point of view is the only oone that matters. No need to replay Mr. Shallow. I'm done with your bulls***

You know...just because an opinion is your own, DOESN'T give you immunity from being called out on it or having to defend it if it's threatened. Heck, if you have an opinion, you BETTER be able to back it up.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were certain things I liked, but overall, they couldn't save it for me. The costume had a high neckline that looked like it was choking him, a tiny chest symbol, and a tone of red that was way too muddy. I have nothing against Brandon Routh. I think he had a decent understanding of the character and a lot of enthusiasm, but he just had NO presence in the role. He can't be blamed entirely. They did write him as a silent emo stalker. I can understand the "actions speak louder than words" approach to Superman, since it does fit the character in a lot of ways, but you still have to provide some meaningful ACTIONS, and the shuttle rescue and the kryptonite island just didn't cut it. I thought their approach to the special effects was good and kind of interesting but it wasn't as ambitious and creative as it could've been. Overall, the movie just sort of... lies there. I think the thing that really earned it my scorn was that it lead Bryan Singer to leave his ultimate X-Men movie in the hands of the genius who brought us Rush Hour. Superman Retruns' greatest crime was simply being forgettable, and when you deal with an icon like Superman, that's a pretty severe offense.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as great as superman movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.